• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

provisional worst game day thread ever header

Populaso-Youppi_49986.jpg

SP0059.JPG

The teams' season records:

MON Won 19 -Lost 13 -OTL 6 (44pts)

NYR Won 19 -Lost 15 -OTL 4 (42pts)

Habs have a very good road record (13-8-2), Rags have a very good home record (12-6-0). So, both teams can be expected to play well.

Game is at Madison Square Gardens puck drops at around 19h00 on Sunday Dec 30 You can also listen on teh radio or watch on TV

Go Habs Go!!!

142428-44129.jpg

Starting lineups will be Rangers players on one side and the same Habs players that won the last two games on the other side, minus O'Bryne wh0 broke his thumb. If the Rags get ahead, Carbo will change everything and who knows who will be playing with whom so why even bother speculating

p2262541reg.jpgFF_122061_s.jpg

6 weeks !! That is very bad news, this means at leat 20-25 games with the heavy schedule.

Streit back at defense means no wiggle room for Carbo. Or Breezer back from whatever injury he has. This is not good news but D is a place we can afford to have some injuries.

Chipchura back to playing is a good thing, not too long a sitting for a youngster.

So for me it would be status quo until one of the meaniongless veterans are back Smolinski

and Brisebois...unless...Bring Bonneau up here, he knows how to fight and he isn't not such a bad skater.

Hey, what gives? I was about to make the GDT :o

Well i'm going to post the usual game thread in a minute, if you don't want it, mods can delete it, or merge, or i dunno.

(I thought i would be doing them regularly? I'm a bit confused. Please let me know so i don't spend 30 minutes for nothing in the future!) ;)

Edited by Cataclaw

Hey, what gives? I was about to make the GDT :o

Well i'm going to post the usual game thread in a minute, if you don't want it, mods can delete it, or merge, or i dunno.

(I thought i would be doing them regularly? I'm a bit confused. Please let me know so i don't spend 30 minutes for nothing in the future!) ;)

Sorry Cata I threw together this crap game thread after someone had started posting in the old Panthers thread, because there was no NYR thread yet, that's all ~ so please go ahead (if you really think you can do a cooler game thread that is . . . :P )

And now, below, courtesy Cataclaw the Mahn, is the REAL Game Day Thread !

Sorry Cata I threw together this crap game thread after someone had started posting in the old Panthers thread, because there was no NYR thread yet, that's all ~ so please go ahead (if you really think you can do a cooler game thread that is . . . :P )

Haha, well i definitely like it! Gives me an idea for an april 1st themed game day thread... (oops, shouldn't spoil the idea, oh well, no one will remember come april!)

Other GDT posted. How about merging the threads so nothing here is lost? Keep your post too, i love it!

This is officially the weirdest / most confusing game day thread ever :P

Oh well, i hope O'Byrne gets well soon. At least this gives Chips a chance at playing again. I like Streit better as a forward though... oh well.

GO HABS GO!

since we've gone a whole 16 posts without talk of an enforcer let me break the ice ~ to those who say we don't need a tough guy -- would O'Byrne have broken his thumb if we had another guy who could have fought instead?

Maybe, But what if our enforcer wasn't on the ice when all this happened? Or if he was already in the penalty box...

That's why I hate the constant "we need an enforcer" talk........... Unless he's on the ice the whole game/every shift he's usless. Why don't we have 4 "DG"'s [hereafter refered to as a Designated Goon] that way every line has a protector!

Maybe, But what if our enforcer wasn't on the ice when all this happened? Or if he was already in the penalty box...

That's why I hate the constant "we need an enforcer" talk........... Unless he's on the ice the whole game/every shift he's usless. Why don't we have 4 "DG"'s [hereafter refered to as a Designated Goon] that way every line has a protector!

or we can put our guys on the ice with tazers!

Who cares ... people play sports, people get hurt .... our whole team needs to toughen up, and this has been happening recently. We will continue to increase team toughness until we are the toughest, or until Gainey leaves! So, I am not too worried!

I am a little worried about that D-line up! Would be nice to have a more solid guy in the #4 position!

Go HABS GOOOOOOOO!

On another board the rumour is that he has been called up as a possible stand in for an ailing Koivu, or as a substitute for Streit who is moving back to D.

More news at 7:00 I guess!