Game Thread | Habs vs. Devils | 24/01/08

Cataclaw

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great GDT thread.

It's never easy to win in the swamp. But heres to hoping.

GO HABS GO.

Thanks :) Oops had a picture of Montreal, switched it to New Jersey...

A win here would be a huge thing. We have Boston's number, The Devils have ours. Time to snap out of their hold!

GO HABS GO

Also one interesting thing -- since i do the GDTs regularly i've noticed a positive trend when updating stats... our penalty kill rank has been falling consistently from 26th at one point to 16th! Let's hope that a trend that continues.

Edited by Cataclaw

I guess you could put Kostopoulos back there instead of Dandenault. the way he played last game game he really deserve to play and he will play.

tonight I call it a statement game. by winning or losing to New jersey shows us what team of team we are. it's fine to destroy weaker teams like boston but if we can't beat teams like new jersey, rangers or sens, what good is making the playoffs ??

Brisbois will play with a broken foot, as per TSN Ice Chips:

Defenceman Patrice Brisebois had an MRI on his left foot Monday where doctors found two broken bones. Brisebois says he'll suck up the pain so he can play. He could rest the foot but then he'd lose his game-shape which is something he'd rather avoid. - TSN

Defenceman Patrice Brisebois had an MRI on his left foot Monday where doctors found two broken bones. Brisebois says he'll suck up the pain so he can play. He could rest the foot but then he'd lose his game-shape which is something he'd rather avoid. - TSN

who do you take out ??

you can't take a foward out to put streit there and brisebois taking his spot. gorges deserves his spot on the roster. he's way better than Brisebois.

the only reason brisebois is saying he's going to suck it up is because he knows the carpet is slipping under his feet not because he's a competitor...never been, never will.

I admire is grit, but how much of this is about his incentive clauses.

Edited by simonus

Does he think he's helping us? I don't want one of my top four defencemen playing hurt. With Streit and Gorges, we have enough to fill the whole.

:bow: No, he knows this is helping us. As the old man on defense it's Breezers role to suck up the pain and show the team what heart is.He always was a dressing room leader on this team, even though he was in the fans dog house so often. Maybe his presence on a broken foot will inspire. Funny how if he had taken time off to rehab, gone skiing to keep his legs in shape, with doctors clearance of course, he would have been bashed for it. Now we should bash him for playing through the pain? You go Breezy, show us what you are made of. :bow:

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

Once again Cat, you made an incredible game Day thread.

One thing you might wanna change is the game day line-up.

The third line will be LAtendresse - Lapierre - S. Kostitsyn

and the 4th line will be Bégin - Smolinski - Kostopoulos.

Besides that, everything is just beautiful! ;):P:D:clap: :ghg:

Oh yeah, I will also be praying to the Hockey Gods for the better part of the day. It'll take a minor miracle to walk out of Jersey with the 2 points! But what a major boost to moral that would be!

Edited by Habsfan

:bow: No, he knows this is helping us. As the old man on defense it's Breezers role to suck up the pain and show the team what heart is.He always was a dressing room leader on this team, even though he was in the fans dog house so often. Maybe his presence on a broken foot will inspire. Funny how if he had taken time off to rehab, gone skiing to keep his legs in shape, with doctors clearance of course, he would have been bashed for it. Now we should bash him for playing through the pain? You go Breezy, show us what you are made of. :bow:

You're assuming that it's worthwhile to the team for him to be in the lineup. Quite frankly, when healthy, he is expendable. What good is he injured, with a broken foot no less? How inclined is he going to be to get down and block a shot with the game on the line?

I really hope we can pull out a win and take that into the All Star break. But since it's the Devils, I think I'll go see Cloverfield tonight. :D Seriously, I do remain somewhat optimistic. If we score first, I like our chances. And Huet's gonna have to play his best game yet.

GO HABS GO!!!

When I read ice chips, it's brisebois saying he'll suck it up to play. I'm assuming he will practice and ride a bike to stay in game shape. No-way does Carbo put in a defenseman with a broken foot when he has Dandy sitting and Striet up as a forward.

Just my two cents but Breezer healthy is worrisome let alone with a broken foot.

Once again Cat, you made an incredible game Day thread.

One thing you might wanna change is the game day line-up.

The third line will be LAtendresse - Lapierre - S. Kostitsyn

and the 4th line will be Bégin - Smolinski - Lostopoulos.

Besides that, everything is just beautiful! ;):P:D:clap: :ghg:

Oh yeah, I will also be praying to the Hockey Gods for the better part of the day. It'll take a minor miracle to walk out of Jersey with the 2 points! But what a major boost to moral that would be!

Good one! That's what he is when he fights.

Edited by SAKS-AVENUE

devils will win 3-1, winner caused by briesbois

Brisebois wont be playing. carbo wont change a lineup that won their last game 8-2

Good one! That's what he is when he fights.

OOps, my mistake! I actually like Kostopoulos. Even though he doesn't win many fights, at least he's there to defend his teammates!

I will be happy with a point tongiht.

SO will I!

Let's start a new chant, to destabilize the Devils!

"Kill the Devils! Clap, clap, clapclapclap!

Kill the Devils! Clap, clap, clapclapclap!"

If we win tonight and take our 60 points to the All-Star break, I'll be completely confidant that we're for real this season and won't go through a major slump. If we lose, we probably still won't go through a major slump but I'd be less sure about it.