Game Thread | Habs vs. Devils | 24/01/08

Cataclaw

Carbo has developed a bad reputation with the nhl refs, he ought to STFU, IMHO . . . . . . .

BUT, mahn the Habs beat the Devils and Brodeur, SWEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny I should have known this sucker was in the bag. I dug out my old Theodore jersey

from the garage because he was the last guy to beat them in NJ.

Just one more superstition to add to the mix. :clap:

Please tell me you dont have a Price jersey....If so, could you lock it away until at least 3 years after he wins the Vezina?? :lol:

Please tell me you dont have a Price jersey....If so, could you lock it away until at least 3 years after he wins the Vezina?? :lol:

Not yet. Just Roy and Theo. I had a Wamsley one as a kid, hence the name.

yeah... I was drawing a specious connection between the 2007-08 squad and the 92-93 squad.

Let's not even go there, PLease! :rolleyes::D;)

I missed the first period because I thought it was a 7:30 game so I tuned in at 7:40 when the puck would drop and it was intermission :angry:

Yeah, me too. At least we didn't miss much.

It looks like all the Koivu fanboys are back to proclaim his godliness. He was good for half the game, a big improvement mind you, but he'll have to string together some solid performances before he regains his stature in my mind. Not to mention that his goal was a high stick, thankfully not disallowed.

Carbo has developed a bad reputation with the nhl refs, he ought to STFU, IMHO . . . . . . .

BUT, mahn the Habs beat the Devils and Brodeur, SWEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You base your comment about Carboneau's reputation on what? You heard from someone at a bar? From the referees? From NHL headquarters? Sports talk show hosts? How many bench penalties has he received in two years?

You base your comment about Carboneau's reputation on what? You heard from someone at a bar? From the referees? From NHL headquarters? Sports talk show hosts? How many bench penalties has he received in two years?

thib46 has a point there, JLP

A few more thoughts on last night. More and more it seems like the players are finding their roles on the team. However, it seems to me that Ryder is the next to be sent back to the pressbox. I loved how Carbo shortened his bench in the 3rd playing the guys who were bringing it the most. Ryder hardly saw the ice in the 3rd. Just can't handle the puck without losing it. S.Kostits plays with such fire and grit. Even when not scoring he is contributing physically. I remember one instance in the 3rd where he outmuscled the Devils d-man in the corner and got the puck. He is making a strong case to stay in the lineup. I think he is definitely suited to play alongside Saku and Higgins. Give them some time and they will produce. S. Kostits brings alot more to the table than Ryder. Right now i would rathere see Dandy on the right side with Laps and Lats. Komi is a beast on the ice and even contributing offensively now and then. Bouillon and Gorges becoming a dependable 3rd pairing. I've slagged the Cube plenty in the past and he does have his weak moments, but if he keeps it simple and plays limited minutes, i'm ok until one of the youngsters is ready to replace him. Gorges is young and is very mobile. Makes the odd mistake, but seems to be feeling more comfortable on the ice. Knowing he has a regular spot in the lineup has to help and i hope he is not benched once Breezer is back.

S.Kostits plays with such fire and grit. Even when not scoring he is contributing physically. I remember one instance in the 3rd where he outmuscled the Devils d-man in the corner and got the puck.

Yeah, I remember that play. It was right off the face off, and him and the Devils' player were shoving each other before the puck was dropped, then lil Teets muscles his way in and completely beats him out on the play. I agree that he would be more useful than Ryder on the first line, but who knows maybe Ryder will find some touch soon. If he doesn't I don't have much of a problem benching him, because Dandenault is more useful in the lineup. We won't get much for Ryder in a trade unless he goes on a tear, and losing him to free agency isn't that bad since it's pretty unanimous that he'll be gone anyways.

Edited by Neech