Time is now to make trade.

peihabs

:hlogo: Okay, we are rolling along pretty good again, but after seeing the Bruins game can we last thru a seven game series with teams that are going to manhandle us. I think we would come out on top of a best of seven with Boston but we would be so beat up how much farther could we go. We need to add some toughness and a winger to play with Koivu & Higgins. Also it's about time Bob tried to redeem himself for his Mike Ribiero For Janna Niinamaa trade. Two trades I would like to see is with Chicago & the Rangers. First to Chicago Ryder, Halak & O,Byrne throw in either Milroy or Locke if need be in exchange for T. Ruutu, D. Byfuglien and P. Lalime. Ruutu gives us a winger to play with Higgins & Koivu, Byfuglien gives us some toughness on D and a bombing shot for the PP. Lalime gives us an experienced back up for Price next year. Second trade : Streit & Kostopolous to N.Y.R for Ryan Hollweg, F. Lessard & P. Parenteau. Hollweg gives us an everyday fourth liner with speed and grit, Lessard gives us an enforcer to play when needed (Boston) & Parenteau gives us depth in Hamilton and takes the place of either Milroy or Locke. We end up saving a million and having a line up that looks like this.

Goal: Huet, Lalime

D: Markov/Komisarek, Hamarlik/Byfuglien, Bouillon/Gorges (7'th man Briseboise)

Forwards: Kostitsyn/Plecanek/Kovalev, Higgins/Koivu/Ruutu, Latendresse/Smolinski/Kostitsyn, Hollweg/Lapierre/Dandenault (Lessard & Begin) Dress Lessard instead of Dandenault for games where we need him and let Begin get healthy for the playoffs

These are just a couple of trades I would make if I were Bob, They might not be possible to make, but who agrees we need a winger for Koivu, & Higgins & some toughness.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, it is incredibly hard to make trades i the NHL, cause you have to find a team that is willing to make a trade with you and you have to remember that salaries have that much more importance in today's NHL.

Secondly, I wouldn't Trade O'Byrne. I wouldn'T want Lalime on this team either. Over and over again, Lalime has proven to be a world class CHOKER whenever games were of some importance.

Lastly, Brisebois will retire at the end of this season. So he won't be there next year. Same for Smolinski, he won'T be back with the Habs next year.

I agree we need some grit, but the trades you propose will not happen.

:hlogo: Okay, we are rolling along pretty good again, but after seeing the Bruins game can we last thru a seven game series with teams that are going to manhandle us. I think we would come out on top of a best of seven with Boston but we would be so beat up how much farther could we go. We need to add some toughness and a winger to play with Koivu & Higgins. Also it's about time Bob tried to redeem himself for his Mike Ribiero For Janna Niinamaa trade. Two trades I would like to see is with Chicago & the Rangers. First to Chicago Ryder, Halak & O,Byrne throw in either Milroy or Locke if need be in exchange for T. Ruutu, D. Byfuglien and P. Lalime. Ruutu gives us a winger to play with Higgins & Koivu, Byfuglien gives us some toughness on D and a bombing shot for the PP. Lalime gives us an experienced back up for Price next year. Second trade : Streit & Kostopolous to N.Y.R for Ryan Hollweg, F. Lessard & P. Parenteau. Hollweg gives us an everyday fourth liner with speed and grit, Lessard gives us an enforcer to play when needed (Boston) & Parenteau gives us depth in Hamilton and takes the place of either Milroy or Locke. We end up saving a million and having a line up that looks like this.

Goal: Huet, Lalime

D: Markov/Komisarek, Hamarlik/Byfuglien, Bouillon/Gorges (7'th man Briseboise)

Forwards: Kostitsyn/Plecanek/Kovalev, Higgins/Koivu/Ruutu, Latendresse/Smolinski/Kostitsyn, Hollweg/Lapierre/Dandenault (Lessard & Begin) Dress Lessard instead of Dandenault for games where we need him and let Begin get healthy for the playoffs

These are just a couple of trades I would make if I were Bob, They might not be possible to make, but who agrees we need a winger for Koivu, & Higgins & some toughness.

Sorry but these are the worst trades I have ever heard. Halak is better than Lalime. I would never give up O'byrne and Kostopoulous has been playing well for us. I would rather sign Huet at the end of the season than have Lalime. Ryder will come around. Streit is good to have in case of an injury.

Sorry those trades do not make any sense.

what is up with the trade fiend!!!!

Seriously buy some crack or something for gawd sakes if you need to fiend at something.

