• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Temporary guess:

Higgins - Koivu - Striet/Ryder

Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev

Latendresse - Chipchura - Lapierre

Begin - Smolinski - Dandenault

You can switch up Dandenault and Lapierre or wtv you like.

Well, it's not a bad move to bring up a couple of new bodies, because something is clearly wrong with this squad the last couple of weeks. Maybe Lapierre can inject a spark to the 3rd/4th line, and maybe O'Byrne will be useful on defence. However, the team just can't seem to score, and it's unclear why. One of the players the team thought was going to help in Grabovski failed miserably. Grabovsky was a player I thought showed some good offensive creativity when he was called up for a few games last season. This season, he showed none of that, and despite a few good plays once every odd game, he generally seemed lost, no mater how much or little ice time he was given, and which types of players were on his line. He's probably going to bolt back to Bello/Russia after this season is over, and then we'll probably see S. Kostitsyn or M D'Agostini given a chance to break the lineup.

Recchi should have retired in the off season; he has nothing left in the tank. From what I saw of him play last season, compared to this one, he's *really* slowed down a lot, especially if you remember the way he used to play for the Habs. Actually, I thought he was not that great with the Hurricanes when they picked him up for their Stanley Cup run a couple of seasons ago.

I think he'll probably pass through waivers unclaimed, then he'll retire rather than go down to the minors. His wife and her family is from Pittsburgh, which is why he's wanted to go back there to play the last couple of seasons.

TSN now has this move up on their website:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=224411&hubname=nhl

Hell NO!!!

Like I said in the Recchi thread...he's too old(39 years old), he's too small(5'9" tall) and he's not as fast as he used to be. Plus he had a couple of decent season's lately mainly because he played with Crosby and Malkin. DO you see anybody of that caliber in Montreal? I certainly don't!

Edited by habscout

So they get called up does that mean the actually get in the lineup? And if they do dress how much icetime do they get? A regular shift? Who sits? Ryder was considerd before the Detriot game...........

Maybe it's time to rotate a few vets out of the lineup for a game and see what the rookies can do with a regular shift. Then bring the vets back in and see if they've gotten the message..........I suspect a few won't

I think he'll probably pass through waivers unclaimed, then he'll retire rather than go down to the minors. His wife and her family is from Pittsburgh, which is why he's wanted to go back there to play the last couple of seasons.

Then why is he pissed at the Penguins for benching him and says he wants to prove them wrong? At the very least, someone will pick him up on recall waivers. Teams would be crazy to not grab him at that kind of price, if just to play him on the 4th line and powerplay.

So they get called up does that mean the actually get in the lineup? And if they do dress how much icetime do they get? A regular shift? Who sits? Ryder was considerd before the Detriot game...........

Maybe it's time to rotate a few vets out of the lineup for a game and see what the rookies can do with a regular shift. Then bring the vets back in and see if they've gotten the message..........I suspect a few won't

I do hope they play.

brisebois, smolinski and ryder can all ride the press box.

Why? Gee, maybe his ego has gotten in the way of reality. A lot of pro players do not know when to call it quits and Recchi easily fits into that category.

Did you actually watch Recchi play the last time the Habs played Pittsburgh, or any other game since ? I have, and I saw a player who used to be very speedy that has lost a step. Rex never used to be the best two-way player either, so he has no usefulness on the 4th line. I liked Recchi when he played for the Habs, but I don't see any value to the Habs acquiring him this season.

Sure, Ryder, Breezy & Smolinski may be benched this season [or benched again for the latter two] but that won't justify picking up another underachieving, 39 year old forward, earning $1.75M, who has significantly slowed down this season, and has been scratched the last 6 straight games. Not to mention the fact that he seems to have lost his spot to rookie forward Tyler Kennedy, who's played in those same 6 games Recchi has been out, and managed 3 goals and 2 assists during that time. It's little wonder the Penguins have waived Recchi. I just read that he passed through waivers without a claim, so he'll have to report to the AHL if he wants to continue to draw his NHL salary, or retire.

Then why is he pissed at the Penguins for benching him and says he wants to prove them wrong? At the very least, someone will pick him up on recall waivers. Teams would be crazy to not grab him at that kind of price, if just to play him on the 4th line and powerplay.

I'm hoping for Bouillon, Smolinski and Ryder sitting.

At least Brisebois can make a solid breakout pass.

yeah!!! he should a few assists on parise's goals !!

he does bring something on PP.

Very happy to see that O'Byrne has been called up...allows us to sit an undersized d-man. Now if we could just make a move that would address the problems with Koivu and Ryder...we might be going places.

Why? Gee, maybe his ego has gotten in the way of reality. A lot of pro players do not know when to call it quits and Recchi easily fits into that category.

Did you actually watch Recchi play the last time the Habs played Pittsburgh, or any other game since ? I have, and I saw a player who used to be very speedy that has lost a step. Rex never used to be the best two-way player either, so he has no usefulness on the 4th line. I liked Recchi when he played for the Habs, but I don't see any value to the Habs acquiring him this season.

