Euro '04

dinamo

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vinne Jones once said: "Luck has nothing to do with it"

Zlatans goal was not luck. It was one of the most fantasic goals ever. Stockholm is chaotic...

Only a few players in the world can score such a goal. Zlatan has the talent. And if there was luck involved Sweden earned it.

And by the way, Trezegeaut did take the ball with his hand.

And has any of you seen wath Zidane just before he scored the penalty versus England?! Grose!

I don't know what yo say about Totti.

He spitts Poulsen in the face and get suspended for three games.

He tries to break Henriksens leg and get a yellow card.

What he did was not acceptable but I think UEFA could be a bit harder when players are actually trying to hurt each other.

Wow! What an awesome game between the Czech's and the Netherlands...

The result wasnt what I wanted, but the game was full of scoring chances and ended in a 3-2 Czech win after Netherlands came out to a 2-0 lead... After the Netherlands player (Heitenger?) got red carded I knew they were going to lose...

Heitinga got the red card. Right.

Don't know if I made myself clear, but did anyone saw that Zidane PUKED all over when he was about to take the penalty on England.

Netherlands - Czech Republic is the best game so far. Scoring chances in both directions. Nedved is great.

Catenaccio loses again. Italy, Netherlands, Spain and France have all done it.

Yeah.. now that was an entertaining soccer match.

I know the football purists will have been tearing their hair out at the defensive miscues... but for the casual fan this was the perfect game.

I have to say, that 2nd Netherlands goal should have been an off-side... I know the offside player wasn't initially part of the play so they let it go, but then him being offside is what allowed him to be wide open to finish the play off.

It's either a bad call, or the rule is flawed.

Great strike by Nedved that struck the crossbar from far out, and tremedous save by the NED keeper from point blank range at one point.

Both sides were really threatening all game long, but I though the Czechs deserved the win.

They should have been up 2-0 in the first 5 minutes, they really choked on both occasions.

@ch_nl: The goal from Zlatan was great but also pure luck ... but as I said they really deserved that point. ;)

What a game yesterday ... they Czech Republic came back from an early 2-0 deficit and WHAT a great goal by the Ostrava-Maradonna, Milan Baros. Such a cool goal, woohoo. :o:clap:

habsfannr1: The one thing that was luck was that Vieri didn't clear the ball.

Two players in the history can be that cool. Marco Van Basten and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

We have seen him do those crazy things in practice and that's his way to play soccer. And it wasn't luck.

Czech-Holland game was one of the best matchs I've ever seen.

Damn Portguesse got threw. Hopefully the English or French kick their ass back to their neutral country.

Go Bulgaria! Knock the Italians out tomorrow. The whole world is cheering for you!

England wins... onto round-2 for them... Rooney is one hell of a player.

Btw: I'm not an England hater for anyone wondering... I just enjoyed watching them collapse to the French, I'm indifferent to both teams. That game was just hilarious :D

Rooney is amazing yes, seemed ineffective for the first 40 minutes then comes through with an amazing shot at the end of the first half and adds another in the second. He could lead the tourney in scoring at age 18!

England will have a tough test with Portugal now in the quarters.

Hrvati....what the hell have you done?????

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

damit

showed no desire, no will, no heart

dam Kovalev rejected Gaineys offer too

might not be any hockey for a long while

Best of luck to all the remaining teams in the tourney

:( :puke: :( :puke:

Portugal is overated, just like the Italians.

I'd much rather play them then Greece, who will be this tourny's South Korea.

Since Sven Eriksson took over as coach, England has only lost two games. Both to the top two teams in the world so I don't think they're overly worried about the 22nd ranked team.

Plus England will not have to deal with the home crowd portugese fans as much as other teams, as they have the most and loudest fans of any ive seen in the tourney.

Does anyone think there was actually a conspiracy? I don't but it is rather coincidental that the score was predicted at 2-2 and the final goal could have been played better by the goalkeeper. One thing that goes against it is the chances the Danes had in the final few minutes, i don't think they would have made it that close if there was a conspiracy.

Come on. Think again Qubecois. It was the Danes and the Swedes. The most uncorrupted nations in the world.

The game was close, and 2-2 was a fair result.

But I bet that Italian media will tell you that it was. But really. Everyone that saw the game knows that it was fair play.

Hey i agree completely, read my post again. I was just wondering if anyone out there though that there actually was a fix.

I think an argument could be presented that there was, but i don't believe there was in anyway a conspiracy to eliminate Italy.