Why would we trade and disrupt a team that is performing very well right now?????? Please tell me???

also, Tuomo Ruutu is a winger dude!

What is wrong with our lines now is the need for a star centre, not some fragile chump like ruutu.

Honestly our roster looks better at the moment than what you said, please...PLEASE....spare me!

what is up with the trade fiend!!!!

Seriously buy some crack or something for gawd sakes if you need to fiend at something.

'gotta make a trade gotta make a trade'

*huddled in the corner, pale and sleepless, shivering, hands trembling*

'I NEED A TRADE, MAN'

Because of parity in this new NHL, most teams are looking to add players rather then trade

away a asset that might make the difference between them making the playoffs or not.

Things should change closer to the trade deadline when we have a clearer picture of who

might make the playoffs. But, I see a sellers market and thats just going to drive up the

price for any player we might want to add.

I do think we could use more grit, but maybe Gainey watching the last Bulldogs game had

more to it then just to see how Price is doing. He might be looking at Greg Stewart or

Janne Lahti to see if they're capable of adding some grit to this team. Both are LW's with

size, that can skate well and bring some grit. Just a thought.

If Bob wants grit, the grit will have to be able to play regularly. If Kostopolous and Murray are any indication, it'll have to be more than a marginal talent who has grit in order for Carbo to be pursuaded to play them. So I can't see Bob looking at players who are average AHLers at best in Lahti and Stewart as potential options for the stretch run.

I assume Ryder is gone soon as well. When Begin comes back, Ryder is the guy I'd bench at this point. He simply doesn't do enough of any one thing to justify the roster spot anymore. And he wants out... to salvage his value as a UFA.

The first proposal makes no sense. The Blackhawks are my #2 team (a very, very distant #2... more a preference than a favourite of any kind), and having followed them there's no benefit in that trade beyond Halak. O'Byrne is nice and all, but at the cost of their diamond in the rough in Byfuglien? No way. Ruutu's development has been hampered by a ridiculous stretch of injuries... it's hard to read what he'll become. He's got immense talent and is an amazing open ice hitter.

I do have a feeling Ryder's days are numbered, but asside from a move involving him, i see no trades in the forecast.

In the east, Habs are 4th in points, and just 1 point short of being tied for 2nd. Let that sink in for a bit. It isn't game #5 of the season anymore. Habs are more than halfway into the season, and if they keep pace, they will finish in the top 1-5 of the conference.

In Bob We Trust.

His plan of building from within is working beautifully.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

I have to agree. Don't fix what isn't broken.

Having said that, I wouldn't mind Ryder for Rob Blake. straight up.

Both are UFA's. The Kings won't be re-signing Blake.

Habs won't re-sign MR.

The Kings might be interested in keeping Ryder, since they're weak on RW.

The cap hit for us would be about 700,000 .

Edited by bigbird19

Am I the only one who feels bad for the posters of these threads? People keep on ripping on them. :unsure:

Tip: To avoid being insulted harshly post better trade proposals next time. :lol:

I think it's worth going after Hossa as a rental. Him + Koivu + Higgins would be a deadly line and would give us two very serious scoring lines.

I would give up Halak or Danis + some other guy or a draft pick for that.

I like BTH's idea too.

Edited by Dirty Harry

I think it's worth going after Hossa as a rental. Him + Koivu + Higgins would be a deadly line and would give us two very serious scoring lines.

I like BTH's idea too.

Agree. The only big name I can see coming in Montreal is Hossa. But BG would have to give the RIGHT price, and even more, because some teams will put MAJOR offer if Atlanta is a seller (and they will be...) at the trade deadline.

And for Hossa, i would definitly give Halak, O'Byrne(or any prospect they want but Price and McDonagh) and MTL 08 1rst pick, but only if we're sure to get him signed for 2-3 years.

I like BTH's idea too.

May want to drop Hossa from your target list the Thrashers are the top team in that division now.

I guess the next month will be important for Atlanta to decide what to do, but even if theyre still hanging onto first in the south east (right now the caps are charging hard, and the canes will probably turn things around at some point when they're done emptying their guts from the flu) , with a .500 record they gotta know they're not going anywhere in the playoffs so the GM would still be likely to get something for Hossa then instead of let him walk for nothing in July.

They won't trade him with a sniff of first place - and the playoffs - around the corner.

But if they fade - and we can help that cause tomorrow - they might move him. How slick would Hossa look with us? That could make us scary-good on O. Give them D-men, Streit, a couple of picks, Halak...I think he's that good.