(32)Streit - (40)Lapierre - (6)Kostopoulos

d.jpg

(79)Markov - (8)Komisarek
(3)O'Bryne - (44)Hamrlik
(51)Bouillon - (26)Gorges

G.jpg
(31)Price

Meetings This Year:

Oct. 6th, 2007:montrealwatersmall.gif3 leafs2watersmall1.gif4 (OT)

Nov. 3rd, 2007:leafs2watersmall1.gif3 montrealwatersmall.gif2

Nov. 13th, 2007:montrealwatersmall.gif4 leafs2watersmall1.gif3 (OT)

Nov. 37th, 2007:montrealwatersmall.gif4 leafs2watersmall1.gif3 (SO)

Kovalev27PSLeafs.jpg

Price31Leafs3.jpg

This game can be seen live at 7:00pm eastern on:
rds.gif& CBC.jpg

Cjad.jpg
Listen to the game live at 7:00 pm on CJAD 800 AM

OR

ckac.jpg
Listen to the game live (In French) at 7:00 pm on CKAC 730 AM

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thread, Spidey!

The way the Leafs have been playing lately, we're not gonna be able to get away with playing our typical half-assed Leaf game efforts. We NEED to come out strong in the first. We CANNOT be outshot by TO. We MUST stay out of the box and use our speed to draw penalties. The Leafs clog up the middle pretty well, so dump-ins are going to be required, and we'll have to be fast to regain possession. From what I've seen, the Leafs collapse on their net in their own zone, so point shots are out. We're gonna have to work down low.

Let's stop this skid! GO HABS GO!!!!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

ice_chips-627x100_aquos.jpg

The Latest from on the Canadiens

nhl_canadiens_smllogo_46338.gifAnderi Kostitsyn and Guillaume Latendresse skipped practice. Kostitsyn took a therapy day after banging up his R knee Thursday in Philadelphia. Coach Guy Carbonneau would not disclose Latendresse's injury. Both will try to skate Saturday morning but if one or both cannot play, Carbonneau says Duncan Milroy, Matt D'Agostini and Jonathan Ferland are on standby in Hamilton. Carey Price will make his sixth straight start Saturday against Toronto. He has beaten the Leafs twice in a row and will face them for the first time at the Bell Centre. Crisobal Huet is waiting for medical clearance to return to the lineup, which could come as early as Saturday morning when he sees the team doctor. If cleared, he will back up Price. - TSN

Forwards

Higgins - Koivu - S. Kostitsyn

A. Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev

Latendresse - Chipchura - Dandenault

Streit - Lapierre - Kostopoulos

Defence

Markov - Komisarek

Hamrlik - O'Byrne

Bouillon - Gorges

Goaltender

Price

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

ice_chips-627x100_aquos.jpg

The Latest on the Maple Leafs

nhl_mapleleafs_smllogo_47073.gifVesa Toskala makes his eighth start and is penciled in to start Saturday in Montreal.

Forwards

Ponikarovsky - Sundin - Antropov

Tucker - Wellwood - Blake

Devereaux - Stajan - Steen

Bell - Kilger - Belak

Defence

McCabe - Kaberle

Gill - White

Wozniewski - Kubina

Goaltender

Toskala

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news...9d6&k=23269

Leafs slayer Price starts 6th straight

By DAVE STUBBS

The Canadiens are a fearsome 10-5-1 on the road - fourth-best in the NHL - and a frightening 5-6-4 at home - third-worst.

So tonight, they'll try their luck in a game on neutral ice (7 p.m., CBC, RDS, CJAD Radio-800).

It's always like this when the Toronto Maple Leafs come to Montreal, hundreds of rowdy blue-and-white supporters filling the upper reaches of the Bell Centre and creating nearly as much racket as Canadiens fans.

This won't necessarily hurt the alleged home team, inexplicably winless in six straight, two by shootout, on Montreal ice.

The Canadiens accurately point out that, technically, this is not a losing streak, with a point earned when teams are tied after 60 minutes. But in spirit, a defeat tonight would equal the Habs' record for futility, with the 2000-01 edition having lost seven in a row at the Bell Centre. No. 5 in that skid was a gruesome 6-1 loss to the Maple Leafs.

Not that any of this bad karma was felt in the dressing room yesterday after Thursday's feel-good 4-1 victory over the Flyers in Philadelphia.

