Little Kosty called up

KoZed

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't read french so i only know he was called up. Can someone confirm that he is a LW. His brother a natural RW playing the left with Pleks and Kovalev.

If this is the case i would move older kosty to RW with higgins and Koivu.

Move little kosty right in with Pleks and Kovalev.

No sense in wasting his skill with grinders. When you only have 38 evem strength goals in like 30 games you need all the offense you can get.

Didn't kostitsyn knocked out Downie last year or the year before ??

well, well, aren't the canadiens playing the flyers ??

Man, I really hope the kid plays !!

Why is it that so many people bitch when Lats gets put on the top line, but they want little Kosty to be immediately put on a top line?

I think there are an equal number of people on this board who want Lats on the first as want him lower...

I'm REALLY really hoping this means that the top two lines are made up of offensive minded players. I would have played Lats on one of those lines the last few games (with Higgins and Koivu) instead of rotating Smoke, then Streit, then Dandy into that spot. But at this point, anyway, we have:

Kovy, Koivu, Plex, Kosty, Kosty the second, Higgins, Lats, Ryder

who *should* all be able to play in an offensive role, never minding slumps and stuff. Even if Kovy is injured, we have at least 6 players who can actually play that style, so hopefully Kosty the younger gets put on ONE of the offensive lines, and Koivu's offensive line actually has 3 players with decent offensive talent, not two and a grinder.

I think I'll bang my head against a wall if one of Streit or Dandy is playing on one of the first two lines in the place of one of the players I've listed above.

I hope Little Kosty does well, but I'm not holding my breath for an amazing first game. As long as he's not a total disaster, I hope Carbo shows some patience with him. Sometimes I find he has LOADS of patience for playing grinders on a top line, but won't leave a guy like Lats up there for more than a period if there are no immediate scoring results. To me, this is super backwards

I'm surprised that this news excites me. I must be *that* desperate for something to hope for lol.

I agree with pretty much everyone... lil #### needs to be on an offensive line. I would like to see big #### with Koivu and Higgins and Sergei take the spot on the 2nd line.

Anyone think they might be showcasing Sergei for a trade?

I'm surprised that this news excites me. I must be *that* desperate for something to hope for lol.

I agree with pretty much everyone... lil #### needs to be on an offensive line. I would like to see big #### with Koivu and Higgins and Sergei take the spot on the 2nd line.

I hadn't thought of that and I don't really suspect it. They're short on offensive talent as it is and if this kid is good in that department, which he seems to be, I don't think he'll go. At the same time, if they're getting something really good as part of a deal back, like immediate offensive help, then maybe. But I just figure that if he's this close to making the jump to the NHL, wouldn't they see what he's capable of with them before trading him when he's an unknown quantity?

I hadn't thought of that and I don't really suspect it. They're short on offensive talent as it is and if this kid is good in that department, which he seems to be, I don't think he'll go. At the same time, if they're getting something really good as part of a deal back, like immediate offensive help, then maybe. But I just figure that if he's this close to making the jump to the NHL, wouldn't they see what he's capable of with them before trading him when he's an unknown quantity?

Couldn't it be that this is exactly why they called him up? Either to see for themselves what he's made of or to show him off at the NHL level to trading partners.

does this basically takes Ryder out of the mix?

Both these guys are worthless outside the top two lines, and there isn't enough room.

I'm thinking a trade is iminent

lil #### needs to be on an offensive line. I would like to see big #### with Koivu and Higgins and Sergei take the spot on the 2nd line.

I hope that happens too...I don't want to see Kovalev stuck with Koivu as his centre. Kovy and Plex have great chemistry...it's the one thing that works on this team with any regularity...messing with that would be foolish.

Maybe, I wouldn't mind seeing a trade of prospects at this point - the Canadiens desperately need an upgrade offensively.

Here's a bold prediction that has likely already been said in this thread (I haven't read any posts yet.)

S. Kostitsyn will be sent down in just over a week with the habs brass disappointed in his performance for not scoring any points with his 6 minute average per game from the third and fourth lines.

:rolleyes:

Well, it would make sense to play him

Take Dandenault off the line with Higgins and Koivu and slot S. Kostitsyn there...Personally, I would try that. Putting the two brothers together seems like too much pressure and they might start making stupid mistakes.

Maybe Streit will switch back to D (Gorges scratched again, I presume).

How about (without consideration of R / L shots):

1) Kovalev-Plex-Higgins [20 minutes +!]

Higgins plays like a thug power forward, crashing the net like a f**king Apache assault helicopter, non-stop, while Kovy and Plex wheel and deal.

2) A Kost-Koivu-S Kost

If Koivu's energy seems down, limited ice time should keep him fresh; and playing with two young bucks might rub off on him.

3) Lats-Chips-Lapierre

Let Chips be a little more open in his play and Lapierre do more of the covering, while Lats is the battering ram up front, in the crease and their face all night, pounding, pounding, pounding.

4) Tom K-Ryder-Dandy

I know no natural centre on the 4th. But give the bottom line 6 to 8 minutes max, minimum 2 hard bodychecks a shift, also tell Ryder to stop worrying about scoring, might ease the pressure and let the game flow more naturally through him, instead of chasing it.

we are a team that rools four lines...so we need a fourth line centre. My prediction is he jumps right in with Koivu, they showed some chemistry in the pre-season:

Higgins-Koivu-Kostitsyn

Kostitsyn-Plex-Kovalev (Why break up this line, A. Kost is just starting to look dominant, it makes no sense to break it up)

Lattendresse-Chipchura-Ryder/Dandenault

Tommy K-Lapierre-Dandenault/Ryder

Hamrlik-O'Byrne

Markov-Komi

Streit-Bouillon/Gorges

this makes sense given our situation and previous lines.

This is related to Brisebois injury.

With the injury they will put Streit back at defense, anyway it wasn't working at all at offense for him this year.

Little Kost is the first scorer of his team as a rookie even more, we do not have much more to lose with trying him...We have no other offensive weapon in the making. Kane is doing

a great job in Chicago, why not lil ####.