Alexander Perezhogin

Jean

IMHO it is time to forget about Alex Perezhogin. I really am not a fan of a guy who runs away to Russia when he doesnt get the playing time he wants. IMO he never seized his opportunities and he got run out by guys that played harder than him, and even now Sergei is further along in his development and Andrei is showing that unlike him he can score. Couple that with the fact that Perez will always be offered better money to play in Russia and the chances we see him again are very slim. He makes himself sound cute saying that he was homesick(I beleive I heard this somewhere...if not my bad), but the real reason he left is because he didnt get the playing time he deserved, but when he did he rarely capitalized on his chance to prove himself.

There were 1.7 million other reasons why he left ahead of being homesick or not getting playing time. In a perfect world, Perezhogin would rather play in the best league. But the money offered by Russia compensated for the downgrade in competition.

In two years, he might not feel the same. Especially if Russia's hockey economy collapses.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perezhogin left because he was undervalued and not given a fair chance along with the fact he was going to play closet to home and make big money he would not see in NA for at least 2 more seasons anyways.

To sum up, he went after the money and he didn't exactly impress with his performance for the Canadiens.

He wasn't bad, but he wasn't particularly good.

You really believe that he wasn;t particularly good?

At what may I ask?

You really believe that he wasn;t particularly good?

At what may I ask?

He was a capable checker, but I didn't think he was particularly good at that. He wasn't a Johnson or Bonk.

And on the other side, he didn't really get a chance to show anything offensively, and so he didn't.

He was a capable checker, but I didn't think he was particularly good at that. He wasn't a Johnson or Bonk.

And on the other side, he didn't really get a chance to show anything offensively, and so he didn't.

He had the best +/- on the team for the majority of the season and was on for very few goals against.

As for offense when he was on the top line with Koivu and Kovalev he was more than a PPG player.

He did everything that was asked of him and he was not rewarded I dont blame him.

He had the best +/- on the team for the majority of the season and was on for very few goals against.

As for offense when he was on the top line with Koivu and Kovalev he was more than a PPG player.

He did everything that was asked of him and he was not rewarded I dont blame him.

I agree. I would welcome him back for sure.

I think the reason he left was to avoid the bus. He figured he was a fringe player who might end up in Hamilton. If he had worked for it he might have cracked a spot. But, why take this risk? Russia is easier. Considering the money he is getting over there, I'm not sure why he would give that up.

I think the reason he left was to avoid the bus. He figured he was a fringe player who might end up in Hamilton. If he had worked for it he might have cracked a spot. But, why take this risk? Russia is easier. Considering the money he is getting over there, I'm not sure why he would give that up.

He would have had to clear waivers though. If that was the case he would have made the team. He just would not have made the same money.

I think in a couple years the Habs lose rights to him and then anyone can sign him no? Reguardless I doubt he will come back while Carbo coaches, he got royally screwed over and getting away from this team at that time was his best move. I would not be suprised if Perezhogins and Samsonovs treatments is one of the reasons Emelin is not here yet. Alienating such a skilled pool of players seems to be the coaching staffs main talent.

He played well on the 1st line but was quickly removed, bounced around, landed on the checking line and since he isn't a checker took lots of bad hooking penalties.

Incredibly fast player, 1st line potential. I think picking him up would be tough for some teams reguarding his history and how he injured that one player.

Edit: And just to back up my wild and unpopular views......

http://www.russianprospects.com/public/sta...hor=StatsPlayer

12th in the Russian scoring league with a +12, that's pretty decent.

Don't kid yourselves, he can play in the NHL if he chooses.

Edited by OneSharpMarble

That's exactly what made him so good. He was a good checker, had the best +/- on the team and was strong defensively - but he was an offensive-minded player and always will be! His greatest strength is his speed and skill, not his defensive prowess. That's what was so great about him fitting into a shutdown third line.

He's a whiny little biatch

Who's a whinny little biatch? From the way you are writing it sounds like you! Personally, I never heard Perezhogin whine. He mad a sound decision: get paid more, live near my family, and there may be a ton of other well though out decisions that you are not privy to. Lets keep it real here.

That's exactly what made him so good. He was a good checker, had the best +/- on the team and was strong defensively - but he was an offensive-minded player and always will be! His greatest strength is his speed and skill, not his defensive prowess. That's what was so great about him fitting into a shutdown third line.

And he also could have a very competitive streak to him. I liked him, when he was used right!

Zhogs had his chance and blew it.

I never liked him all that much, to be honest. I found his work ethic to be lacking. A pleasure to watch when at his best, but that seemed to be rarely.