Most hands were on deck for a noon-hour practice in Verdun, save Andrei Kostitsyn and Guillaume Latendresse. Both were taking therapy days after being dinged against the Flyers, Kostitsyn apparently by a bodycheck and Latendresse perhaps after a late-game shot-block.

Defenceman Patrice Brisebois also didn't skate, listed as day-to-day with a right shoulder injury.

Should Kostitsyn or Latendresse not be ready to go after this morning's optional game-day skate, it's possible Michael Ryder, not dressed for two of the last three games, will be reinserted into the lineup.

A body or two could also be flown in from the Hamilton farm, with Duncan Milroy, Matt D'Agostini and Jonathan Ferland on the shortlist.

Carey Price will make his sixth consecutive start in goal and will be backed up by Cristobal Huet, should the latter get the green light from doctors after missing the last five with a groin injury.

Price has beaten the Maple Leafs in the last two meetings between the clubs, allowing only six goals on 86 shots, but typically plays down the feat.

"Some guys play well against certain teams, but that can change in a hurry," he said.

The why-can't-you-win-at-home? horse was dragged out for another whipping yesterday, and neither head coach Guy Carbonneau nor captain Saku Koivu had the answer.

"It's hard to understand," Carbonneau said. "The perfect balance (of home and road) would be fun. Last year, we were better at home and this year, we just can't put a win together.

"Maybe not in all six (winless) games, but sometimes we tried too hard and made mistakes, instead of being patient like we were in Philadelphia. At home, we try to push things too hard.

"Against Tampa (at home last Tuesday) and the Flyers, we played five good periods out of six. For me, that's encouraging for (tonight)." Said Koivu: "If we don't score on the first power play or in the first 15 minutes (on the road), it seems we're willing to stick with our game plan. We're not afraid to see what will happen later.

"But at home, if we don't score right away, we kind of slip away from the little things that make us successful on the road." Koivu, who hasn't scored since Nov. 17, said: "It's a concern, and something you want to get out of as quickly as possible.

"On the positive side, there have been chances. You can't feel sorry for yourself. ... I've been in this situation before and I'm hoping there's a solution. Hopefully (tonight) we can talk about my goal." The Leafs arrived in town in today's wee hours, having blanked the Thrashers 4-0 last night in Atlanta. Tonight's match is Toronto's second in a seven-game stretch on the road.

The Leafs have won six of their last seven games, after a dismal stretch had so-called Leaf Nation calling for the heads of GM John Ferguson Jr. and head coach Paul Maurice, and massive personnel changes.

"Sometimes you need an absurd amount of pressure to get things going," Maurice told Associated Press this week.

"So absurd that you think the entire game of hockey will be called off based on the way the Leafs are playing. It helps put things in perspective." The Canadiens and Leafs have split their four games this season, all decided by a single goal - Toronto has won in regulation and overtime, Montreal in overtime and a shootout.

dstubbs@ thegazette.canwest.com

© The Gazette (Montreal) 2007

This will be a rare game for the Habs /Leafs rivalry tonight.....

A Habs win in regulation, by more then 1 goal.

4-2 or 5-2 Habs. Book it

the koivu line will own them, tonight !!

I hope kovalev goes at tucker once again :lol:

I had a dream last night that Montreal traded Sergei Kostitsyn for Patrick Kane. :o

I woke up a bit confused, but even in my dream I thought it was a crazy idea (as Gainey had pulled a huge rip off).

Hopefully we have Lats and AK tonight.

If not, let's hope for more impressive work from whoever get's the call. D'agostino?

Can't remember when we ever had so much depth to call on in injury reserves.

Okay, maybe the 76/77 Vees, maybe.

GO HABS GO !!

BE THE SHIRT !!

Go Habs GO! Kil the leaves!!! Die die die!!!

I have a feeling that it'll be another tight game. We can probably expect OT or Shoot outs!

I'm a bit mad, but trying to look on the bright side. We finally play a great 60 minutes, and two of the guys who put in some fantastic effort (A Kost and Lats) are probably injured :angry:

Well, let's hope whoever fills in for them brings in the same effort. I was really hoping we could roll with the last win, and the way they play tongith will show the team's character...

My coach always told me in games like this you need to play with hate!

He used to come into the dressing room, stand in the centre and the only thing he would say would be "hate".

We won all our rivalry games, So play with hate boys......Thats your puck, some little lafs are trying to steal from you...BAM!

"...here comes the pain baybee"