Breezer, Dackell, prospect for #1 pick?

Habs77

That's what Spectors is saying they heard... guess for that to be true that prospect we give would have to be mighty good.

If I were Florida I'd ask for Kilger instead of Dackell.

And about the prospect.. Ribeiro would be too good to be true right?.. :D

Just imagine: Breezer, Dackell, Ribeiro for Horton... I'd fall right off my chair... hehe

Then we take either Phaneuf, Jessiman, Bernier, Getzlaf with our other 1st rounder... and we're looking pretty good, not to mention we have two 2nd rounders as well.

This sounds way too good to be true , but you never know... (Fedotenko for 4th Overall (Pitkanen) )

I'd run through the streets naked if Savard could pull off that deal!

EDIT : A Panthers scout is at the Bulldogs game tonight (Looking at Hainsey/Hossa?)

[Edited on 2003/5/14 by puck7x]

Originally posted by puck7x

This sounds way too good to be true , but you never know... (Fedotenko for 4th Overall (Pitkanen) )  

I'd run through the streets naked if Savard could pull off that deal!

A Panthers scout is at the Bulldogs game tonight (Looking at Hainsey/Hossa?)  

Where did you hear about the Panthers scout being at the Bulldogs game?

Hope it's Hossa and not Hainsey, maybe Ryder or even Beauchemin who knows... I doubt it's to scout Lindsay or Blouin ;)

Wasn't it Garon Savard was offering up at last years draft? I think it could very well be the case that Garon will be trade bait. I believe the team is 100% commited to Theodore and Garon showed he's ready for NHL duty this year. Seeing as a number of scouts think Garon is potentially better than Theodore I think he would have some good value.

I could see: Breezy, Dackell and Garon for Florida's pick. It would save us some salary, not really hurt the overall structure of our team and net us a top flight prospect.

Then trade down a few spots from #10 and pick Bernier. Could possibly get another 2nd rounder if trading down to #15-17...especially if Parise is still available at #10. That's assuming it's Bernier the team wants. Personally I'd rather stick with the #10 and have Parise.

Originally posted by Zowpeb

Wasn't it Garon Savard was offering up at last years draft?

He was offered 2 years ago when Kovalchuck was the #1 pick... not last year, that I know of anyway.

I think it could very well be the case that Garon will be trade bait.

Not for the #1 pick, since Florida has Luongo of course.

I believe the team is 100% commited to Theodore and Garon showed he's ready for NHL duty this year.

I think the team would be better served waiting a year or two to see how Theo does the next year or two.

By winning the Hart Theo is getting paid at a premium, and if any sort of salary cap comes with the new CBA in '04 Garon might become an economical alternative providing he shows he can be just as good.

Theo would also get a better return than Garon IMO... Theo is more of a proven commodity at this point, and well the HArt speaks for itself.

Seeing as a number of scouts think Garon is potentially better than Theodore I think he would have some good value.

Well just a few months ago he cleared waivers... sure his value has risen since, but how much his trade value has risen I'm not sure.

I could see: Breezy, Dackell and Garon for Florida's pick.  It would save us some salary, not really hurt the overall structure of our team and net us a top flight prospect.

As I said Florida doesn't need Garon in the least.... and if puck7x is saying a Florida scout was at the Bulldogs game the other night we need to look there for the "prospect' that would be included in the deal.

Probably Hossa or Hainsey... I doubt Ryder has that much value, and I gotta believe Komisarek is simply off-limits.

Then trade down a few spots from #10 and pick Bernier.  Could possibly get another 2nd rounder if trading down to #15-17...especially if Parise is still available at #10.  That's assuming it's Bernier the team wants.  Personally I'd rather stick with the #10 and have Parise.

With the 10th pick I'd take the best available guy... and I'd try to get a third 1st rounder by packaging our two 2nd rounders.

Three 1st rounders in the deepest draft in recent memory would be a nice way for AS to redeem himself... or at least try to :-^