Max and O'Byrne called up

Habsfan24

Agreed Joe.

O'byrne has shown a lot of patience with the firt pass. Being a big guy help,

if you caugh my puck you are stuck with me and ot will hurt you.

Playing with Hammer does help and Streit and Brisebois looked decent with him.

I only see bigger results with bigger(mobile) defensemen.

2 pass is way more than our usual right D brings to the table.

Consider Bouillon on the trade market. for..a jack strap plein de marde:))

No seriously he had the guts to fight and has heart, Brisebois is the odd men out

he brings nothing offensively that anyone can do and he his a liability for his money

worth.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brisebois is the odd men out

he brings nothing offensively that anyone can do and he his a liability for his money

worth.

O'Byrne replaces Bouillon, not Brisebois.

In my eyes, put Brisebois with Hamrlik and Streit with O'Byrne, with Gorges subbing in for Brisebois every few games...you'll see good things.

What does Bouillon bring? No offence, and so far... little defence. He dropped the gloves against Boston...oh goody. :rolleyes:

In my eyes, put Brisebois with Hamrlik and Streit with O'Byrne, with Gorges subbing in for Brisebois every few games...you'll see good things.

What does Bouillon bring? No offence, and so far... little defence. He dropped the gloves against Boston...oh goody. :rolleyes:

I would fully agree that if O'byrne shows enough to stick around he should replace Bouillon. Having Streit or Gorges on their right side would be beneficial.

says who? YOU? Wtf is that? really.

Josh is almost 10 years younger

Josh is 5 inches taller

Josh is a better passer

I know you like what Frank brings physically but he gets out muscled and beat by bigger forwards way to often he does play well in a diminished role but he rarely ever has a solid game if he plays more than 14 minutes.

Frank has more heart and is a better fighter but both players will defend their team-mates which is great.

says who? YOU? Wtf is that? really.

Bouillon is 32 years old, he's not gonna suddenly get better. He's maxed out his potential by this point. Gorges is still just 23 with just two half-seasons under his belt. There is still room to grow there, plus be is bigger and stronger than Bouillon. Bouillon has heart, but that can only get you so far.

Really, Bouillon had one solid season, got a fat contract, then started playing like crap. He was never much good after his return from injury last year and he still seems to not be the same guy that got that nice contract of his.

Gorges is younger than O'Byrne and played a non-insignificant role in SJ. Also, to my eyes at least, I see potential in his play - and he ain't that bad now.

You have to like the size of a top 4 of Markov-Komi-Hamrlik-O'Byrne: combined weight of 887 lbs with Markov being the low man at 204 lbs.

I definitely I liked what I saw from the callups today.

O'byrne is a right defensemen, he is young and brings roughness and size. We absolutely need size and grit to

compete. However he needs Hammer stability to be able to leave position or body check.

Having Hammer covering Brisebois mistakes or every fear of bad play is a waste of energy because Brisebois

brings nothing to the table. No offense, poor defense, no body checks.

Komo-Markov

O'byrne-Hammer

( *) Happy Fix mix. My opinion is that we should play Streit and Bouillon.

You have to like the size of a top 4 of Markov-Komi-Hamrlik-O'Byrne: combined weight of 887 lbs with Markov being the low man at 204 lbs.

THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is the QUOTE OF THE DAY!!!!! :lool: :ghg:

Pretty nice performance.

I've got to agree with all most of you, i definitely would gamble on Gorges as he's 23 and can improve for sure with a bit of STABILITY under his belt and PLAYING.

Bouillon career isnt done...however in my book he barelys makes out the club top 6 and he wont get any better as a few other mentionned.

O'Byrne looked strong out there...However you can really thank Hamrlik he made awesome plays and you could see he was backing and making the tough plays for a kid. In my book he made O'Byrne really good. IT doesnt take out what O'Byrnes did on the ice but certainly helped him shine for his 1st NHL Game. That's Hamrlik role on the 2nd pair with the youngster.

