NBA Conference Finals

Ribeiro

Are any of you watching the NBA Conference Finals? Pretty exciting series between the Lakers and T-Wolves (lotst of fights).

The Pacers and Pistons provide great Defensive games.

The Lakers will probably move on to beat Minnesota, then fall to the Pacers, who have excellent Defense and players that can play Shaq.

However, I'd like to see the Pistons play them since Rasheed will beat the crap out of Malone if he pulls an elbow.

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Bryant should be sitting in jail, not playing basketball. If anyone of us were charged with that, we'd be sitting in a jail cell.

Only in America...

No, only an athlete...

I can't stand the NBA. The officiating is by far the worst among the major sports. It pains me to wtch every time I stop on a game while channeling surfing. The NBA has been lousy for years. The days of good teams are over. Now instead of teams, there are collections of individuals.

Basketball has one big problem. THERES NO CONTACT.

Wheres the fun in that. Football, hockey, rugby all have

contact and are great sports but this sport.... well it

saddens me not to see any contact. I love :monkey:

Originally posted by seanman99

Wheres the fun in that. Football, hockey, rugby all have

contact and are great sports but this sport.... well it

saddens me not to see any contact. I love :monkey:

You haven't watched an NBA game in a while, have you?

There is as much contact in basketball as there is in hockey, minus the bone crushing checks. The contact in basketball is the reason why it is so boring. The refs don't call jack. It is sickening.

It's sad that you watch a sport because people hitting each other entertain you, as opposed to watching sports and appreciating their skill, athleticism and talent.

The refs don't call jack. It is sickening.

They do make calls. The problem with their calls are that they are inconsistent, mostly wrong and it's clear they have no idea what they are doing.

NFL has the best officiating.

Originally posted by Ribeiro

They do make calls. The problem with their calls are that they are inconsistent, mostly wrong and it's clear they have no idea what they are doing.

NFL has the best officiating.

The NBA refs have no clue what the difference between a charge and a block are, and mostly call blocks, which is stupid. Guys get mugged and there are no calls. Then a guy will tap someone and they will call it.

No sport has good officiating at this point in time, and the NHL and NCAA B-ball are in decline.

NFL officiating is basically as good as it gets right now, but that's because they have instant replays, reviews and challenges. I think the NHL should have something like that on things other than goals, like missed penalties.

The NFL cannot challenge penalties, as they are "matters of opinion." While I agree that replay is a great thing, I think its use in the NHL right now is fine. Just crack down on the clutching and grabbing.