Game Thread | Habs vs. Rangers | 12/01/08

Cataclaw

Yeah, although he was cheating for a pass there, that was soft...

in any case, he has good company tonight. I don't think i can point to a single habs and make a positive comment...

shots are 28 to 14 and we have had two 5 -3...

Mailed this one in... clearly...

Kosty is the only one that looks interested... Rangers have had a much too easy time forcing the Habs forwards to the boards and then just steal the puck away from them...

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I hope we get trashed by 7 or 8 goals. Make them see how sh*te they really are, and deflate any burgeoning egos right quick. Also, if we get hammered like that by a one-line team, I think the coaching staff's instruction of 'superior work ethic' can then be backed up by a case point.

Get the season stinker out of the way now and get back to the real season next game.

Still, what a major p**s-off.

what was smolenski doing on that powerplay I dont know.

Not that bad a choice. A right-handed shot who can take the faceoff if Koivu had got waived off is logical. Only problem is that the only guy fitting the bill is, well, Smolinski. :(

No more days off. No more light practices. No more slack shifts. We may have some attacking potential, but this team has to work, work, work. In other words, has to work like Carbo, Muller and Jarvis worked - no moments off.

Huet will never win a playoff series for us.

As much as i love the guy, i don't have confidence in him when push comes to shove. I feel like he's missing that x-factor that championship goalies have in their pshyche...

Just a disgusting game to watch. I guess a stinker once in a while is par for the course, the last one in Dallas. 2 PP chances 5on3 and nothing. Smokes looked terrible on the PP and hate Breezer on the 5 on 3. Gotta go to Halak for the 3rd. Not too many Habs looking like they are in the game today. Probably gonna have to watch the football instead.

Not that bad a choice. A right-handed shot who can take the faceoff if Koivu had got waived off is logical. Only problem is that the only guy fitting the bill is, well, Smolinski. :(

For that theory to work, smolenski would have to actually be capable of corralling the puck onto his stick and not flubbing the shot even if he did.

Yeah and thanks for the reminder about breezer, taking his weaksauce slappers on 5v3s (which of course dont even make it to the net), good lord, if you're gonna sit at the point slack jawed at least just shovel it to kovalev, koivu or higgins who might actually be capable of making something happen. Only Souray had any business slapping it on a 5v3 like that (but even he did it from the top of the circle).

Well, as stomach-churning as this is, there are some positives, long-term:

Smoke = gone (The sooner the better - probably until the end of the season, though.)

Breezer = gone

Two of Dandy / Boullion / Kosto / Begin / Streit = gone (Dandy and Kosto?)

As for Huet, let him get his 6 mil / season somewhere else.

Kovalev has been brutal tonight.. so much for a Ranger killer, must have spent the day drinking with old buddies or something...

Minus 4 tonight...

I take back the minus 4.. the stat machine is broken.. he is only minus 1.. now it says breezy was minus 4, but he was even (I double checked)..

I think the stat guys is drunk....

Well, hopefully this is like the Dallas game: just a bad game to get out of the system followed by 2 weeks of good hockey.

Let's hope so.. it certainly is a wake up call... Islanders up next...

Kovalev has been brutal tonight.. so much for a Ranger killer, must have spent the day drinking with old buddies or something...

Minus 4 tonight...

With this roster, i guess Jagr would be his only ol' buddy, back in Pittsburgh...

I think the stat guy drank with Ryder and they put something in everyone's

Gatorade. They all skated and played like him .

Koivu, Smolinski and Markov are my three goats for tonight.

I respect Carbo decision to mess around with the lines, the players messed with

him so he can mess with the team, he worked more than the whole team.

Except thew 5-3 choices, this i do not accept.

Huet was not bad he was double shotted and his team was awful, this is a team

loss not a Huet loss.

It's .25 in possible points earned in MSG this year. Hopefully we get the home record straight and beat the Rangers twice in reg time at the Bell centre. We haven't lost the reg season series yet. I hope they snap out of this and get angry at the Devil's and beat them rarely for once.

The 46 to 74 brothers goal made the loss not so unbearable. :)