Hockey is in one sad state

Leafs Suck

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentSe...ol=970081593064

The fact Gretzky & Co. is considering Bertuzzi for Canada's World Cup team proves what a sad state hockey is in.

The guy nearly kills Steve Moore two months ago, and now everyone seems to have forgotten and wants him on the World Cup team and back in the NHL.

The guy has only served 17 games. 17 games for breaking a guys neck, giving him a concussion and all but ruining his career. Yet Perezhogin gets banned from the AHL for a year, and gets lynched by the media.

I know Bertuzzi is only being considered and he might not be named, but the fact his name has come up and people have forgotten what he did, shows this game is in serious trouble.

Bertuzzi and the NHL should not be said in the same sentance until this time next year.

If he is named and is allowed to play it would be a tragedy.

As I said before if Perezhogin was a draft pick of the Laffs or a Canadian, the AHL would not have found it so easy to throw the book at him.

As far as the World Cup the roster selections should be interesting. Eric Dutsachek(sp) of the Globe and Mail is a reasonable journalist, but I question two of his picks

which can be found here

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...BNStory/Sports/

I can understand putting Stevie Y on the list as he can be replaced in he is not physically able to play, but Bryan McCabe???!!! Bryan, pylon, I suck, freaking McCabe???? He's not even the best Canadian defenseman on his own team!!!

I know there may be questions about Souray, but surely their is another Canadian d-man better than Bryan McCabe.

Also of note: he did not suggest Bertuzzi

McWhiner is not being considered by anyone other than the Leaf media.

If the goalies aren't Brodeur, Luongo, Theodore, it would be a grave injust.

Fat Quinn will try and weasal one of his players on the time, just like he got Cu-choke on the 02 squad.

• 2 weeks later...

No brain needed to be a journalist. These are his picks, from his little brain and have nothing to do with the world the rest of us live in. Mario? not even if he was healthy all this year would i consider him, but Torontonians seem to like older men...We'd be better off with Ryder anyday. Don't pay this guy no never mind, just a fool with a newspaper gig.

Hockey is in one sad state

For a minute there, I thought you meant Florida. :eyes:

Why would he? Bertuzzi isn't all that good minus the huge amount of hype following him. He had 1 great season in which he lead the NHL in scoring, got his large salary then instantly things began slowing down for him.

All he does consistently is provide a large body in front of the net (the Canucks don't even use him for that anymore), and he's powerful. He'll fight, but not particularly well. He can only win a fight if his opponent is unaware that he wants to fight (this doesn't only happen with Moore). Note to Bertuzzi: You may want to notify the next person you fight, that you actually want to fight as opposed to jumping on him and attacking him out of nowhere.

Originally posted by PMAC

As I said before if Perezhogin was a draft pick of the Laffs or a Canadian, the AHL would not have found it so easy to throw the book at him.

As far as the World Cup the roster selections should be interesting. Eric Dutsachek(sp) of the Globe and Mail is a reasonable journalist, but I question two of his picks

which can be found here

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...BNStory/Sports/

I can understand putting Stevie Y on the list as he can be replaced in he is not physically able to play, but Bryan McCabe???!!! Bryan, pylon, I suck, freaking McCabe???? He's not even the best Canadian defenseman on his own team!!!

I know there may be questions about Souray, but surely their is another Canadian d-man better than Bryan McCabe.

The question is, which Souray would they get? The sharpshooting monster of Games 1-20 or the craptacular d-man/pylon of the rest of the season. Beside, I'd rather not he get injured during the World Cup. He should have some rest during the summer to regain his form.