I'd like you to comment on this but i was kind amazed how O'Byrne looked fast for such big defenseman. Not lightning fast but surprinsingly faster than i anticipated him to be.

As for Lapierre, i think he gave what he could out there. I did miss him out of the line up. At least he's solid and an event happends each time he's on the ice...because of the forecheck, his pesty attitude, a body check or two and for now he does have a better offensive potentiel then many of our 3rd and 4th line guys. So he's a keeper in my mind.

Partisan

O'Byrne has definitely earned at least 1 or 2 more games with Hamrlik in my books. I imagine the third pairing will be a revolving door for a while.

With the apparent injuries to Smoke and Begin, Lapierre should find himself in the lineup pretty consistently.

O'byrne is a right defensemen, he is young and brings roughness and size. We absolutely need size and grit to

compete. However he needs Hammer stability to be able to leave position or body check.

Having Hammer covering Brisebois mistakes or every fear of bad play is a waste of energy because Brisebois

brings nothing to the table. No offense, poor defense, no body checks.

Komo-Markov

O'byrne-Hammer

( *) Happy Fix mix. My opinion is that we should play Streit and Bouillon.

Brings nothing to the table? Brisebois has an excellent first pass and, despite what you say, does have offensive ability. And I think that is important. You can't hit and check the puck onto your wingers stick.

Bouillon brings a bit of physicality, something more than replaced by O'Byrne. I'd rather the spot beside a defensive stalwart go to a guy like Brisebois or Gorges than a Bouillon.

Also, I think that Gorges should be subbing in for Brisebois for more games. Right now it's more than 2 games to 1 for Brisebois. That should even out more.

Brings nothing to the table? Brisebois has an excellent first pass and, despite what you say, does have offensive ability. And I think that is important. You can't hit and check the puck onto your wingers stick.

Bouillon brings a bit of physicality, something more than replaced by O'Byrne. I'd rather the spot beside a defensive stalwart go to a guy like Brisebois or Gorges than a Bouillon.

Also, I think that Gorges should be subbing in for Brisebois for more games. Right now it's more than 2 games to 1 for Brisebois. That should even out more.

Brisebois is a good player to have around in the #7 role to play in games where the Habs it wont be to physical and they will get more then a few PP chances.

I think for O'byrne to improve and gain his confidence, he needs to keep playing with Hamr. So...

Komi Marky

Hamr O'byrne

Rotation of Breezer Streit and Gorges - I'm not sure about the sides and who plays which one, but I'd like Gorges to get more time, and if Streit is playing D, I want him on the third pairing. Breezer brings the good first pass and a lot of offense as others have mentioned, but I think it's more important for O'byrne, who will be learning something and constantly improving, to get that time with Hamr. I don't want to bench Breezer completley though, he's still useful if played not too many minutes.

Bouillon should be waived. O'byrne will make up for any physicality he brought, and otherwise, he's a 7th D at best anyway. I just see that the other 6/7th guys we have have more potential to improve and Bouillon's topped out for sure, so that's why he's my guy to drop.

I think for O'byrne to improve and gain his confidence, he needs to keep playing with Hamr. So...

Komi Marky

Hamr O'byrne

Rotation of Breezer Streit and Gorges - I'm not sure about the sides and who plays which one, but I'd like Gorges to get more time, and if Streit is playing D, I want him on the third pairing. Breezer brings the good first pass and a lot of offense as others have mentioned, but I think it's more important for O'byrne, who will be learning something and constantly improving, to get that time with Hamr. I don't want to bench Breezer completley though, he's still useful if played not too many minutes.

Bouillon should be waived. O'byrne will make up for any physicality he brought, and otherwise, he's a 7th D at best anyway. I just see that the other 6/7th guys we have have more potential to improve and Bouillon's topped out for sure, so that's why he's my guy to drop.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.