Thanks for wearing the sainte flanelle, but he can stay in Russia imho.

Edited by Cataclaw

Zhogs had his chance and blew it.

I never liked him all that much, to be honest. I found his work ethic to be lacking. A pleasure to watch when at his best, but that seemed to be rarely.

Thanks for wearing the sainte flanelle, but he can stay in Russia imho.

He didn't blow anything and as for work ethic his coach on the 2001 U18 World Junior Championships Russian Team said his work ethic was amazing so I think i'll take his opinion over someone who can't look beyond his own bias.

Thanks.

Have to admit i would rather have Perez in a Habs uniform than in Russia. Always liked some of his potential. Never got consistent icetime with good linemates like Koivu. Hopin he comes back in a year or two.

You guys are wearing your pink colored glasses too much. Perez never did anytihng in Montreal to deserve to stay on a top 2 line. Plus he acted like a little biatch when he decided to go back to russia. Good riddance!

Edited by Habsfan

I'm impressed by the fact that this thread is already up to 3 pages!!! it's alexander-i'll-never-play-in-Montreal-again- perezhogin.

geez we need a trade..big time !!!

He didn't blow anything and as for work ethic his coach on the 2001 U18 World Junior Championships Russian Team said his work ethic was amazing so I think i'll take his opinion over someone who can't look beyond his own bias.

Thanks.

Christ, what's with the attitude some peole have on this forum lately?

Hey buddy, my comments are based on my observations. If you've observed something i haven't, such as consistently good play in the CH uniform, or at the very least signs of improvement, please do share.

You guys are wearing your pink colored glasses too much. Perez never did anytihng in Montreal to deserve to stay on a top 2 line. Plus he acted like a little biatch when he decided to go back to russia. Good riddance!

Agreed 100%.

I'm not wearing any glasses at all. I remember him with Koivu and Kovalev, and Kovalev was saying how much he liked him. Lines got split up and a new coach came in that saw things differently. Perez was knocked down to the third checking line and still did well. When a better offer came along from Russia he didn't use it as leverage or a threat like most guys do, he simply took it.

You guys are not in his head. Maybe he didn't like playing in Montreal or american hockey, the politics and hoop-la that goes along with it.

Besides he was not Ovechkin . If he was still on the team this thread would just be bashing him anyway because that's what you guys do. Geez lately there aren't any players to bash so you've turned on each other.

Life goes on without him..... Obviously he doesn't want to wear the CH either. It's really not a desirable sweater to wear for most young hockey players anymore, and I wonder why.

The fans are starting to suck.....

Yeah a point per game player for his first 6 or 7 games in the league dominating offensively when he played in an offensive role with top line minutes.

I honestly beleive his "vicious" attack on that guy in the AHL was his downfall. I think it really affected him! It also lost him some "brownie points" in the eyes of management and cost him a year of development in the AHL. When he finally came up to the Canadiens he had some good games on the top line, cooled down and never played the same again. was routinely put onto the top line and continued to struglle showing worse inconsistency than Alex Kovalev last season.

HAHA I love how people bring up what a Russian Coach said about his work ethic at the U-18's!!! That was then, this is now buddy! GREAT! He had amazing work ethic for a Russian player!!! Thats like saying he is the best worst player in the league! Also I dont think the deffinition of work ethic in Russia is the same as work ethic in Canada, the Russian coach was probably like, "OMFG he backchecks!!!! This guy works sooooo hard!"

I honestly beleive his "vicious" attack on that guy in the AHL was his downfall. I think it really affected him! It also lost him some "brownie points" in the eyes of management and cost him a year of development in the AHL. When he finally came up to the Canadiens he had some good games on the top line, cooled down and never played the same again. was routinely put onto the top line and continued to struglle showing worse inconsistency than Alex Kovalev last season.

HAHA I love how people bring up what a Russian Coach said about his work ethic at the U-18's!!! That was then, this is now buddy! GREAT! He had amazing work ethic for a Russian player!!! Thats like saying he is the best worst player in the league! Also I dont think the deffinition of work ethic in Russia is the same as work ethic in Canada, the Russian coach was probably like, "OMFG he backchecks!!!! This guy works sooooo hard!"

he wasn't "Routinely" put on any top line. He got 2 shifts here, two shifts there every 15 games or so when the team was already down a few goals and Carbo was doing his typical line juggling.

And about good work ethic for a russian, I think you're taking it a little too far. Not all russians are prima donnas, and not all canadians are hardworkers. Let's be fair here.