Spider-Man NL Appreciation thread

Habsfan84

I have not posted on this board much lately as if you are a low posting member not in the clic you get ignored. (Just check the posting history of the majority of members) I have noticed this time and again which has brought out some nastiness in what can otherwise be defined as an excellent Canadiens board. I was not even going to post this, except that I believe this board does a good service to the Montreal Canadien franchise with such knowledgable members. All of you make a difference as you have an opinion, right or wrong it stimulates conversation.

If Spidy wants to move on to something else so be it. (I don't know spidy, but do give him the benefit of the doubt that he is a good person) I have a respect for spidermanNL work on this board as it is exceptional and has added value to those posting on this board. :clap:

I have also noticed on other posting sites spidermanNL (unless somone is posting as him) is excessive with his critic of how crappy Price is. Well all I have to say is do not critic ones work with a personal vendetta without first living their life. And if you play with fire in posting on the web, you better be ready to take a beating or fight back. :(

This thread is an example of being part of an "Old Boys Network" on habsworld, as any low posting member would not even be given this type of consideration to be welcomed back. I know, I know...get a life insane one and go away.....

I have not posted on this board much lately as if you are a low posting member not in the clic you get ignored. (Just check the posting history of the majority of members) I have noticed this time and again which has brought out some nastiness in what can otherwise be defined as an excellent Canadiens board. I was not even going to post this, except that I believe this board does a good service to the Montreal Canadien franchise with such knowledgable members. All of you make a difference as you have an opinion, right or wrong it stimulates conversation.

If Spidy wants to move on to something else so be it. (I don't know spidy, but do give him the benefit of the doubt that he is a good person) I have a respect for spidermanNL work on this board as it is exceptional and has added value to those posting on this board. :clap:

I have also noticed on other posting sites spidermanNL (unless somone is posting as him) is excessive with his critic of how crappy Price is. Well all I have to say is do not critic ones work with a personal vendetta without first living their life. And if you play with fire in posting on the web, you better be ready to take a beating or fight back. :(

This thread is an example of being part of an "Old Boys Network" on habsworld, as any low posting member would not even be given this type of consideration to be welcomed back. I know, I know...get a life insane one and go away.....

Excellent post.

First, I want to say I appreciate the game threads that Spidey does. I hope he just ignores the name calling for the nonsense it is.

It is pretty clear from this thread that everybody appreciates what he does, and in turn are being penalized because of 1 member.

But, when you are going to hold a differing opinion on the board and bash what alot of fans deem the future of the franchise, you

are more than likely going to take some heat. Big deal.

Some people come on this board to cause shit, some come on to be contrary, some come on to vent.

Take it for what it was. Call me what you want, but the fact remains, if you need to resort to name calling it is because you

have no well thought out argument. Then it just becomes a disrespectful rant that means nothing.

First, I want to say I appreciate the game threads that Spidey does. I hope he just ignores the name calling for the nonsense it is.

It is pretty clear from this thread that everybody appreciates what he does, and in turn are being penalized because of 1 member.

But, when you are going to hold a differing opinion on the board and bash what alot of fans deem the future of the franchise, you

Some people come on this board to cause shit, some come on to be contrary, some come on to vent.

Take it for what it was. Call me what you want, but the fact remains, if you need to resort to name calling it is because you

have no well thought out argument. Then it just becomes a disrespectful rant that means nothing.

Another excellent post.

Agreed, and I dont need to state for the umpteenth time that the threads are great. Thanks and great job.

That being said, you wont get any more respect from me by boycotting the threads because of one poster. You are punishing many other members, who have time after time complimented your threads. I'm not sure if you are actually hurt by this incident, or if you are just looking for validation of what you do, but either way it is pretty lame.

No disrespect man, but if we are being honest here, your absence smells of a 4th grade going home and taking his football with him. You've received nothing but respect and thanks, and one guy disagrees with your (undue) criticism of Price and you throw a hissy fit. My advice would be to just come back and forget the whole thing. Shit happens on this board, as many have pointed out.

I appreciate Spidey's efforts!

People do come to the board and act all fatalistic when things don't go right, and start suggesting absurdities, and getting all irate!

But, Spidey should be a little thicker skinned than saying, "that's it, I'm not doing anymore threads because some numbnut, who I don't even know, is teasing me. It is called "ignore" button for a reason.

Spidey, you said something in haste, no one worth their salt will think any less of you if you came back ... and you should just ignore the wankers in the future, or have fun playing with their heads!

Spidey has been around here for a while and it's sad to see him go. I really hope he comes back :clap: :clap:

Exactly.

Every time I go to pop the Game Thread link into the front page "Game Day" bit I look for Spidey's name on here to find it.

Still no sign of life from Spidey.. i have a hunch i might be making next game's GT :(

If anyone sees Spidey on other forums, send him a private message and tell him to come read this thread, because:

a) i think he'll see that he's well appreciated

b) some people raise some good points

Its Sad he left,he made some nice Threads. Offcourse i know the name calling isnt good. But on a forum you know you can be criticized, and i think its also a bit weak of him to leaf. Folding is for Quitters! I think both persons were even guilty, just forget it and go on..

For now, Cataclaw. I thank you for your work, much appreciated!

First of all I just want to say thanks to all of you for the nice words. it really meant a lot.

2nd: I never planned to stay away for good, I said what said because I was ticked off at Toren. I've been posting on different boards for a long time and sometimes I find its best to take a time out (so to speak) when tempers rise...I got angry so I stepped away until I was able to cool down.

3rd: I'm not bigger thans Habsworld...if I ever decided to leave for good then site would go on without me. there are a lot of good people who can make a kick a$$ game thread...Catclaw is proof of that. btw Cat, awesome job on the game thread. :clap:

4th: I know alot of people don't like what I have to say about Price but to be honest, I'm really disappointed with his play...when he was draft and after the Cup run with Hamilton, I really wanted and expected him to be a Patrick Roy/Marty Brouder type goaltender but just about every time I watch him play it seems like hes giving up 3-4 goals a game and on most night at least two of those are really soft goals.....I know people are going to say he young, hes only 20 years old, you gotta give him time... but I can remember people use to say the same thing about Patrice Brisebois when hes was young...and look at Breezer now...he still makes the same mistakes like he did when he was a rookie.

Do I want to see Price fail? No. In fact I hope he proves me wrong....if he does I will gladly eat my words.

Edited by Spider-Man NL