Our man Gainey.

Ecurb

I was at the forum, in the nose bleed section with a date.

I was explaining to her how Gainey had 2 seperated

shoulders and even playing in a game we had NO

hope of winning was heroic, when Gainey thru a body

check. :hlogo:

I've never forgotten that. With all thats happened to

him lately and him STILL leading us to a cup.

Lets give him a special day. :clap:

Bruce

GAINEY = WARRIOR!

Bob Gainey, in the opinion of long-time Montreal Gazette sports writer Red Fisher, “played through more pain, I think, than any athlete I have ever known.”

Red Fisher is very long in the tooth and has been around how long? In his opinion Gainey was the champ for playing through the pain. Knowing how long Red has been covering the Habs and hockey, Gainey is in some VERY ELITE COMPANY!

The Globe and Mail - The hole in Bob Gainey's heart

depends who are the 14 guys ahead of him :P

It was written in the sky that Gainey would come back here. Same for Carbo.

:bow:

Now if only we could get Patrick Roy to come back into the family....

The wierd thing about the list is that Roy was ranked at #79.

Why is that weird? The guy is the most influential person in the QMJHL. PLus he's the best goalie in the history of the game. It's only a matter of time before he comes back to the NHL(either as a coach or a GM).

to do what? teach price to talk to his goal posts or be an ambassador just to throw the media a bone.

No, to teach this team(and especially Price) on How to have a killer attitude. On how to be a winner at the highest level in the world, and to do whatever it takes to get the win!

Edited by Habsfan

Why is that weird? The guy is the most influential person in the QMJHL. PLus he's the best goalie in the history of the game. It's only a matter of time before he comes back to the NHL(either as a coach or a GM).

What i thought was that he should of had been farther up the list in the 40 to 50's.

What i thought was that he should of had been farther up the list in the 40 to 50's.

Ahhhh!!! I definitely agree with you on that!

AC, thanks for posting the link to that great article. I remember as a kid going to see the Habs play with my Dad (he is gone now) and I remember waiting for what seemed like forever to get some autographs. Gainey was one of the first players to sign my card. He was kind and gracious and so very patient with me (I was a chatty, ask a million questions type kid!)and he actually thanked me for having asked for his autograph. He took the time to shake hands and speak with my father as well. His humbleness and seflessness were what struck me the most at the time, even as a kid. Those qualities shine through today. His strength, both as a private individual and a public figure is quite possibly the most important factor to the Canadiens as a team. He is, in my honest but humble opinion, the best thing going for the Habs right now. I am eternally grateful that he never acted upon his thoughts to step down during the sad event of his daughter's passing. The team, and we as people in general, can learn a lot from a man such as Gainey. Edited by Naslund/Nilan/Robinson