The "Why Can't We Win at Home" Thread?

zumpano21

A = Young team = lot of single players

B = Montreal = lot of hot chicks

A + B = lot of distractions

And married vets don't get it on the road. Or at least they aren't telling.

I'm sure they are a lot of factors, but the Habs seem to keep things simple on the road. They don't break away from the gameplan, and as a result, seem to find more success. You can see them trying just a little too hard, and the more they lose, the more this will become a factor.

A = Young team = lot of single players

B = Montreal = lot of hot chicks

A + B = lot of distractions

LOL, rumour has it that is one of the reasons Corson was dealt in 92.

And from the stories I have heard from my bouncer buddies about Tucker and Corson in Toronto

I wouldn't doubt it.

Edited by Wamsley01

Terrible coaching decisions.

poor line matching, never take time-outs, never shuts up.

fans don't encourage enough, boo too fast...then again why should they encourage poor playing ??

adding pressure to put on a show for your fans.

I think pressure for one.

Also, it's not a secret that every other team loves to play in Montreal and for some reason everytime a team visits Montreal they tend to get that extra spark of motivation...

Here's hoping they can pull a win out on home ice tonight against the Bruins. My friend just messaged me to say she has tickets, so I'll be there in the nosebleeds. Begin looks to be making his return as well, which is awesome.

I think the players got it right when they said they're is some extra pressure on them to score and such when playing at home. However, I don't see why it would take this long to shake. Also, opponents tend to get pumped up to play when they roll into Montreal, that doesn't help.

Simply put, we had a bad run in November and December at home and I think a correction is due for the 2nd half of the year. In October, we had nearly identical records at home and on the road. Post-Christmas, we haven't really had much opportunity to get comfortable at home as we've had more road games. And in all honesty, I believe the Saturday result was more the "first game back from a successful road trip" syndrome that every team experiences.

In short, I'm not really worried. But the theory will be tested soon enough, we've played quite a few more road games than home games this year so far.

I am telling you guys it is because Carbo thinks to much at home and matches lines to much.

In a seven game series it will work but not in an 82 game season at home the Habs should set the pace.

Because of washed up, second string, french canadian goalies coming into the Bell centre and standing on their heads.... :angry:

No sh.it! This is really starting to get on my nerves! :angry:

BUt I think it's a combination of more pressure playing at the phone Booth, lots of distractions in Montreal for young, rich single guys in their 20's, Carbonneau's inability to match lines properly and the Fans who have a tendancy of having a very short leash when it comes to booing, which in turn makes our players grip their sticks too tight!