Game Thread | Maple Leafs vs. Habs | 12/15/07

Spider-Man NL

Oooo yeah that game was awesome. I could get used to it!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, where was Sundin tonight. I barely noticed the guy, and he usually has great games against us

He was usually within a meter of Komi all night.

It was nice to hear the fans chanting "Saku Saku" again... it's been too long.

I was curious, on RDS' recap of the night they had this written:

« Nous avons travaillé fort pendant 60 minutes », a révélé Bouillon qui n’est plus le même depuis qu’il a servi une correction à Jeremy Reich des Bruins de Boston le 6 décembre. « C’est de très bon augure pour le long voyage qui s’en vient. »

Can anyone say how he's changed since his fight with Reich? Anyone notice? Better, worse? I'm presuming they mean better...

hey did anyone catch this?

From the bottom of the page at the game summary

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=225297&hubname=nhl

A few rough-looking Canadiens fans were ejected from the arena in the third period for throwing beer onto the Leafs from directly behind their bench.

LOL

Good friggin game. I was bummed about one thing. Lil Titz was parked high in the slot......fuk'1n wide open and Higgins blew him off like 3 times so he could shoot himself from a crap angle to boot........Sigh

Hey it's his 2nd game, prolly from unfamiliarity with each other. To make a pass on the tape like that in the NHL to a guy in the slot while you're wheeling around the zone dekeing and dodgeing 220lb guys you need to know exactly where that player is without even looking. The chemistry will develop over time.

hey did anyone catch this?

From the bottom of the page at the game summary

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=225297&hubname=nhl

A few rough-looking Canadiens fans were ejected from the arena in the third period for throwing beer onto the Leafs from directly behind their bench.

LOL

Awesome. :clap:

Ol Time Hockey. Where's John Brophy when you need him?

Yes i did not see it happen but thats always good when its the lefs who are getting abused. I still dont know why the fans were ejected. I would have of given them a crown and some free tickets to the next home game so they could do it agian.

Maurice is claiming that Kosty "hog tied McCabe by the throat and threw him into the boards. Cheap dirty play"...

Its not wonder the leafs struggle, their coach is apparently blind as a frigging bat and can't watch a replay...

It's halarious. A smaller player checks a bigger guy, the bigger guy falls weird (as McCabe has a history of falling down) and the little guy is blamed for a dirty move.

It's halarious. A smaller player checks a bigger guy, the bigger guy falls weird (as McCabe has a history of falling down) and the little guy is blamed for a dirty move.

I've watched the replay a dozen times and being totally objective here, it clearly shows Kostitsyn just doing a regular check, nothing dirty of any kind.

That's a lame thing to do on Maurice's part, blaming Kostitsyn for the injury. It was a fluky accident, that's all.

I for one, don't wish any harm to any NHL player, and i wish McCabe a speedy recovery.

Great game, most of the goals were fluky but we deserved them seeing as we were in their end like two thirds of the time. Every line played strongly, and for once... WE HAD TWO OFFENSIVE LINES!!! Two lines that were consistently creating chances, and Koivu was the player that we gave a big contract and the C to.

Hell, even Ryder was good, he was doing lots of things right. He should have had a goal on that chance early in the first, he just managed to hit the goalie instead of the wide open net.

The only player that I noticed was a little weak was Chipchura, but he was still pretty steady. I wonder if they'll be able to fit Latendresse into the line up on Tuesday, who would sit out?

And Gorges is DEFINITELY playing better than Brisebois.

Good to see the Habs winning again. :D Hopefully they can get a decent streak going, up next: Flor, Wash, Atl.

D'oh, McCabe was gunned down by AK-46. :angry:

That sux0rs. Now with McCabe out of their lineup they will get more wins.

It was nice to see the Habs laying the wood to the Leafs. Also shocking to see the Habs jump out to a 3-0 lead and not give up the next goal.

Sunding was the habs kryptonite for 10 years. But we have found the antidote and his name is Carey Price :clap:

I will sleep well tonight

I loved how we played defensively. I almost never was worried.

The first period wasnt the best, but we continued to play better and better as the game went on. That offensive in the second period was impressive, multiple line changes and the leafs hardly could get out, it lasted for some minutes. Real fun!

Again Streit was bad at the blue line keeping the puck in, it almost cost me a table. But he made it all good with his defensive play and that dancing around the leaf defenders in the 3rd(i believe).

First line was good but for sure they need to look more in front of the net, especially Higgins, cuz the Little one is parked there a lot. Free open....but the second goal was a beauty. Nice setup. I love our 1st line.

It wasnt a fancy game, but i loved the discipline!

Great game last night... now do that again like 50 times, then turn up the notch for the playoffs.

was watching the game with some buddies at the bar, most of whom are at best lapsed hockey fans. The guys who didn't know about Price were going wild for the way he plays the puck... I cannot remember the last time we had a goalie who could manage the game from outside the net like Price.

Sergei is looking real, his big brother is bringing his game to a new level.

Welcome back Saku! He seemed to be saying "finally" after he potted his first goal... I'm glad that he got that pressure off of himself.

GO HABS

Edited by simonus

I'm sold on Price. He handles the puck like Brodeur. He's a third D out there. I also suspect that the Kostitsyn's may have some fierce sibling rivalry and may even be competing with each other. Has anyone else noticed that Andrei has turned it up a notch in his overall play since Sergei arrived? This rivalry (if there is one) is nothing but good news for us. :D

"Carey Price posted his third consecutive win over the Leafs, but he was disappointed when Boyd Devereaux scored with 4:06 remaining in the third period, depriving him of his first shutout. Price showed he is picking up some French when he was asked for his reaction to the goal. "Câlisse," he said." - Pat Hickey, http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news...1e-6aa069383a27

That was a great win last night. Sergei Kostitsyn makes a huge difference to our team because he allows us to leave guys like Dandenault and Latendresse on the bottom lines, which gives us a lot of depth.

Our next game is against Florida. This is our chance to get a streak going.