Max and O'Byrne called up

Habsfan24

Dandy's effort is a result of the extra guys we have to play if someone falters.

It might be the best time we ever have to move him out too.

I think it is right for a any player on a team to stick up for their captain... but I kind of think the way Dandy went about it was wrong (might not make any brownie points for saying that)... but you go in and pull the guy off saku ... but to charge, dive, and tackle him was dangerous... it could have ended up in serious injury... i like dandy's passion but didnt like that play at all and i love rough games... just pull the dude off koivu and then wait until next shift to hammer the point across that the habs are not going to take anyone messin around with saku.

after seeing Muller get worked up at claude julien a couple weeks ago I sometimes wonder if he'd be better suited for the head coach position ;)

looking forward to thursday night's game against the bruins wohooo!!!

:ghg:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still like Smokes, and think he looks good on the first line... party because Lats/Chips/Dandy have some chemistry right now.

I don't like Smokes.

1. He does not hit.

2. He does not win faceoffs (important ones)

3. He is a floater

4. When he recieves a pass for an odd man rush his first step is always to the boards (allowing other players to catch up)

5. He is slow- slower than Latendresse.

6. There are numerous better options.

I think it is right for a any player on a team to stick up for their captain... but I kind of think the way Dandy went about it was wrong (might not make any brownie points for saying that)... but you go in and pull the guy off saku ... but to charge, dive, and tackle him was dangerous... it could have ended up in serious injury... i like dandy's passion but didnt like that play at all and i love rough games... just pull the dude off koivu and then wait until next shift to hammer the point across that the habs are not going to take anyone messin around with saku.

Normally I'd agree that I love a guy for standing up for a teammate, but I think Koivu wanted to fight. He seemed quite frustrated and looked like he was about ready to drop the gloves and vent some of that frustration. I think a Koivu fight could be huge for this team, provided he doesn't try to take on a good fighter, obviously.

I'm not really expecting Dandenault to play next game. I expect a suspension for tackling Samuelsson after the whistle. I'm gonna call a 3 or 4 game suspension.

I'm not really expecting Dandenault to play next game. I expect a suspension for tackling Samuelsson after the whistle. I'm gonna call a 3 or 4 game suspension.

I like what he did it was great.

I hope he gets 10 games.

Why?

to force Carbo to keep him out of the lineup, I'd imagine.

Yes exactly why.

If he was playing defense and doing a good job fine but 1.75 millon for what he brings just is not worth it.

I hope he gets traded or waived.

LINES AT PRACTICE PER TSN......

Higgins - Koivu - Smolinski

Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev

Begin/Lapierre - Kostopoulos - Ryder

Latendresse - Chipchura - Dandenault

Defence

Markov - Komisarek

Hamrlik - O'Byrne

Bouillon - Brisebois

Gorges - Streit

Has Kosto centered yet this season? I know he has in the past. I wish they flipped Latendresse and Smolinski and used lapierre on the Kosto line.

I agree.

I'd like to see these lines..

Latendresse - Koivu - Higgins

Bégin - Kostopoulos - Lapierre

Dandeneault - Chipchura - Streit or Ryder

I'd really like to see what a line made up of Bégin Kostopoulos and Lapierre line could do. Crash and bang hockey baby!! Maybe it would wake up the other players!

Edited by Habsfan

Out of curiousity, what time did Begins fight happen at the end of the game? if there is a fight withing tthe final minutes, does that not warrant a suspension??

I'd really like to see what a line made up of Bégin Kostopoulos and Lapierre line could do. Crash and bang hockey baby!! Maybe it would wake up the other players!

The biggest improvement on Max and O'byrne call back, don't forget Halak is a new

dynamic to this club. Some people called it a country club lately but with

an overflow of players nobody can rest or give an off night.

Kovalev won't be happy with Lapierre come back he hates his guts, he said it

before, but it takes nastyness, look at the Rags without Avery, every team needs

an igniter, and Bégin is more a old workhorse respected for his dedication than a

ignoter.

A curly hair boy that nobody knows getting under your nerves. If he gets under his teanàmamtes nerves he will get throught opponents nerves

O'byrne is the best news i heard so far, a few games from him, a couple big hits and our friend Chris will join us back for a heavy hit celebration. If you're reading Chris watch some

Minnessota games, Lemaire doesn't give an inch out there.

We are far from done, we still have Carey, Christopher, Mike , Ryan, Roman, Guillaume,

Max, Steeve, Kyle, Andrei and a lot of games to play.

Kovalev won't be happy with Lapierre come back he hates his guts, he said it

before, but it takes nastyness, look at the Rags without Avery, every team needs

an igniter, and Bégin is more a old workhorse respected for his dedication than a

ignoter.

A curly hair boy that nobody knows getting under your nerves. If he gets under his teanàmamtes nerves he will get throught opponents nerves

I'd love to see someone deck Kovalev and then have Laps come in and defend him, that would change everything. But then again, I've never seen Laps drop his gloves. Can he even fight? Same for our new 6 foot 5 inch friend. Can he fight? When I say fight I mean throw punches, not wrestle like Begin and Komi.

I'd love to see someone deck Kovalev and then have Laps come in and defend him, that would change everything. But then again, I've never seen Laps drop his gloves. Can he even fight? Same for our new 6 foot 5 inch friend. Can he fight? When I say fight I mean throw punches, not wrestle like Begin and Komi.

I found 2 youtube clips of O'Byrne fighting and he didn't look all that great, although one was apparently against an big AHL goon (tons of youtube fight vids) where he fought to a draw and the other where they danced a bit until O'Byrne decked him.

What's the thing between Kovalev and Lapierre? Was there an incident I've missed?

Anyways, nice to see those 2 energy guys called up ... hopefully it will ignite the whole team again!

Last year when we hit the big downard spiral and Kovalev was suffering from Vertigo he did an interview in Russia with some chick. Apparently he said a bunch of things like Carbo doesn't like russian players, mentioned the misuse of Samsonov and that the dressing room had a bunch of kids that had superstar attitudes pointing out Latendresse and Laps in particular.

I'm glad Kovalev is having a better season but he truly sucked the big one last year, and that interview is said to be somewhat fabricated. I personally believe it. One does not pull stuff like that out of their ass.

So......believe it or not I hope that situation doesn't show it's head.

I expect Laps to have been humbled by his failing to make the team out of camp. Hopefully this "superstar" attitude will not present itself.

I'm just excited so see that smirk on Laps' face as he gets the other teams going again.

Out of curiousity, what time did Begins fight happen at the end of the game? if there is a fight withing tthe final minutes, does that not warrant a suspension??

Why is Kostopoulos playing centre on a line with two ex-Cs? Are those the official lines or the ones you want to see?

You know, that's a good point. Lapierre is a real nasty player, fills the agitator role quite nicely. I remember him tripping up Crosby all the time last year. Begin does the same kind of thing, but with less frequency these days and I don't know why.