Game Thread | Habs vs. Blackhawks | 08/01/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a beauty play by Lapierre and a nice goal by Latendresse!

Nice to see our boys finally win a game in OT/SO.

For all the flak Streit takes for his defensive play, took out his guy and made a good play to Lapierre to move the puck out of the zone. Nice win in OT, seeing as the Habs have lost 8 previous in OT and shootout. Love the speed of S.Kosty and A.Kosty.

Huet settled down after the 3rd goals with a couple of tense moments. Anyone else hate when he tries to overhandle the puck.

12 goals for Lats after a slow start. Love how the young guns are coming through. Great potential here, and the team is winning some games too.

And here I was thinking how I wouldn't have Lapierre out there in OT...

I'm on a roll today.

Wow I actually said the same thing earlier that shift when he was on with Sergs. Then when he was on that rush I said prove me wrong and I shut up shortly after.

:clap:

Love this season, everytime we call up someone its like Christmas morning. Waiting to unwrap the gift and see what we get. Locke sets up 2, Breezer returns with goal on PP, Halak lets in one early then stands on his head.

Go Habs Go!!

I got one part right!! Didn't know Huet was well enough to play.

Nice OT goal by "Cement Hands" wasn't it?

Locke seems detemined to make the most of it.Want to see him centre Higgins Ryger though. Good effort, should have won in regulation. Tough minute breakdown there.

Oh well, a point to a western team does no harm what so ever.

Take the 2.

Love the speed of S.Kosty and A.Kosty.

Both Kostitsyn brothers were all over the place in the 3rd period. These two are gonna be freakin awesome in a couple of years!

Edited by Habsfan

I got one part right!! Didn't know Huet was well enough to play.

Nice OT goal by "Cement Hands" wasn't it?

Locke seems detemined to make the most of it.Want to see him centre Higgins Ryger though. Good effort, should have won in regulation. Tough minute breakdown there.

Oh well, a point to a western team does no harm what so ever.

Take the 2.

hug :wacko: From what i've seen, he was not any better than Chips and don't deserve to take Chips place. oh and 40% on faceoffs for Locke...

Great way to prep for the very, very big road trip - + game v. Pens coming home after.

2 points is 2 points, especially in such a tough building for us to play in!

Most disturbing thing I'm seeing is a lot of negative comment on several boards about Huet's play. I fell increasingly uncomfortable with this guy as the number 1. Not saying Price is ready - he isn't, and Hamilton is going to be good for him - but how far can we realistically go with Huet? Does he have the mental toughness to beat one team four times out of seven? Or even make it into the playoffs during a tough stretch run?

Nice reward to Locke after the equipment shenanigan in NY, he'll get to play there, then back down when Smoked is ready. Bob will never let a rookie upstage a vet like that, unless the rook is putting up Crosby numbers.