Game Thread: Ottawa @ Montreal, Feb 5

simonus

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From Mike Boone's blog over at HabsInsideOut.com:

I feel so bad for him. He has such a good attitude, and he knows what he has to do. He just can't seem to do it. It's sad to see a one trick pony forget how to do his one trick! :(

CKAC guys who covered morning skate marvelled at Michael Ryder, good-humoured and, as always, cooperative with the media.

The guy must be dyin' on the inside.

I doubt he is.

I dont think he is the smartest guy and I he seems really easy going. I bet he has a great time in the press box.

I expect montreal to go with a killer instinct after sunday's meltdown. I komi can do a good job on spezza and we pressure fisher, we should be okay !!

Heh, Carbo should dress Hamrlik and just have him skate back and forth by the Sens bench coughing and burping like Guerin, for a couple of shifts then give him the rest of the night off.

I second that motion. Biological warfare rules !

I dont think he is the smartest guy and I he seems really easy going. I bet he has a great time in the press box.

Lol, was that a "Newfie" joke? :P

Edited by brboo

I expect montreal to go with a killer instinct after sunday's meltdown. I komi can do a good job on spezza and we pressure fisher, we should be okay !!

And have AK do his " Gordie Howe " on Neil.

In the "Price Estimate?" TSN Article, anybody understand the 50 games that have to be played statement by Rollie. Whats that al about. Kind of caught Cary by surprise too.

"lf manager Bob Gainey) decides to call him back up, we have to give him some games," Melanson told the Montreal paper. "By the end of the season, he has to have 50 games (both the NHL and AHL combined) under his belt."

That's news to Price, who's played 29 total AHL and NHL games and would need to start 21 of the Montreal's 29 remaining games to fulfill such a plan. And with the way Huet has been playing, those numbers appear to be unattainable.

"He (Melanson) hasn't talked to me about anything like that," said Price. "I haven't had a chance to talk to management yet, but (like I said at the beginning of the year) I'm sure they have a plan, and now that I'm back, I'm sure I'll see some action now."

No Hammy worries me, as Marky and Komi must play even more. Maybe have to split those two up. Can't have "Streit and Breezer, and they should only play 12-15 minutes each. The way Bouillon and Gorges have been playing lately maybe give them a few more miinutes and see how they handle it. Would love to see how Gorges handles 20 minutes of icetime.

In the "Price Estimate?" TSN Article, anybody understand the 50 games that have to be played statement by Rollie. Whats that al about. Kind of caught Cary by surprise too.

"lf manager Bob Gainey) decides to call him back up, we have to give him some games," Melanson told the Montreal paper. "By the end of the season, he has to have 50 games (both the NHL and AHL combined) under his belt."

That's news to Price, who's played 29 total AHL and NHL games and would need to start 21 of the Montreal's 29 remaining games to fulfill such a plan. And with the way Huet has been playing, those numbers appear to be unattainable.

"He (Melanson) hasn't talked to me about anything like that," said Price. "I haven't had a chance to talk to management yet, but (like I said at the beginning of the year) I'm sure they have a plan, and now that I'm back, I'm sure I'll see some action now."

That was bizarre.. perhaps he meant that they wanted Huet to reach 50 games?

The only other conclusion is that Price will spend more of the season in the AHL and just get occassional call ups.

Anyone see Hossa jersey's yet in Montreal?

I love that commercial for NHL.com

The guys getting beers, one guy looks at the other guys jersey and say's "Hey that guy doesn't play for us'' The guy turns around and says "He will by 10:45 tonight"

Good stuff I tell ya.....Good stuff!!!

Alright, I'm pouring a vodka shot for Ryder and myself. Who needs one?

Thanks, but I have my jager.

the kid has guts.

Yeah, but he is getting me in trouble. How can "teaching" your son about the wonders of the greatest team in hockey history be considered "brain washing"?

:rolleyes:

It's weird how you talk in the third person like that. :blink:

No we don't! :lol: