Game Thread | Habs vs. Boston | 12/06/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A good defense means offense( or the saying goes something like that :lol: ) ..............If we're in their end they can't score. Yes we still need to be responsible in our own end, but we can't be thinking D first all the time...

Carbo has to get that out of his mind though and stop putting grinders in offensive roles because they "appear to be working harder".

Offensive players like Kostitsyn and Plekanec are desprate for more ice time.

I agree, but I don't think Carbo is asking them to be grinders. I think he is asking the team to keep moving and this team only does that when it is easy (when the other team is not skating hard). Even the offensive players have to hustle back just as hard as they skate on a break away... Once these guys get a lead they stop skating hard and watch.. thats not coaching, thats personality. most of these bums did that under the last coach too

that said, I don't think we have the kind of offensive players who can sustain high ice time over the season. I think the "plan" was to roll four lines to ensure Koivu and company didn' t run out of steam. I know Gainey and Carbo stated that in an interview. Unfortunately, its not working.

I think this period is huge. It will show us where this team is right now. This has nothing to do with coaching right now. Anyone that plays hockey knows that, as a player, you would NOT want to blow this game and another 3-0 lead right now. Everyone should come out skating and firing, and I would expect battles to be won. The game is ours to take. Let's see if they want it.

I think this period will be a good indication of the character in the room.

A good defense means offense( or the saying goes something like that :lol: ) ..............If we're in their end they can't score. Yes we still need to be responsible in our own end, but we can't be thinking D first all the time...

Agreed, but that takes even more hustle...

Just watch carefully.. you will see a habs player stop skating 30 feet from the guy with the puck and start coasting towards him.... in Carbo's day he didn't stop skating until he was on the guy... hustle...

Look I dont want to overrate the talent like all Habs fans. But O'Byrne does have two points in his first game. Go Irish!!

lol...yeah i think he had 12 points all assists last year in the AHL, maybe he'll turn into the next Souray (offence not defence)

Look I dont want to overrate the talent like all Habs fans. But O'Byrne does have two points in his first game. Go Irish!!

2nd assists....

It not like he is Markov out there...

But good for him, I hope he is enjoying it for sure, always nice to have a good first game to remember...

Really nice to see Dandy score that goal, but my God I hope Carbo doesnt think that warrants a spot on the 1st line..

LOL, he has more goals the Ryder...