Game Thread | Habs vs. Boston | 12/06/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so can Gorges. Everyone goes on about how tough Boo is, well Gorges has stuck up for himself and his teammates too, and no one gives him any credit.

Your right.

When that Bruins player took out Price's foot Gorges attacked him right away. I have a lot of respect for Josh.

I am extremely excited about tonight's game after Guy called out Markov and Price after last game. Montreal 3-0 vs Boston this year and after seeing Muller go beserk at Julien and all the shannanigans in the previous meeting...it is going to be a wicked game!!!! And the Boys basically getting booed all night at the Bell Centre. Also Ryder got his dosage as well... I hope it wakes him up and I think it will so I am predicting a 2 goal night for Rydsey!! EH BOY!! GET 'ER DONE!!!!!

:ghg: :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: :ghg: :ghg:

:popcorn:

Ryder scratched? Maybe we'll hear his name more during the game this way. :P

:glare:

I think he's scratched.

Edited by newf

Looks like Ryder, Briesbois and Gorges are the ones sitting tonight.... Hopefully a game off will knock some sense into Ryder and help him find his game again.

so I assume the lines for tonight will look like this:

Forwards

Higgins - Koivu - Smolinski

Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev

Begin - Kostopoulos - Lapierre

Latendresse - Chipchura - Dandenault

Defence

Markov - Komisarek

Hamrlik - O'Byrne

Bouillion - Streit

Im still not sure that Kostopolous will be at Centre, more likely to be Lapierre or Begin, I'm also not thrilled that Gorges gets the seat as opposed to the Cube.

The third and fourth lines should be swapped, Lapierre should be the centre of the fourth line and Gorges should be in Bouillon's spot. With Ryder playing like crap, that's the best lineup we could possibly ask for.

Gorges is now a -3, he was -1 when you all started to cry for him to get more ice time. He did, -2 for the effort. Breezer has dropped farther over same period. That is what I figure. Cube hasn't been on the ice for as many negitive result shifts. He is boning it , just not as much. I see the effort in Jorges and think he will develope further. Just slide him in games here and there, let him make mistakes then work on them. I think that is what is going on in his case. Could be wrong, but I see lots of little mistakes in his play.

I'd swap Dandy and Lapierre myself, and start Halak.

The problem with Ryder being benched is that Carbo waits until it is PAST long overdue to do this. Everyone has been calling for it for so long and Ryder even expects it, I'm sure. So now it really loses its effect and meaning.

It's kinda like when I apologize to my wife after she tells me I should...in a weird way.

I don't think O'Byrne has that kind of firepower.

Who does? Chara trains with some Olympic champion back in his homeland during the off-season; on top of that he has a freakish reach.

Just throw him off his game, that's all it takes.

The problem with Ryder being benched is that Carbo waits until it is PAST long overdue to do this. Everyone has been calling for it for so long and Ryder even expects it, I'm sure. So now it really loses its effect and meaning.

It's kinda like when I apologize to my wife after she tells me I should...in a weird way.

I think Carbo has shown Ryder some loyalty, and frankly, he deserves it. Koivu has not been playing anywhere near his potential either, so should we scratch him too???

At think point, Carbo can say to ryder, i did everything I could for you. I gave you PP time. I gave you lots of time on the first line before the demotion. Sit tonight and decide what you are going to do to help yourself and we will see you back in the line up in the next game....

I think Ryder will respond. If he just benched him early, a player like Ryder (who has never been scratched before) might take it as.. carbo is a prick, I know I am struggling and he didn't give me a chance... really, it all depends on the player and I will not crap on Carbo since he actually knows the player and the situation much better then us.

I was happy with his skill in preseason but I'm pleasantly surprised and impressed with Rhino Burn :clap:

He's Johnny On The Spot in the D zone and has been making good hits. On one he nailed a guy in the boards. It's early but if this is the indication of things to come, a D is out of a job :D

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Personally, I'd bench Ryder for 2-3 games. 1 game on the bench doesn't send much of a message in my opinion. The Habs are at a point where they have to get him angry, get him upset about his ability to secure a contract for next year.