Going early to a game?

les_glorieux

So I'm taking my gf to her first NHL game next weekend against the Leafs. Is it possible to arrive early and be able to go in the lower bowel and watch warm-up? What time would I need to get there for a 7pm game?

Thanks!

be there at least 45 mins before but I'm not sure if the ushers will let you in though

They stopped me the last time I tried... :(

They stopped me the last time I tried... :(

the montreal canadiens have of knack on not being classy with paying costumers unless you're in the lower seats.

if your upstairs the almost stripsearh you to see if you sneak in beers.

the montreal canadiens have of knack on not being classy with paying costumers unless you're in the lower seats.

if your upstairs the almost stripsearh you to see if you sneak in beers.

the trick is to make sure everything you bring is in powder form...

I keed, I keed.

Just walk down there like you know where your going and you have been there before.

I will be at that game as well.

Yeah I had no problem getting down there for the warmups to take a few pictures. Nobody said a thing, then when the seats started to fill up I decided to leave. But I wasn't told to leave.

the trick is to make sure everything you bring is in powder form...

I keed, I keed.

maybe I could get some of the players attention with that :lol: :lol:

Yeah, it really depends on the usher. Some don't really care as long as two people aren't trying to sit in the same seat, others are real hard asses. At a Notre Dame game I was at, I almost got kicked out just for trying to move to the next section over once I was inside the stadium.

I had a friend who used to get away with some nice seat moving. It only works for a team that has low attendance, but it works pretty well. Get some of the cheapo tickets and one nice ticket. When you go in, just put the good ticket on top and the usher almost never checks to make sure the rest are next to the ticket on top. Like I said, though, it'd never work for a hockey game in Canada or a good US market team.

They should let you watch the pre game warmups from the lower bowl. i was able to go down and take pics, nothing was said to me. dont sit in anyone seats, just in the walkway. they might come around 10 min before the game though and ask for tickets, but theres nothing wrong to be walking around down there, as long as your not taking seats

My brother tried to get close to the area alongside the players' entrance once to take some pictures. He was told by an usher that standing along there was a privilege reserved for platinum seatholders only. I wanted to punch the snotty bastard out.

Heck the lower bowl is STILL empty 5-10 minutes into the game (and each period after that) all those suits whith nothing better to do then smooze.............

Actually, the lower bowl isn't made up of only suits. Have you been in the Bell Centre between periods? I go on a regular basis, and for smokers, we are told to go to the main entrance of the building. If you're at the opposite end of the building, it can easily take you 20 to 25 minutes to get from one end of the building, have your cigarette and then return to your seat. It's a bitch, considering you only have 17 minutes between periods!

Edited by Habsfan

It is true the lower bowl is not full of suits in Montreal.

There are a few suits in the lower bowl but it is NOTHING like Toronto.

...and that is why the atmosphere at the Phone Booth is soo much better than at the Air Canda centre!

My bad, I assumed he was going to TO............ :rolleyes:

And yes I've been to the Bell centre, a few years back when the Kings were in town. It was the 1st game between the 2 after the Savage hit that broke his neck/back....

And there was almost a brawl......I found it funny the linsemen weren't out there (like they are in Jr hockey games...)