Sure, Ryder, Breezy & Smolinski may be benched this season [or benched again for the latter two] but that won't justify picking up another underachieving, 39 year old forward, earning $1.75M, who has significantly slowed down this season, and has been scratched the last 6 straight games. Not to mention the fact that he seems to have lost his spot to rookie forward Tyler Kennedy, who's played in those same 6 games Recchi has been out, and managed 3 goals and 2 assists during that time. It's little wonder the Penguins have waived Recchi. I just read that he passed through waivers without a claim, so he'll have to report to the AHL if he wants to continue to draw his NHL salary, or retire.

Recchi won't retire until the end of the season no matter where that is. Yes, he will even play it out in the AHL.

Not to worry though, he will be picked up on re-entry at 50%

Mwuhahaha!

So was I right or was I right, Mr. Carbonneau?

These moves should have been done at training camp, but even now, they are the right ones.

This is our best chance at snapping out of this skid - with Halak, Lapierre and O'Byrne with the team. Since Gorges was possibly our best defenceman last night (:puke:), it seems like Bouillon has lost his spot (permanently, I would imagine) to O'Byrne. Lapierre means we can finally have the depth we want on the bottom 2 lines without having to play guys like Grabovski and Ryder who just don't fit in.

Mwuhahaha!

So was I right or was I right, Mr. Carbonneau?

These moves should have been done at training camp, but even now, they are the right ones.

This is our best chance at snapping out of this skid - with Halak, Lapierre and O'Byrne with the team. Since Gorges was possibly our best defenceman last night (:puke:), it seems like Bouillon has lost his spot (permanently, I would imagine) to O'Byrne. Lapierre means we can finally have the depth we want on the bottom 2 lines without having to play guys like Grabovski and Ryder who just don't fit in.

I agree that these guys fit better in to our needs. Now lets see if they make a difference.

Don't get too excited boys.

Carbo has still screwed this up.....

LINES AT PRACTICE PER TSN......

Higgins - Koivu - Smolinski

Begin/Lapierre - Kostopoulos - Ryder

Latendresse - Chipchura - Dandenault

Defence

Markov - Komisarek

Hamrlik - O'Byrne

Bouillon - Brisebois

Gorges - Streit

Like Smokie deserves to see anything above news Headlines!!

the D pairings aren't bad at least. I'll take Gorges-Streit over Bouillon - Brisebois.

They would be fine if we used 8 D pairings per game

Defence

Markov - Komisarek

Hamrlik - O'Byrne

Bouillon - Brisebois

Gorges - Streit

Edited by Habitforming

They would be fine if we used 8 D pairings per game

Defence

Markov - Komisarek

Hamrlik - O'Byrne

Bouillon - Brisebois

Gorges - Streit

I figured that Carbo was trying to decide on the 3rd pair. What I was saying is that I like the top 2 pairs and would rather see the third pair be Gorges-Streit and have Bouillon and Brisebois watch from the press box.

Has Kosto centered yet this season? I know he has in the past. I wish they flipped Latendresse and Smolinski and used lapierre on the Kosto line.

I figured that Carbo was trying to decide on the 3rd pair. What I was saying is that I like the top 2 pairs and would rather see the third pair be Gorges-Streit and have Bouillon and Brisebois watch from the press box.

Has Kosto centered yet this season? I know he has in the past. I wish they flipped Latendresse and Smolinski and used lapierre on the Kosto line.

You're not alone there. I agree 100%

The first line is the only place Lats has looked good this season.

We have to move out some bodies. What a mess

Smolinski plays like garbage and his reward is a spot on the top line???

Utter ridiculousness if you ask me. If anyone deserves a spot in the press box tomorrow it will be him.

Smolinski plays like garbage and his reward is a spot on the top line???

Utter ridiculousness if you ask me. If anyone deserves a spot in the press box tomorrow it will be him.

Smolinski has an offensive upside as a winger. Or at least he did when I used to watch him in the West. Lats picked up his game on the first, so who's to say that Smoke won't as well. Carbo is probably thinking that Smoke is better on the backcheck than Lats. Ryder and Bouillion are my selections for the press box. I honestly think that Gorges has looked better than the Cube this year. The huge upside to all Carbo's line juggling is that Dandy went from a "Farce" as a 4th "D" man to a "Force" as a grinder. A few more games and it might be time for a Dandy appreciation thread.

Smolinski has an offensive upside as a winger. Or at least he did when I used to watch him in the West. Lats picked up his game on the first, so who's to say that Smoke won't as well. Carbo is probably thinking that Smoke is better on the backcheck than Lats. Ryder and Bouillion are my selections for the press box. I honestly think that Gorges has looked better than the Cube this year. The huge upside to all Carbo's line juggling is that Dandy went from a "Farce" as a 4th "D" man to a "Force" as a grinder. A few more games and it might be time for a Dandy appreciation thread.

Dandy's effort is a result of the extra guys we have to play if someone falters.

It might be the best time we ever have to move him out too.

I like everything but Smoke in the line-up.

Only reason he stays is because he is a righ handed centre and if they are not going to play him centre anyways whats the point. He is the worst player on the team and I would go as far to say as Montreal has at least 6 centres that I would rather have playing before him.