HABS CLINCH EAST!

SAKS-AVENUE

RAW RAW TIME BOYS!!!!!!!!

We must win....With Pens and Ottawa facing each other we can pick up points on someone. It's getting a little to crowded at the top, and the scary part is the bottom isn't very far either. Aim high and keep looking forward boys...........

WooooooooooooooooooHooooooooooooo!!!!!

Tonight's the Night

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well 1st place is looking a lot tougher now with the Habs in 5th and Pittsubrgh about to get Crosby back I think the Pens may be the favourite to win the Conference.

That would suck, unless we end up sixth we'd likely get the Devils, or maybe the Rangers.

Standings are gonna change like 10 times before the playoffs start. I think I would like the Rangers over NJ if I had to pick.

Yeah, I'd take the Rangers over Brodeur as well, although Lundqvist would be a tough challenge. It's early to make a call, but it looks like it'll be NJ, NYR, Pittsburgh and us competing for the 4,5,6 seeds, with one of those teams taking the Atlantic division. In that case I think it would be better for us to finish 6th and face the winner of the Southeast, even if it's Carolina.

OOOOOOooooooooo

Toronto is throwing it to Ottawa

4-0 in the second. There is hope my friends.

5-0 now. I think we can count them out tonight. *knocks on wood*

These teams below us are pissing me off. Sabres and Flyers tied at 3. Possibly 1 point apiece

This system is so stupid

Oh well they feel the same way when the Habs do the same

These teams below us are pissing me off. Sabres and Flyers tied at 3. Possibly 1 point apiece

This system is so stupid

I am sure Toronto must be thrilled as well. They beat Ottawa and only gain 1 point towards 8-9th

Habs are now 6 points out of 9th

Edited by Wamsley01

Nice win tonight!!!!!!!!!

1 point out of first, thank-you Boston.

Keep looking ahead, and let's catch those Sens. That team seems to be falling apart. At this point in time they are proof that a few trades and crappy goaltending can kick your ass, even with Spezza, Heatley and Allfie.

They haven't scored in 2 games.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!

Nice win tonight!!!!!!!!!

1 point out of first, thank-you Boston.

Keep looking ahead, and let's catch those Sens. That team seems to be falling apart. At this point in time they are proof that a few trades and crappy goaltending can kick your ass, even with Spezza, Heatley and Allfie.

They haven't scored in 2 games.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!

When was the last time the Sens were shutout twice in a row?

The two games this Fri. and Sat. look like must wins for us Habs.

We have a bunch of teams to thank this week. Especially the Boston Bruins for putting up road blocks to division and conference leaders. Sadly, their last 10 games (7-2-1) compared to our (5-5-0) has also put the Bruins right up our butts with a game in hand. Once again first place and bottom feeder are only separated by a couple of wins or a couple of losses.

Keep looking forward boys!!!!!!! let's officially grab the division lead tonight. We'll worry about Saturday on Saturday...

Go Habs Go!!!!!!!

The Habs have to help themselves. Waitning around for others to lose is what gets this team into trouble.

Do they want first place in the division, or will they come out flat.

Yep, they go out and win 10 games who cares what everybody else does. I think we should just accept that

everybody else is going to bring it. I mean every team behind us has not lost in a week it seems.

Boston, Buffalo, Philly, NYR have all been taking care of business this week. If the Habs don't they will find themselves

on the edge of 9th and the media and fans going into full fledge panic mode.

No more mulligans. They have to drive on through to the finish line. My heart can't take another collapse

Edited by Wamsley01

The only good news is all those Atlantic teams play eachother like 2-3 times each. Which will prevent 2 of them from running the tables.

The islanders play well within that division as well.

Yeah, it makes it almost impossible for somebody like the Leafs who on the outside are only 6 points out but

have to play Boston, Buffalo, Montreal over and over. So even if the Leafs go 13-4 then that almost guarantees Boston and Buffalo

2-3 losses each. Then they play each other and even a split leaves each of them with a couple more losses.

Every night the competition will be playing one another and a run from an Isles or a Leafs will help Montreal's cause.

I believe the Habs will make it, I just think that they are going to tiptoe the edge and make us sweat buckets before bringing it home.

Yeah, it makes it almost impossible for somebody like the Leafs who on the outside are only 6 points out but

have to play Boston, Buffalo, Montreal over and over. So even if the Leafs go 13-4 then that almost guarantees Boston and Buffalo

2-3 losses each. Then they play each other and even a split leaves each of them with a couple more losses.

Every night the competition will be playing one another and a run from an Isles or a Leafs will help Montreal's cause.

I believe the Habs will make it, I just think that they are going to tiptoe the edge and make us sweat buckets before bringing it home.

Yup. Like every friggin year. I think they know that teams are right behind them, first and last are equally as close. It's a weird season. Typical Habs should fall apart about now only to get hot the last ten games and just make it (or not, like last season). Hopefully the boys can change things this year and surprise us by truckin along in the win column. Start resting for the play-offs instead of fighting for them. That seems like it will be impossible too with everyone so close.

Yup. Like every friggin year. I think they know that teams are right behind them, first and last are equally as close. It's a weird season. Typical Habs should fall apart about now only to get hot the last ten games and just make it (or not, like last season). Hopefully the boys can change things this year and surprise us by truckin along in the win column. Start resting for the play-offs instead of fighting for them. That seems like it will be impossible too with everyone so close.

I am irritated at the thought process that has you play the 4 teams in your division 32 times and the other 25 teams 50 times

and does not rank you in division but Conference. There is no reason Montreal should be competing for a playoff spot

with a team that plays a totally different schedule.

I prefer the concept of 1 through 8, but even out the Conference schedule if you are going to do that.

This whole system is set out so Bettman can have his precious parity, from the unbalanced schedule to the extra points.

I miss the comfort of locking up a playoff spot in January :)

I am irritated at the thought process that has you play the 4 teams in your division 32 times and the other 25 teams 50 times

and does not rank you in division but Conference. There is no reason Montreal should be competing for a playoff spot

with a team that plays a totally different schedule.

I prefer the concept of 1 through 8, but even out the Conference schedule if you are going to do that.

This whole system is set out so Bettman can have his precious parity, from the unbalanced schedule to the extra points.

I miss the comfort of locking up a playoff spot in January :)

So does my dad, I don't even know the feeling.

Edited by JMMR