Game Thread | Habs vs. Devils | 24/01/08

Cataclaw

Go to Halak, Huet is off

Hope he gets it together, he was lost on that post and the play before it.

Comon, a perfect shot by Elias and then a tip in in the slot with 4 players in his face, find something else...

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ugh, is anyone else eagerly anticipating the day that Martin Brodeur retires? Not that he's been very good so far, its just the mentality, ugh i feel like :puke:

Brodeur's not what keeps us stuck along the boards. We only have 2 shots on goals so far...

Pena;ty to Oduya... habs on PP

Boooo...

Koivu sucks.

Comon, a perfect shot by Elias and then a tip in in the slot with 4 players in his face, find something else...

I am the wrong guy to accuse of Huet bashing, I don't. He was so lost on the play before the goal post he was still confused when it came. Not faulting him on the goal, just the almost 2nd goal. Oh and the almost first goal when he was out of position on the PK and the Devil out front missed the high pass with an open net.

He seems off to me, Roy vs Detroit off. Missed it by that much off. Been there. Like I said, hope he gets it together. Another pro-old goalie attribute, he should be able to find his timing and concentration. The zone. He wasn't in it that period. All I am saying, not attacking him.

Typical boring period against the Devils. One penalty and a bad clear by Begin and 1-0. The Habs have hardly had any shots or even a good scoring chance. Saku and Higgy gotta get going. Ryder, just cannot handle the puck. Laps line had some jump. Not a good matchup for the Habs as the Devils are shutting off any chances.

I am the wrong guy to accuse of Huet bashing, I don't. He was so lost on the play before the goal post he was still confused when it came. Not faulting him on the goal, just the almost 2nd goal. Oh and the almost first goal when he was out of position on the PK and the Devil out front missed the high pass with an open net.

He seems off to me, Roy vs Detroit off. Missed it by that much off. Been there. Like I said, hope he gets it together. Another pro-old goalie attribute, he should be able to find his timing and concentration. The zone. He wasn't in it that period. All I am saying, not attacking him.

I'd agree that Huet does look shaky in the nets. Almost gave up a goal when we was wondering out of the net again.

Man I am getting sick of Ryder.

Who is this guy saying Koivu sucks? He will be playing for the habs long after you've jumped off the bandwagon.

I've been an avid Habs fan for the past 25 of my 30 years on this Earth. I'll be driving the bandwagon long after Koivu had retired.

This season, Koivu sucks. Period. He's, probably, the most defensively inept captain in Habs history. And he just doesn't have "it" offensively this season. He doesnt have the jump to beat defenders 1-on-1 on a regular basis anymore. He'll need to make drastic ajustments, either in the way he thinks the game or in his physical conditionning.

funny, I thought I posted earlier my predictions for the game... I predicted we win 2 -1 but someone will complain about the first goal being soft. :P

I don't think Huet has been bad at all, the almost goal was a double deflection.. and it didn't go in.. he will be fine...

The problem is that the team has to start skating and shooting... or just shooting... It also wouldn't hurt to shoot from the slot with some traffic...

The only way the Habs can open up the ice is to start skating. They don't have the horses to dump and chase, but their speed and legs can expse the NJ d-men. Once they start skating, good things will happen.

I've been an avid Habs fan for the past 25 of my 30 years on this Earth. I'll be driving the bandwagon long after Koivu had retired.

This season, Koivu sucks. Period. He's, probably, the most defensively inept captain in Habs history. And he just doesn't have "it" offensively this season. He doesnt have the jump to beat defenders 1-on-1 on a regular basis anymore. He'll need to make drastic ajustments, either in the way he thinks the game or in his physical conditionning.

His game slumps for a little while (i'd blame his wingers more than him personally) and he "sucks" all of a sudden. Then He becomes the "most defensively inept captain in Habs history". When the guy was single handedly winning games for the team and carrying it on his back last season where were your snide comments then?

The best part of this is when Koivu breaks out of this mini slump (and he will) or finally gets a respectable winger he will put everything you've said to shame. But thats ok you have moved on, now that A.Kost and Plekanec have blossomed you can praise them until they too slump at which moment you will turn on them and claim they "suck" aswell. :angry:

His game slumps for a little while (i'd blame his wingers more than him personally) and he "sucks" all of a sudden. Then He becomes the "most defensively inept captain in Habs history". When the guy was single handedly winning games for the team and carrying it on his back last season where were your snide comments then?

The best part of this is when Koivu breaks out of this mini slump (and he will) or finally gets a respectable winger he will put everything you've said to shame. But thats ok you have moved on, now that A.Kost and Plekanec have blossomed you can praise them until they too slump at which moment you will turn on them and claim they "suck" aswell. :angry:

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Well, that about does it..

The Habs are not skating, they can't even move in the NJ end, but NJ can walk in and get gimmies... Lats lost him man, although there is no way he will ever catch Elias...

I know NJ hs better defense in years past, but they still have a much better defensive game then the habs ..

And if he doesn't?

Why does everybody react to criticism as "jumping off the bandwagon" or "hater"?

Koivu has sucked all year. A little while? Come on. The guy has not been the same and unfortunately

for the Habs if he matched his previous level they would probably be in 1st place in the division.

Kozed has enough respect on this board that I would never question his dedication to the Canadiens.

If 6,000 posts is a guy who jumped on the bandwagon he must have made the majority in the last 6 months

because the Habs have stunk for a long time.

I love how Koivu was the reason that Higgins and Ryder produced in the last 2 years and now it is his linemates.

Well, that about does it..

The Habs are not skating, they can't even move in the NJ end, but NJ can walk in and get gimmies... Lats lost him man, although there is no way he will ever catch Elias...

I know NJ hs better defense in years past, but they still have a much better defensive game then the habs ..

They have won in NJ 2 times in 14 years and both games were shutouts. It is not really a surprise.

They need to change their philosophy, you CAN'T outtrap the Devils. Let the kids loose and take your

chances, they aren't going to win anyway.

And if he doesn't?

Why does everybody react to criticism as "jumping off the bandwagon" or "hater"?

Koivu has sucked all year. A little while? Come on. The guy has not been the same and unfortunately

for the Habs if he matched his previous level they would probably be in 1st place in the division.

Kozed has enough respect on this board that I would never question his dedication to the Canadiens.

If 6,000 posts is a guy who jumped on the bandwagon he must have made the majority in the last 6 months

because the Habs have stunk for a long time.

I love how Koivu was the reason that Higgins and Ryder produced in the last 2 years and now it is his linemates.

They have won in NJ 2 times in 14 years and both games were shutouts. It is not really a surprise.

They need to change their philosophy, you CAN'T outtrap the Devils. Let the kids loose and take your

chances, they aren't going to win anyway.

I am not sure if Kozed gets any respect here, but I agree that to question his love of the habs is just dumb. :)

You are also right about out trapping them, they just can't do it. They need to have a fast energy game against NJ, not play to NJ's strength.

Edited by brobin

I am not sure if Kozed gets any respect here, but I agree that to question his love of the habs is just dumb. :)

You are also right about out trapping them, they just can't do it. They need to have a fast energy game against NJ, not play to NJ's strength.

This sucker is pretty much over. I will be surprised if the Habs even score.

Nice Jinx eh :)

Edited by Wamsley01