Little Kosty called up

KoZed

I don't really like it at this point. His AHL coach has called him out for lack of consistency and effort, and here he is rewarded for that.

Same coach that did not want Price to start over Danis and wanted Halak back.

Lever is just greedy and wants to win with Sergie in Montreal his team really sucks.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, AnDre is the D-cup.

BTW, whoever made it so that we cant write t1t anymore for his nickname is a certifiable prude. It's a joke ... lets get things in to perspective here.

Ya it's pretty silly. I went to school with a kid named Grant Fag. I wonder if he would be allowed to spell his own name on these boards. Censoring T1Tz on these boards is pretty cheesy. Maybe we should start calling them big boobz and little boobz.

Regards

Dick Guzynya

Well its official:

Prolly gunna be

S. Kost/Higgins-Koivu-Higgins/S. Kost

A. Kost-Plex-Kovy

Lattendresse-Chipchura-Dandy

Tommy K-Lapierre-Streit (or is there someone I am missing?) :unsure:

Hammer-O'Byrne(I feel that this line has taken over the #1 pairing, they were out against the top lines against TB, and most ppl over analyzed why Komi was on that line....it was because Carbs wanted Hammer and Komi against Vinny and Marty)

Markov-Komi

Bouillon-Gorges

:hlogo: These are decent lines IMO, First line has Higgy as the goal scorer and S. Kost and Koivu can just feed him in front of the net aaaaalllllll day long. Second line is...well...you have seen games prior. Lats and chips seem to have some good chem going and Dandy looked ok last game a good complement. And the fourth is all defensive.

The defence core looks good, I dont find Boullion all that bad...and Gorges has really stepped it up IMHO this year.

I don't really like it at this point. His AHL coach has called him out for lack of consistency and effort, and here he is rewarded for that.

Forget about Lever for a moment. This is good timing. Not to put too much pressure on the kid but I would make sure that Kane's play is pointed out to him. He's a rookie, small, lite weight, young......but it's not really bothering or effecting his play. Regardless of draft position or talent level I would make Boobz feel like a monster way before his first shift and use Patrick Kane as an example.

with ryder not playing tonight, its time for bob to trade him..i dont think he fits in to bobs long term plans..so for a guy who work his ass of to make it to the nhl and as give montreal the best hockey of his life..i thing bob should trade him, to a team that can use him..as a gm you got to show the team that he well always look out for the team and the players..so bob show the nhl that there are still gms with class out there.

with ryder not playing tonight, its time for bob to trade him..i dont think he fits in to bobs long term plans..so for a guy who work his ass of to make it to the nhl and as give montreal the best hockey of his life..i thing bob should trade him, to a team that can use him..as a gm you got to show the team that he well always look out for the team and the players..so bob show the nhl that there are still gms with class out there.

The problem is, what is Ryder going to return? You do not give away a 30 goal scorer for nothing.

It is his UFA year. This is on him, not Bob. If your return is minimal you might as well hope that

he grows some Nads and scores you 15 in the second half of the season.

If your return is minimal you might as well hope that

As much as part of me wants to see Ryder gone, this is true. You'd be lucky to get a bag of pucks for him right now, as the old saying goes. Might as well just hold onto him and hope he wakes up after an extended stint in the press box to gain some perspective. If he can get going in the next few weeks, then maybe you can get a decent draft pick for him at the deadline.

The problem is, what is Ryder going to return? You do not give away a 30 goal scorer for nothing.

It is his UFA year. This is on him, not Bob. If your return is minimal you might as well hope that

ryder not going to return much, and when his gone in the off season as a ufa, his not going to bring back anything..my point is his not part of bobs plan and instead of keeping a guy in the press boxs all year, send him to the west to a team he can play on. we can get a pick and a young guy for him, so why not..its hard to bring in ufa now so we dont want it going around that you can be the scoring leader fo 3 year and then after 30 game of being in a slump(like most of the team) then we turn our back on you. we got to get ufa to sign with us and treating the guys that are here already like shit wont help..that why carbo got to keep his mouth shut in the media and stop cutting guy up in front of the world..player from all over the nhl are watching and i dont think when they see carbo running his mouth on tsn, there like thats the guy i what to work for. so we got to show class and make player what to come here, and to do that we most treat the players we got fair and like men.

ryder not going to return much, and when his gone in the off season as a ufa, his not going to bring back anything..my point is his not part of bobs plan and instead of keeping a guy in the press boxs all year, send him to the west to a team he can play on. we can get a pick and a young guy for him, so why not..its hard to bring in ufa now so we dont want it going around that you can be the scoring leader fo 3 year and then after 30 game of being in a slump(like most of the team) then we turn our back on you. we got to get ufa to sign with us and treating the guys that are here already like shit wont help..that why carbo got to keep his mouth shut in the media and stop cutting guy up in front of the world..player from all over the nhl are watching and i dont think when they see carbo running his mouth on tsn, there like thats the guy i what to work for. so we got to show class and make player what to come here, and to do that we most treat the players we got fair and like men.

