Game Thread: Ottawa @ Montreal, Feb 5

simonus

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Game starts at 7:30 on RDS and nhl.tv

This thread will be merged into Cataclaw's game thread if necessary.

GO HABS GO

4 pt game!

per Habs I/O: Hamrlik out with the flu. Brisebois to take his place.

I really had high hopes Brisebois would help in a small way this year, but the blunder the other day was the worst. I felt bad for him on the bench while everyone was booing but geez....that just blows. Why don't they just put Dandy down and replace a forward?

Well, it's a big game hopefully we'll hold it together.

GOHABSGO!!!!!

Gerber is 7-1-0 against the Habs in his last 8 starts...that worries me somewhat....

Only reason I'm not worried is that this team can smell Senator blood in the water and I hope they attack the wounded Sens

like a pack of hungry piranhas!!!!

A few quick Notes:

Drive for 25 (goals that is) is alive for Kovalev

Plex is one point away from surpassing his career high (47)

Komisarek is 1 fight away from 5 on the season

Kostopoulos has 7 fights on the season...hopefully 8 tonight vs Neil

Higgins is 4 points away from passing his career high (38...surprising Isn't it?)

GO HABS GO :hlogo:

PROBLEM

I've been having PC difficulties as of late and now i'm forced to use my laptop for a bit, i'm going to try to make the thread from my backups on my web server, but it'll take me some 20-30 minutes..

This always happens at the worst times.

In the meantime...

GO HABS GO

:hlogo:

These games will decide whether we play a team like the islanders or a team like the flyers in the first round.

Very important we play the FULL 60 minutes.

Gah Brisebois to replace Hamrlik is terrible news, Breezeby is absolutly terrible.

Edited by OneSharpMarble

This should be a good tilt. I fully expect the Sens to come out flying after their closed-door meeting yesterday. Hopefully Breezer is up to the challenge. :rolleyes:

From what I've seen of the Sens recently, we'll have to contain Fisher's speed and stay out of the penalty box to take advantage of them. Our balanced attack should help take them out. Get to Gerber early, and this one is ours.

GO HABS GO!!!

This is a Stanley Cup finalist we're talking about. Knocking them off their pedistal, even when they're wounded, is a tall order. I just hope people realize that and don't turn on les boys if we don't win. :hockey:

What I really want is a spirited effort from this terrific young team of ours. They need to bounce back from that dismal collapse in NY.

This is a Stanley Cup finalist we're talking about. Knocking them off their pedistal, even when they're wounded, is a tall order. I just hope people realize that and don't turn on les boys if we don't win. :hockey:

What I really want is a spirited effort from this terrific young team of ours. They need to bounce back from that dismal collapse in NY.

If we play them as physical as we played the Rangers I think the SEns are gonna be begging to get outta this one.

That game really shocked me to see the Habs stand toe to toe with the rangers and not back down.

If we play them as physical as we played the Rangers I think the SEns are gonna be begging to get outta this one.

That game really shocked me to see the Habs stand toe to toe with the rangers and not back down.

Well, it's a myth that we're a soft team or a small one. Komisarek alone does more damage than 99% of NHLers. Add to that the skilled-yet-robust Kostytins, the imposing Hamrlik, the willing-to-pay-the-price Higgins, gritty guys like Kostopolous and Begin, the startlingly strong Kovalev - put it all together, we're not pansies anymore.

Like You said, if the boys give it their best effort, I don't think many wil complain. It's when they don't give their best effort that we complain.

Hopefully, the Boys will come out flying tonight! Kill the hens while they are wounded!

Edited by Habsfan

Well, it's a myth that we're a soft team or a small one. Komisarek alone does more damage than 99% of NHLers. Add to that the skilled-yet-robust Kostytins, the imposing Hamrlik, the willing-to-pay-the-price Higgins, gritty guys like Kostopolous and Begin, the startlingly strong Kovalev - put it all together, we're not pansies anymore.

Add to this roster a guy like O'Byrne who could help out Komisarek in the "dealing out some punishment" department, and we could become abusers, and not abusees!! :clap:

The only place we are small is down the middle. The Habs still need a big Forward up front(a cetre preferably, but a winger would do the job) before they can win anything of importance!

Yeah, plus Latendresse and Lapierre throw their weight around, and Bouillon can be a bruiser. Even Plekanec, a little guy, plays an effective physical game when needed. We don't fight, but we're a tough team within the rules of the game.

I just want to see a good effort out the boys this game. Man, a lot has changed since we played them last, they seemed like an impregnable powerhouse and our team would be lucky to be in the game. Now they've been on the ropes and the Habs have shown grit and character that make me believe we have a chance no matter who we play.

So Ryder and Hamrlik are out for tonights game huh?

Could be interesting.

Ryder is definitely out for tonight? Man you gotta feel bad for the guy, nothing is going right this year for him. A change of scenery is probably just what he needs to get back on track.

Ryder is definitely out for tonight? Man you gotta feel bad for the guy, nothing is going right this year for him. A change of scenery is probably just what he needs to get back on track.

Ryder will sit and Hamrlik was sent home from practise with flu-like symptoms and is unlikely as well.....this according to Pat Hichey.

Ryder will sit and Hamrlik was sent home from practise with flu-like symptoms and is unlikely as well.....this according to Pat Hichey.

Heh, Carbo should dress Hamrlik and just have him skate back and forth by the Sens bench coughing and burping like Guerin, for a couple of shifts then give him the rest of the night off.

Heh, Carbo should dress Hamrlik and just have him skate back and forth by the Sens bench coughing and burping like Guerin, for a couple of shifts then give him the rest of the night off.

Just get him a seat behind the Sens bench, he can breath through the slots between the pieces of glass.