Changes to HW Forum

puck7x

As you may have noticed the HabsWorld forum has undergone a few changes lately. I've changed the colour scheme of the forum (you'll only notice it if your in the default scheme, or red scheme) ...

Here are some other changes/additions that have been made so far.

- Country Flags : You can now specify your country through your control panel, a flag of your country will appear in all your posts. (I've already set flags to a few users, just to see how it looks)

- Member Map:

http://www.habsworld.net/forum/membermap.php

(Can click link in header) Its a map which keeps track of the locations of all HW members (you have to place yourself on the map.. You can do this by clicking "place my pin" at the top right, just dont stick yourself in the ocean) ... I think its a really cool feature. This feature along with the country-flags really brings out the "WORLD" in HabsWorld.

- Avatar size : Avatars now automatically restrict you to 150X200 (more then enough space) ... This will prevent someone from messing up the forum by using a giant avatar.

- User-rank Colour : User-ranks (like admin/mods/chl/etc) can now be set to appear in a certain colour (Username will be a different colour then usual black)

- Username Change: We now are able to change usernames. In the past you would of had to delete your account (lose your posts) and create a new account, now we can change your name for you.

- Last Post/Most Active Forum for User : Goto any user's profile, you will now see which forum they are most active in, and their last post.

Plus we added alot of things to improve secutity... etc...

Future additions/improvments...

- New improved chat system

- Forum icons (On forum index page, next to each forum)

- Plus a load of other stuff...

[Edited on 2004-6-7 by puck7x]

Alright most of the major changes have been completed. The new forum icons on the index are up, and we replaced the old green buttons with new blue/grayish ones. Also made some other minor changes (decreased the size of the forum links/hotlinks on top of each forum) ...

Hope everyone likes the changes, I'm happy, but not satisfied like my mood says. (never satisfied)

One note about the chat, we're not sure we're going to be hosting a chat applet on the HW site (big bandwidth eater, plus its unstable) so for a chat option we will probably use a chat board (HW private board, I hope) from an outside site and link to it within the HW forum. If anyone knows of any good chat forums that we can use (a private chat) let us know.

Ohh yeah. In case you forgot, we have different themes for the HW forum, the themes are the "look" of the forum, they come in different colour schemes. I changed the default theme to a new colour scheme, so if your interested in seeing it you will have to change your settings (Control Panel > Edit Profile > Theme > default) . Eventually I hope to scrap all the themes except for the new default one.

Thats all for now!

Ohhh and a GREAT Quick Reply box under each thread that Matt just installed! Awesome ... :clap:

[Edited on 2004-6-8 by puck7x]

You all do amazing work, keep up the awesome job!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Ribeiro

Quebec should get their own flag. You know, the Fleur de Lis?

:que:

[Edited on 2004/6/25 by Ribeiro]

Look closer, its there. Bottom of the list.