I highly doubt a 3 goal scorer set to be a UFA will garner a pick and a prospect. Unless it is a 5th rounder and a prospect like Corey Locke. If that is what your return is, then 10 goals down the stretch would be worth more than that.

If Ryder wants out of the pressbox all he has to do is score some goals.

Where is the responsibility of him earning his 3M a year paycheck?

Sigh. Just once I'd like to see a Habs rookie step up and do what those two kids in Chicago are doing. Won't happen, of course. I'm with those who expect Sergei to have a few exciting shifts, then get modest ice time, dribble in and out of the lineup, and get sent back.

But kudos, at least, to the Habs, for trying everything before they resort to more radical measures to fix this team. I still doubt that tinkering will help, though.

Ryder: well, he might work as a throw-in in a deal for another struggling player. That's why the Koivu-Ryder for Marleau rumour made some sense to me (if not to Bob Mackenzie and his brother Doug). In general though, that's what's so frustrating. Not only is he a UFA but he's managing to f*ck up so badly that we won't even be able to deal him for acceptable return. That's just typical of the kind of crap that the 'core' of this team has delivered over the last few seasons, really. Losers right to the bitter end.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Although Dandy looked good how much does it suck for Higgins and Koivu to have to deal wth his lack of talent. He is not a top 2 line forward in fact he is not a top 3 line forward.

What's worse to play with? A guy like Dandy who will always be the first back in his zone and can win battles along the boards and isn't afraid to drive the net? Or a guy like Ryder who... uuhhh... hmmm... let me think... hmmm... uuuhhh... or a guy like Ryder?

:P

I'm exagerating, but right now ANYONE up with Higgins and Koivu would be better than Ryder. Dandy might not be the perfect choice, but a guy that keeps things simple and plays a north-south game surely can't hurt.

That being said, throwing Lil K right up there sends a huge message to the rest of the guys in the entire organization: there's spots up for grabs on the team's top line if you want it, take it.

Sigh. Just once I'd like to see a Habs rookie step up and do what those two kids in Chicago are doing. Won't happen, of course. I'm with those who expect Sergei to have a few exciting shifts, then get modest ice time, dribble in and out of the lineup, and get sent back.

But kudos, at least, to the Habs, for trying everything before they resort to more radical measures to fix this team. I still doubt that tinkering will help, though.

Ryder: well, he might work as a throw-in in a deal for another struggling player. That's why the Koivu-Ryder for Marleau rumour made some sense to me (if not to Bob Mackenzie and his brother Doug). In general though, that's what's so frustrating. Not only is he a UFA but he's managing to f*ck up so badly that we won't even be able to deal him for acceptable return. That's just typical of the kind of crap that the 'core' of this team has delivered over the last few seasons, really. Losers right to the bitter end.

I expect him to get dicked around as well. Line to line until he has no idea what his role is. But we can always hope.

As far as Ryder. I bet he still has a strong finish in him. If he does not he will cost him self a BIG payday!

I highly doubt a 3 goal scorer set to be a UFA will garner a pick and a prospect. Unless it is a 5th rounder and a prospect like Corey Locke. If that is what your return is, then 10 goals down the stretch would be worth more than that.

If Ryder wants out of the pressbox all he has to do is score some goals.

Where is the responsibility of him earning his 3M a year paycheck?

Boston Bruins traded Nate DiCasmirro and a 5th round draft selection in 2009 to the Phoenix Coyotes for Alex Auld. so i think ryder would bring in alot more then auld....unless 30 goal scores are easyer to find then goaltender that were wash up? ryder can be out of the press boxs all he wants but he dont fit with the team.he need to play with a player maker to be good and thats hard to find on this team right now. well lets talk about paychecks, if we had to judge all the players by want they make on this team, most are really coming up short, at least we got 30 goals from ryder the last 2 years at a good bang for our $..over all ryder as been a great deal for want he was geting paid over the last few years. anyway my point was not if ryder is a good player or a bad player, its bob showing that he respect players and moving them somwhere else if need be, the same as burke just done..i what ufa to sign with us and showing we have a heart might up. ryder well be some where else next season and i dont want him saying it blows playing for the habs..

Boston Bruins traded Nate DiCasmirro and a 5th round draft selection in 2009 to the Phoenix Coyotes for Alex Auld. so i think ryder would bring in alot more then auld....unless 30 goal scores are easyer to find then goaltender that were wash up? ryder can be out of the press boxs all he wants but he dont fit with the team.he need to play with a player maker to be good and thats hard to find on this team right now. well lets talk about paychecks, if we had to judge all the players by want they make on this team, most are really coming up short, at least we got 30 goals from ryder the last 2 years at a good bang for our $..over all ryder as been a great deal for want he was geting paid over the last few years. anyway my point was not if ryder is a good player or a bad player, its bob showing that he respect players and moving them somwhere else if need be, the same as burke just done..i what ufa to sign with us and showing we have a heart might up. ryder well be some where else next season and i dont want him saying it blows playing for the habs..

