HABS CLINCH EAST!

SAKS-AVENUE

I do the same.

I never want to have to watch so much CHL and EURO leagues again without my NHL.

I watch all the games nightly. Some I just flip through, some I watch depending on importance to me.

ie. Playoff matchups, watching the Leafs lose, or following the guys I have in my fantasy pool.

The better the Habs get, the more I am immersed.

I used to watch every game in 2000, but I certainly did not search out messageboards to chat.

Fortunately I had the Raptors and Yankees back then or I would have killed myself

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fortunately I had the Raptors and Yankees back then or I would have killed myself

Yankee fan :blink::blink:

:puke:

Number one team: Habs

Number two team: Bosox

Bosox fan :puke:

Yankees fan :puke:

I used to be a Expos fan now im all about the Cubbies :clap:

I was an Expos fan as well. They were my 1A

Raines, Wallach, Dawson, Carter years. All the way to the bitter end.

As for the Red Sox. I knew 2 Sox fans my first 31 years on this planet, now they are everywhere.

I was an Expos fan as well. They were my 1A

Raines, Wallach, Dawson, Carter years. All the way to the bitter end.

As for the Red Sox. I knew 2 Sox fans my first 31 years on this planet, now they are everywhere.

Damn does it hurt to talk about the Expos. I miss Baseball! Wallach was my favourite Player in the 80's and early 90's. I also loved Mark Langston(that One year he played for the Expos) I think it was 1989. I enjoyed Watching Pedro pitch with that rubber band he had as an arm and watching Vladimir hit Home Runs was a delight!

I used to follow the Expos in the National league and the BoSox in the American league. Now that Nos' Amours are gone, there's only the Red Sox...although it 's kinda easier right now being a Red Sox fan(compared to 10-15 years ago).

I used to go to the Big O about 8 times per year. Towards the end it was gettin' to be pretty pathetic. Nobody in town cared much for the Expos. Selig, Brochu, and Loria had done their jobs well. The interest level for Baseball in this town just died!

Edited by Habsfan

Damn does it hurt to talk about the Expos. I miss Baseball! Wallach was my favourite Player in the 80's and early 90's. I also loved Mark Langston(that One year he played for the Expos) I think it was 1989. I enjoyed Watching Pedro pitch with that rubber band he had as an arm and watching Vladimir hit Home Runs was a delight!

I used to follow the Expos in the National league and the BoSox in the American league. Now that Nos' Amours are gone, there's only the Red Sox...although it 's kinda easier right now being a Red Sox fan(compared to 10-15 years ago).

I used to go to the Big O about 8 times per year. Towards the end it was gettin' to be pretty pathetic. Nobody in town cared much for the Expos. Selig, Brochu, and Loria had done their jobs well. The interest level for Baseball in this town just died!

I went down to the Big Owe in 2002 in what I thought was their last season.

I caught lightning in a bottle as I got to watch Bartolo Colon's 1st start, there must have been 30-35,000 people that night.

It is my last great memory of the Spos.

I will do my best to watch both games as I have watched the Kings win a lot of games this year they are a potent offensive team very polised around the net but they have no idea how to play without the puck.

I dont have any idea why they would not start Halak tonight. The kid has done nothing wrong and deserves a chance. Dont get me wrong I do love Price but he played like shit against the sharks and needs to sit the bench.

Competition always brings out the best in players. Price needs to know that if he doesnt play well Guy will put in Halak .

I dont have any idea why they would not start Halak tonight. The kid has done nothing wrong and deserves a chance. Dont get me wrong I do love Price but he played like shit against the sharks and needs to sit the bench.

Competition always brings out the best in players. Price needs to know that if he doesnt play well Guy will put in Halak .

Wrong.

Price needs to know he is the #1 for right now he will be given a chance to make up for a bad game.

Halak will play this weekend most likely against the Kings.

Wrong.

Price needs to know he is the #1 for right now he will be given a chance to make up for a bad game.

Halak will play this weekend most likely against the Kings.

Yup, Some people just aren't getting what's going on right now. I'm sure Halak will get the L.A game only because it's a back to back situation, but expect Price in 99% of the final games this year regardless of the outcome.

