Game Thread | Habs vs. Blackhawks | 08/01/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say we were the better team that period. Most of Chicago's chances came on the PP and on a few bad shifts (sorry Locke & Gorges). Some good hits by Cube, Saku seems motivated tonight, the Pleks line is good as usual, and the Laps line is sticking it to the Havlat line. Overall, I feel we should have more to show for our efforts, especially if we're due for our typical 2nd or 3rd period collapse at home.

Decent first by the Habs. Good period by Saku, nice to see him pot one. Lucky shot by Breezer. Kosty and Kovy just missing. Tough way for Locke to break in, with a bad giveaway and poor coverage in the defensive zone leading to Chicago's goal.

Hawks scores another... Huet couldn't control the rebound.

Jaro the Hero, please save us!

Ah.. control the rebound? He dropped it right down and dropped his glove on it. Its not his fault a guy was standing in his face whacking it.

Its not like it was a rebound. The defense has to be better then that.

Wake up boys.. Huet is getting hung out to dry in front of the net tonight.

I'm sorry, but the goal by lang was a weak goal by huet. He should have made that save. and he was weak on the third goal as well. I say put Halak in. That's two games in a row where our goaltending has given up at least 2 weak goals.

BY the way, what is it with the god damn 2nd period? the habs can't get anything done right in the second period. Wake the ###### up!

God I cant understand this team.

BTW, does everyone start their French-Canadian goalie in Montreal. Seems like they do, and they manage to have a great game...no matter how washed up they are.

I agree the second goal was stoppable, but the third goal was hardly weak. When a player can whack the puck as it hits the ice, that is going in. That player should have been tied up by Breezy and Hammer.

Huet is not the problem.The problem is that once again the habs are standing around in the 2nd period. Everytime this happens people get all over Huet or Price, but the reality is the team stopped skating again. Oh, and it might help if they could win a draw once in a while. :)