Ryder has nothing to complain about. He played himself OFF a line with the team's only elite-level playmaker (Koivu) and, being a prototypical goal scorer, has nothing to contribute when he isn't scoring. Facts of life.

I don't think Brisebois was placed on the IR so don't we have an extra body? As far as I know, Halak is still with the team, I guess this means they're sending him down.

I'm excited to see Kostitsyn play - on a slumping team, it's always nice to have a new player in town, especially when it's an offensive one. According to the Gazette, Gorges is going to take Brisebois' spot on defence so what does that leave us with?

Higgins-Koivu-Kostitsyn

Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev

Latendresse-Chipchura-Ryder

Streit-Lapierre-Dandenault

Markov-Komisarek

Hamrlik-O'Byrne

Bouillon-Gorges

Price

Huet/Halak

It's amazing how many of the farmers we have on our team right now. The team is looking good though, we mainly just need Markov to snap out of his slump and we'll be in a roll again.

Ryder has nothing to complain about. He played himself OFF a line with the team's only elite-level playmaker (Koivu) and, being a prototypical goal scorer, has nothing to contribute when he isn't scoring. Facts of life.

Ryder not complaining, its me lol..i LOVE koivu but his not playing anything like a elite-level playmaker this year and that is why ryder and koivu are in big time slumps, koivu being in the biger slump, since he as play more and like you said his a elite-level playmaker. any way like i said i DONT CARE IF PEOPLE THINKS RYDER IS A GOOD OR BAD PLAYER, ITS THE TEAM SHOWING RESPECT TO A PLAYER ON THE TEAM THAT WE DONT NEED OR WANT ANYMORE. we want ufa to come here. i know my english is not that good, but i realy think people are missing my point. lol

And Bryzgalov who is better than Auld returned nothing. Does that make my point?

Boston gave up something for Auld because they were desperate. Fernandez and Thomas were hurt and they did not want to hand the job to Rask.

GMs are going to lowball Gainey for a guy who is producing nothing right now.

This is nobody's fault but Michael Ryder's.

I highly doubt that Briere did not sign here because of the way Carbo treated Samsonov. My first guess would be $$.

Followed by lacking the nuts to deal with the pressure.

And Bryzgalov who is better than Auld returned nothing. Does that make my point?

Boston gave up something for Auld because they were desperate. Fernandez and Thomas were hurt and they did not want to hand the job to Rask.

I highly doubt that Briere did not sign here because of the way Carbo treated Samsonov. My first guess would be $$.

That, and his buddy Biron put a strong pitch in for Philly.

there was more to that then money, sinces its been said that montreal was welling to pay for him, but he pulled out of the deal at the last min, and left bob with his pants down. no one well really know..but iam going by want was in the media lol, cant believe i just said that. if you dont thing ufa seeing the way coaches treat other playes as anything to do with if they come here..that crazy...and if you read i never said it wasnt ryder fault, iam saying trade him. give the guy a new start.

there was more to that then money, sinces its been said that montreal was welling to pay for him, but he pulled out of the deal at the last min, and left bob with his pants down. no one well really know..but iam going by want was in the media lol, cant believe i just said that. if you dont thing ufa seeing the way coaches treat other playes as anything to do with if they come here..that crazy...and if you read i never said it wasnt ryder fault, iam saying trade him. give the guy a new start.

The misconception is Montreal offered him more money. Technically they did.

But because of Quebec's high taxes and the tax breaks he would receive in Pennsylvania

his Net pay was higher with the Flyers deal.

A winning team and a big $$ offer will reel in Free Agents. Unfortunately we only offer one of those right now.

Edited by Wamsley01

The misconception is Montreal offered him more money. Technically they did.

But because of Quebec's high taxes and the tax breaks he would receive in Pennsylvania

his Net pay was higher with the Flyers deal.

A winning team and a big $$ offer will reel in Free Agents. Unfortunately we only offer one of those right now.

players just dont sign for money all the time, maybe lol.. you can get good play to come players for a team if you make them believe the team is going in the right way. a gm got to sale the team and coach to a player and if you cant do that well, its sucks.

Edited by KEEP26

players just dont sign for money all the time, maybe lol.. you can get good play to come players for a team if you make them believe the team is going in the right way. a gm got to sale the team and coach to a player and if you cant do that well, its sucks.

Wamsley pointed to TWO variables: money and winning. I think he's got it covered.

Wamsley pointed to TWO variables: money and winning. I think he's got it covered.

you guys are so right he went to the Philadelphia Flyers, because of that great playoff run they had last year, i dont know want i do with out you guys, lol

you guys are so right he went to the Philadelphia Flyers, because of that great playoff run they had last year, i dont know want i do with out you guys, lol

Yeah, he took the money. It had nothing to do with the way they treated Samsonov.

But if you win and show them the money. The will come. Even if they don't like the way we treat Ryder.