Yup, Some people just aren't getting what's going on right now. I'm sure Halak will get the L.A game only because it's a back to back situation, but expect Price in 99% of the final games this year regardless of the outcome.

Unless Price really struggles for a few games in a row or the Habs clinch with no possibilitiy of moving up or down.

Unless Price really struggles for a few games in a row or the Habs clinch with no possibilitiy of moving up or down.

Yes, if he REALLY hits the shitter. I don't think he will. Actually, I kind of feel that we are going to see a new side of the kid tonight. He's playing a struggling team that has an amazing goalie, He's pissed off, Has something to prove, The team will be behind him defensively,..........GAME ON !!!!!!!!!!!!

Huge WIN!!!!

With the Pens losing and Ottawa getting shut-out in L.A

We are first over-all in the east with a game in hand and we lead our division with two fat points. If the play-offs started tomorrow we would face Philli.

Magic number is 5.

Go Habs Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ottawa's really running out of time to right the ship. And with Alfie out... I don't want to sound too cocky, but I think the division is definitely our's to lose at this point. :blink:

First in the conference is the bigger battle. But the fact that it seems almost unlikely for us to fall back into the 4/5 matchup is gravy. ^_^

Ottawa's really running out of time to right the ship. And with Alfie out... I don't want to sound too cocky, but I think the division is definitely our's to lose at this point. :blink:

First in the conference is the bigger battle. But the fact that it seems almost unlikely for us to fall back into the 4/5 matchup is gravy. ^_^

I still think it is way to close to make an assumptions like that especially because the Habs still play the Sens a couple more times.

I still think it is way to close to make an assumptions like that especially because the Habs still play the Sens a couple more times.

I'm just basing it on Ottawa's record since January moreso than ours. Their collapse is a bigger story in all of this than our rise.

Technically, you're correct, but if Ottawa doesn't get their game together soon those 2 head-to-head games might not mean the difference between winning the division and not... even if Ottawa won both in regulation.

Right now, I think we'd have to start playing awful like Ottawa for the Sens or Bruins to have a shot at overtaking us... it seems a more likely scenario than Ottawa turning it up and playing great all of a sudden. That's where the "ours to lose" comment comes in.

I think you need to chill saskhab. The Sens could wake up(with Alfie's return) and go on a tear. You should not take things for granted. Nothing is decided yet. There's too much hockey left to play!

The Snes are only 2 points behind us. If they were 12 points behind, then I'd say they have almost no chance of catching us, but 2 points is NOTHING!

Edited by Habsfan

I'm just basing it on Ottawa's record since January moreso than ours. Their collapse is a bigger story in all of this than our rise.

Technically, you're correct, but if Ottawa doesn't get their game together soon those 2 head-to-head games might not mean the difference between winning the division and not... even if Ottawa won both in regulation.

Right now, I think we'd have to start playing awful like Ottawa for the Sens or Bruins to have a shot at overtaking us... it seems a more likely scenario than Ottawa turning it up and playing great all of a sudden. That's where the "ours to lose" comment comes in.

Dude, I don't care if you don't believe in jinxes or irony. But comments like those are the equivalent to talking about shut-outs when your team is up 1-0 in the third period - no-one appreciates them. Please, know that there are others out there like you who are thinking it, but that the hockey gods will punish anyone who gets cocky or presumptive.

Also, you better pray that the Habs don't drop the ball with 14 games to go, because I'm just crazy enough to hunt down all the Habs-jinxers on this board, and practice my taxidermy skills. I've begun a file on all posters as of now.

Sleep tight y'all :)

Dude, I don't care if you don't believe in jinxes or irony. But comments like those are the equivalent to talking about shut-outs when your team is up 1-0 in the third period - no-one appreciates them. Please, know that there are others out there like you who are thinking it, but that the hockey gods will punish anyone who gets cocky or presumptive.

Also, you better pray that the Habs don't drop the ball with 14 games to go, because I'm just crazy enough to hunt down all the Habs-jinxers on this board, and practice my taxidermy skills. I've begun a file on all posters as of now.

Sleep tight y'all :)

:clap::clap::blink:^_^:clap:

There's 3 habs vs sens games leaft this year. IMO whoever wins 2 outta 3, wins the Northeast, those are playoff games.