Game Thread | Habs vs. Devils | 24/01/08

Cataclaw

PLEK didnt even touch the player on that supposed penalty he stopped before! the official ASSUMED he had touched the Devils player because form what I saw the ref was behind the play!!!! BAD luck with the officiating! The guys should bust a REF on the third! heheheh just kiddin

Edited by CoRvInA

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is.

I am usually an optimistic person but this game is over 2 goal deficit in New Jersey with no one who will run Brodeur through the cross bar this one is all over.

I am still going to watch but Ite it.

I can't watch. Friends from out of town are here and we are going for dinner. JMMR watch for me. They are about to give the period of their life. The boys and Carbo are pissed with nothing to lose at this point.

I can't watch. Friends from out of town are here and we are going for dinner. JMMR watch for me. They are about to give the period of their life. The boys and Carbo are pissed with nothing to lose at this point.

I hope someone else is driving, you are in no conditions to get behind a wheel. :lol:

Actually, he led last year. Ribs beat him out one year for it. This year he is not even close... Worse, his point totals have never been something to write home about for a number 1 centre..

What is your point?

The point that you so obviously missed is even though he is not a elite superstar in the league he is still the best player the habs have and one of the best leaders in the league.

He is a captain for a reason and just because the inept management can't get a superstar centre for the first line is not a slight on Koivu it is a slight on them. If you think Koivu would refuse to give up first line centre if there was a better choice you are dreaming.

I will stupid friends eh?

The point that you so obviously missed is even though he is not a elite superstar in the league he is still the best player the habs have and one of the best leaders in the league.

He is a captain for a reason and just because the inept management can't get a superstar centre for the first line is not a slight on Koivu it is a slight on them. If you think Koivu would refuse to give up first line centre if there was a better choice you are dreaming.

I am bored with this conversation. If you had been around for the last 4 months you would realise that this has been rehased for the 100th time.

Reasons why we have a two goal deficit.

Markov missed two plays on the PP.

Higgins-Koicu and Ryder line is awful

Devils play hockey with no intention of pleasing hockeu fans, that is why their seats are

empty.

Solution? Our defensemen take some risk offensively.

Okay, so you agree he needs to be replaced at centre. Fact is, right now, he is not the number 1 centre on this team, Pleks is. Kovalev is the best player on the team. Koivu is 3rd now...

I am bored with this conversation. If you had been around for the last 4 months you would realise that this has been rehased for the 100th time.

If you are bored then you shouldnt have gotten into it, I didn't chase after you looking for an argument.

I was busy the last 4 months relaxing, now is when I wind up for the playoff run ;)

Wow Smolinski is on fire.

Jump on the Smokey wagon anyone?

I would like to, I really would. but I just can't do it. ^_^

If you are bored then you shouldnt have gotten into it, I didn't chase after you looking for an argument.

I was busy the last 4 months relaxing, now is when I wind up for the playoff run ;)

Wow Smolinski is on fire.

Maybe you should have spent the last 4 months watching Koivu play, they we wouldn't be having this debate. :lol:

I would like to, I really would. but I just can't do it. ^_^

Maybe you should have spent the last 4 months watching Koivu play, they we wouldn't be having this debate. :lol:

Bingo. I think everybody is bored of this conversation.

Okay, so you agree he needs to be replaced at centre. Fact is, right now, he is not the number 1 centre on this team, Pleks is. Kovalev is the best player on the team. Koivu is 3rd now...

I didn't say at all that he needed to be replaced. I did however say he needs a real winger to finish his chances. Koivu can play with any centre in the league when he is on but he can't do it forever on his own. Plekanec is playing great but that is because Kovalev is playing possessed. They are feeding off each other and that makes them one of the best lines in the league, neither of them are superstars and yet the line is amazing, go figure.

We need a superstar forward who doesn't need "star" players to score. A Guy who can go out and get points with WHOEVER he's playing with.......

Montreal's been missing a real big gamebreaker for years......

We need a superstar forward who doesn't need "star" players to score. A Guy who can go out and get points with WHOEVER he's playing with.......

Montreal's been missing a real big gamebreaker for years......

Yup.. if Koivu had Ovechkin people here would probably give the credit to koivu. :)

In any case, did you see the replay of the faceoff on the 5-3 that led to the goal. the linesman starts talking to Koivu, Koivu looks at him and he drops the puck.. sheesh.. that is crap..