Game Thread | Maple Leafs vs. Habs | 12/15/07

Spider-Man NL

Who woulda thunk it? Go Habs!

Here's hoping - praying - begging - whatever-ing - that Koivu's annual slump is buried; that there are no more coming; that S Kots' energy and Higgins' willpower rub off on him; and that he leads us into the playoffs and a successful season!

Santa, you listening?

Koivu slump ended in Philly when he started spinning.

The guy needs to spin before scoring.

Lil Kots, is doing great, not to predictable and sees the ice well, still wonder why Lever said

is not ready. He is more ready than i thought that is for sure

Thank God for that. Maybe others are further along than we think - or maybe Lever just wanted another Cup run. :lol:

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The commentators messed up the ending of the game, he said "we will see if koivu get his hattrick and Price his SO", none happened. Well, best game ive seen this team play since the Theodore returns to montreal game last season.

Any doubts now that Price should be the starter vs the Leafs from now until eternity. :D

Maybe against everyone? He and Huet have the same amount of games played now - Price comes out on top with 3 more wins to his name. (or maybe it's two?)

Props to Price and Koivu, but also our pair of t1ts and the rest of the team, who overall, played a great game.

Lil t1ts falling on the linesman was amusing, also Kovy pointing at the camera to the fans was a nice gesture. Ahh what a feel-good game this was.

GO HABS GO

Best of all, with 5 pts out of a possible 6 in our last 3 games, i think we can safely say the "slump" is over (or at the very least, it's been stopped for the time being)

EDIT: Hey what's with censoring t1ts?

Edited by Cataclaw

This will be a rare game for the Habs /Leafs rivalry tonight.....

A Habs win in regulation, by more then 1 goal.

4-2 or 5-2 Habs. Book it

Ok I gave the Leafs too much credit....

The two points look great though! :clap:

HOW SWEET IT IS !!!

My boy won $5 from a buddy of mine, I covered the bet as the normal Leaf fan spouted off pregame. Said something about me going to bed crying tonight?

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

that was one of the best games they have played in a while. Probably not a coincidence that Koivu was playing much better.. gave the whole team a lift...

couple real positives..

1. They never turtled.. played 60 minutes for a change, even with the lead

2. They outskated the leafs by a wide margin.. helps when you are always first to the puck...

If they can keep that up, they will be successful.

PS. nice to see it was against the leafs on a Saturday night.

SPECIAL CANADIENS NIGHT :hlogo: In my non-biased (non-Habs) hockey opinion and having watched the games I have, I would not trade the Kostitsyn's for the Sedin's. I am really impressed with these Belarusian brothers. :hlogo:

I will always cherish this night. This is the 1st time our rival fans got to see and dealt with the Kostys. Koivu scoring deuces is huge! Mark my words; the back of the net he will find again :) Thank you Kovalev and Spider-Man NL. Thank everybody :)

SPECIAL CANADIENS NIGHT :hlogo:

kos2fg6.png

bermj9.png

Apparently Koivu was playing in front of his family tonight, who is here for the holidays. Nice for Koivu! :clap:

And some people don't believe that outcome is often impacted by motivation.. Next time he slumps Carbo should fly his family in for free. :)

Apparently Koivu was playing in front of his family tonight, who is here for the holidays. Nice for Koivu! :clap:

Keep them in town!!!

Hell, sign them to contracts to stay here permanantly

Koivu should permanently move them over here!

from now on nobody posts in spideys gdt before I do..

^_^

:hlogo:

And I go second.. :D

Words can't express how happy tonight's game has made me... I won't even try... :D

For the record, my dad said shutout - his fault. :P

The CBC announcers mentioned it about 2 mins before the Leafs scored. I was still muttering to myself about it when they scored.

Big win for the Habs as they outplayed the Leafs. This is the firts time this year that a Habs and Leafs game was not decided by one goal.

It sure would have been nice to see Price get the shutout because he deserved it and he just cant seem to get it. He deserved one in Phillie as well. It would have been fitting that it be against the Leafs since he has been so good against them in his young career.

The Habs got two points and thats all that matters.