Little Kosty called up

KoZed

Someone in the Gamethread said they hoped Kostitsyn doesnt go flying around because he plays like he's 4'11" :puke: ...HAHAHAHAHA!!! :unsure:

I will get to watch him on CBC tonite...I hope I remember the game tho :blink: exams finish tonite

DRUNKEN TIMES!!!! I LIKE!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone in the Gamethread said they hoped Kostitsyn doesnt go flying around because he plays like he's 4'11" :puke: ...HAHAHAHAHA!!! :unsure:

I will get to watch him on CBC tonite...I hope I remember the game tho :blink: exams finish tonite

DRUNKEN TIMES!!!! I LIKE!

haha same here bluesgm. Except I will be surrounded by leafs fans, who are gunna be chirping the entire game. Montreal needs to win PLEASE GOD lol

This kid impressed me tonight. He didn't look out of place, created chances, was responsible defensively and can only get better. I'm so stoked.

I have to say so far I prefer Sergei over his bro because 1) he seems to be more responsible defensively and 2) he's more physical. I like both of them tough.

He looked real nervous when the zoomed in to him and his brother in the 3rd. Or he just received a major hit or so. He was acting real weird.

But i liked his play, doesnt look nervous at all. Quite good on the board but can improve some there cuz he was taken a couple of times quite easy of the puck. I like his positioning and stick handling.

Nice Ref checking at the end, good for a laugh!

I really like his positioning, he's actually been doing a good job defensively which is very rare for a 20 year old call up, coming out of Juniors - especially from a player who's offence-oriented.

on habsinsideout, after lil kosty's first game, they have audio of his interviews in the dressing room the next day, and they ask him if he liked playing with Koivu and higgins, and he says yes. And then they ask him if he likes playing with his brother more, and he says yes again :B)

lol...

Lil. Kosts. is ready to stay in the big leagues. I've watched him play for the first half of the season in Hamilton. He plays a great, game defensively and on offense he is counted on each night. Almost always on the score sheet. And seems to have a head for the game in both positioning(where the puck will be and needs to be..) and tactics. I do feel that his greatest strength is his defensive thinking. But will from time to time hover near to offensive blue like and wait for the pass (nice to see from a sniper), Has a great wrist shot!.

He is always playing the powerplay on point., number 1 go to guy when they need to take back the momentum. He will be great! I do agree with lever, he has lots more to learn. But I certainly feel that learning can happen in montreal rather than hamilton.

Edited by Chips

if this streak continues and he stays and earn number one line spot.

What do you expect out of this youngster?

Sometimes in our comparaison we compare our recruits to the best in the nhl all team fusionned...all 29 other recruits vs the CH recruits.

Putting that into perspective before making an objectiv, What realistic objective would you put for Lil Kosty this year ?

Personally, if he improves on what he actually gives, i'll be more than pleased. a 30-35 pts in my mind is Doable if he continues having ice time with Higgins and Koivu.

if this streak continues and he stays and earn number one line spot.

What do you expect out of this youngster?

Sometimes in our comparaison we compare our recruits to the best in the nhl all team fusionned...all 29 other recruits vs the CH recruits.

Putting that into perspective before making an objectiv, What realistic objective would you put for Lil Kosty this year ?

Personally, if he improves on what he actually gives, i'll be more than pleased. a 30-35 pts in my mind is Doable if he continues having ice time with Higgins and Koivu.

For the rest of this season or are you wondering what his career numbers will be.

Tough to say. If he sticks on the top line all year, he'd almost have to be producing at a 60 point pace (pro-rated for an 82 game sked). I don't know if he can do that at age 20, and I assume he won't be a permanent fixture on any one line in particular.

I'm pleased with what I've seen so far, but come on people, it's been two games. He's got lots of potential, but I don't expect him to be great for the rest of the season. He'll probably get sent down in a few weeks.

Sorry to be a buzzkill. I hope he proves me wrong.

He'll probably get sent down in a few weeks.

That would totally suck! unfortunately, i think you might be right! :wall:

Edited by Habsfan