Game Thread | Habs vs. Boston | 12/06/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's Carbo's fault then...................you can't play 2 peroids on your heels trying to hold 3...........2................I mean 1 goal lead

I guess that depends on whether or not Carbo is tellling them too... I am not sure what these players are doing...

Personally, I think Boston really sucked in the first and the habs had it pretty easy. Boston comes storming out in the 2nd and the habs are all shocked and can't keep up, start taking penalties, etc. They do not seem capable to taking their game up a level when the other team starts skating.

Sometimes when we dominate, it is becuase the other team was sucking...

This team's problem is simple...

They have no idea how to play shut down hockey. they seem to think it is about not playing offensive and just hanging back...

Watch Detroit.. then they are holding a lead there is no room to move.. you don't even get into their zone...

The habs play in there zone like they are on a PK when they try to hold a lead...

True! Total panic. Like the coach. You know what, Smolinski is a bag of s___t

Well we lost that peroid, but we're still up heading into the 3rd. If these guys don't pick it up from the puck drop we'll be in trouble.........

And another penalty to kill off as well..........

Nope but he is a rookie and can get better the other three have peaked and could even be on the way down.

Well, thats true if we are ready to just go with rookies and let them learn, even it if costs us points, since I don't think he is better then them, yet. ..

Of course, another couple weeks of crap hockey and I am all for a purge of vets and ride the rookies to a decent draft pick. :)

Leafs have scored 4 goals on 10 shots.. suddenly, those guys are getting goals easily....

If the habs don't wake up, they will be looking up at the leafs soon.

but that wont last, its like us relying on the goaltender to bail us out most games. It will work for a while but soon enough your luck runs out. Did you see the goals the leafs scored the other night against nashville? There was no skill involved on any of them. Lundqvist musta shit the bed tonight.

This game is following the Toronto game perfecctly in terms of the scoring. Toronto had a three nothing lead so did montreal. Then both teams that they were playing came close to tying it.

There had better be a "motivating" pep talk in the locker room. Our boys have to play like they're trying to win... not like they're trying not to lose. We play scared and we're gonna lose, simple as that.

This game is following the Toronto game perfecctly in terms of the scoring. Toronto had a three nothing lead so did montreal. Then both teams that they were playing came close to tying it.

actually the leafs had a 2-0 lead then the rags tied it up before the first ended

It was nice to see the 3-0 first period lead. Then, boom, 3-2. Habs get 3 shots in the 2nd. Ugly. The team is really lacking confidence right now. Holy cow, how terrible is Smokes looking out there. Weak effort along the boards on the first Boston goal. Just does not seem to bring much to the table. I really hope he picks it up, but not expecting it. What a downgrade from Bonk last year. Hopefully the Habs can kill of the PP and put together a good 3rd.

Lapps looks like his pesty self out there. O'byrne, some decent play, but lost his check on the 2nd Boston goal. I've constantly been on Bouillon, but nice fight there tonite. Still really scares me in the defensive zone.

C'mon Price, shut the door in the 3rd.

You know, i think the problem is that you can't teach hustle and effort.

Carbo was not a skilled guy, but he worked his butt off. He can coach them to the correct position to play defensively, but he can't make a lazy bastard learn how to play harder. We have a lot of passive players on this team who watch the play rather then keep their feet moving to take away space.

I am guessing it drives Carbo nuts watching these guys.. .

Its the same with shot blocking, you either have the will to do it or you don't.. so, Begin has it and Carbo does he right thing..he plays him high on the PK and tells him to do it.. but he can't make the rest of them do it...

You know, i think the problem is that you can't teach hustle and effort.

Carbo was not a skilled guy, but he worked his butt off. He can coach them to the correct position to play defensively, but he can't make a lazy bastard learn how to play harder. We have a lot of passive players on this team who watch the play rather then keep their feet moving to take away space.

I am guessing it drives Carbo nuts watching these guys.. .

Its the same with shot blocking, you either have the will to do it or you don't.. so, Begin has it and Carbo does he right thing..he plays him high on the PK and tells him to do it.. but he can't make the rest of them do it...

Carbo has to get that out of his mind though and stop putting grinders in offensive roles because they "appear to be working harder".

Offensive players like Kostitsyn and Plekanec are desprate for more ice time.