HABS CLINCH EAST!

SAKS-AVENUE

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When was the last time Montreal won their division and when was the last time they won the conference?

They've done a great job this season and I haven't been this proud to be a Habs fan in a long time, and they've done it without Koivu and Komisarek coming down the stretch no less. Let's just hope they keep it up in the playoffs.

:hlogo: :B) :hlogo:

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know whether we're playing on Wednesday or Thursday?

I'm in Boston on business this week. (Really wish it was next week..)

Thursday

NJ wins too, which is good, as they're rock-solid at home, and the Rangers are only passable on the road (17-14-10 or something like that), so there's an even greater chance they might not even make it out of the first round.

But first we gotta beat Boston. I hope we flood their net in the first two games, and then fight the hard fight over the next three.

If it is possible....I think I have a man crush on Carey Price and Kovalev.....and Streit, and Gorges.....come to think of it Komisarek as well, and both Kostisyn brothers, ah what the hell I love this whole team.

There I said it I Love the Montreal Canadiens.....in a very manly way of course

Go Habs Go

When did the NHL change to a bracketed playoff?

As far as I know the Habs could play anybody 4th or lower in the second round.

Barring an epic collapse against Boston of course

Well, looks like it's official! I have to say that I'm Impressed. First Time our boys win the conference since 88-89 and first time they win the division since 91-92.

Way to go boys. I'm really proud of my team!

Now let's not take the pooh-Bears lightly, and kick their asses in 4 games.

If the habs can make it to the 2nd round, I will have considered this season a complete success. Even if they lose in the 1st round, i'll say that it was a good season. I would be disapointed that they lost in the 1st round, but who would have thought our boys could win the Conference???

Way to go Habs!!!

Edited by Habsfan

As far as I know the Habs could play anybody 4th or lower in the second round.

Barring an epic collapse against Boston of course

Ya I don't know why the top seed would match up against the 4th or 5th in the second round. The only way that happens is if the bottom 3 are knocked out. That's what I thought.

Not only Conference champs....but Division winners over Ottawa and Boston by 10 whopping points.

We will fear no team. East nor West.

Yes, we clinched the East and ou Division for the first time in many years...

... BUT we have to keep in mind that we're still a very young team with very little playoff experience. This Spring will be a big new experience for almost half our roster. 9 players will play in their first every NHL playoffs. 6 more have less than 15 playoffs games.

The guy with the most playoffs games on our roster is now Smolinski with 111. Kovy has 100, Breezer 87 and Dandy 70. They'll have to really show the way to the kids.

Expect lot of nervousness early on. Expect lot of cardiac-kids type of situations, leading-trailing 1 goal late in the 3rd, going into OT, etc.

This is going to be exciting, nerve-racking and most of all a huge learning stage for this young team.

That means that we'll take either New Jersey or New York in the 2nd round.

No, unless all top seeds advance (no upsets).

Its not bracketed anymore, if the 7th seed beats the second seed, then we play the 7th seed.

Buffalo (1st last year) played a sixth seed in the 2nd round because rangers upset the thrashers.

So heres a good scenario:

Round 1:

Habs vs Boston--- Habs (1)

Pens vs Sens--- Sens (7)

Caps vs Flyers--- Flyers (6)

Devils vs Rags--- Devils (4)

Roound 2:

Habs (1) vs Sens(7)--- Habs (What a Series!)

Devils (4) vs Flyers (6)--- Flyers

Round 3:

Habs (1) vs Flyers (6)--- Habs

The point is that there is a chance we wont face Rags/Devils in Round 2.

GUYS DONT LOOK AHEAD.

I know the Habs have dominated the Bruins lately but the playoffs can be different.

I am not trying to tell you that the Bruins will win the series but as fans we need to support the Canadiens the right way concern every ounce of your cheers and screams towards Series 1 Game 1.

GUYS DONT LOOK AHEAD.

I know the Habs have dominated the Bruins lately but the playoffs can be different.

I am not trying to tell you that the Bruins will win the series but as fans we need to support the Canadiens the right way concern every ounce of your cheers and screams towards Series 1 Game 1.

Amen to that. We'll need to focus on every game when it comes, take every win at a time.

Until then, we should be celebrating that we're the best team in the East.

OLE OLE OLE OLE!

No, unless all top seeds advance (no upsets).

Its not bracketed anymore, if the 7th seed beats the second seed, then we play the 7th seed.

Buffalo (1st last year) played a sixth seed in the 2nd round because rangers upset the thrashers.

So heres a good scenario:

Round 1:

Habs vs Boston--- Habs (1)

Pens vs Sens--- Sens (7)

Caps vs Flyers--- Flyers (6)

Devils vs Rags--- Devils (4)

Roound 2:

Habs (1) vs Sens(7)--- Habs (What a Series!)

Devils (4) vs Flyers (6)--- Flyers

Round 3:

Habs (1) vs Flyers (6)--- Habs

The point is that there is a chance we wont face Rags/Devils in Round 2.

Damn, I forgot that (I'm used to the NBA format)

Thanks

Damn, I forgot that (I'm used to the NBA format)

Thanks

No problem.

Which format do you like better?

I perfer NHL.

Never happened.

Back in the good old days it was by division (1st vs 4th, 2nd vs 3rd, then division finals) and after that it has been 1st vs 8th, etc.

NBA ^_^

NBA = :puke:

Even the current NHL system isnt as good as the old division system.

Imagine:

Northeast:

Montreal vs Buffalo

Ottawa vs Boston

Atlantic:

Pittsburgh vs Philly

NJ vs NYR

Southeast:

F**k 'hem

Central:

Detroit vs Columbus

Nashville vs Chicago

Northwest:

Minny vs Edmonton

Colorado vs Calgary

Pacific:

F**k 'hem

NBA = :puke:

Imagine:

Northeast:

Montreal vs Buffalo

Ottawa vs Boston

Atlantic:

Pittsburgh vs Philly

NJ vs NYR

Southeast:

F**k 'hem

Central:

Detroit vs Columbus

Nashville vs Chicago

Northwest:

Minny vs Edmonton

Colorado vs Calgary

Pacific:

F**k 'hem

NBA part agreed.

But I think the old format would now have too many playoff teams (24 teams), unless we made new divisions (4) then that would be 16, but that will never happen.

NBA part agreed.

But I think the old format would now have too many playoff teams (24 teams), unless we made new divisions (4) then that would be 16, but that will never happen.

If the league does another 2 team expansion, 4 divisions are quite likely... maybe even per conference. Each conference would have 16 teams, then divide it into 4 divisions each of 4 (NFL does this). Or, divide it into two divisions each of 8.

But yeah, at 30 teams, this is probably the best way to do it. The only debate is whether each division champion should be guaranteed the #3 seed or if it should all be points based (if it was points based, then it'd be NJ v. Washington, NYR v. Philly with the other 2 matchups being the same; out West it'd be Anaheim v. Colorado; then Dallas v. Minnesota).