Game Thread: Ottawa @ Montreal, Feb 5

simonus

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't speak french.. but my guess is that carbo is saying this in the interview...

"I just crapped my pants on that goal"

Gainey is thinking...

"that is going to cost me a lot of money if they keep it up..."

Kovalev gave a great interview and made the perfect point.. they have to play for 60 minutes. They stopped working in the last game, and they got burned.

I hope he follows throught tonight because the Sens are not going away.

Guy should give Kovy/Plex/BigTitz as much icetime as they want tonight...they are on fire. Cut Koivu and Higgins's minutes to get our NUMBER ONE LINE more ice...they are wasted minutes anyways for the most part.

Good Overall first period(if we forget about Bouillon's mistake).

Hopefully the Kovy-Plex-BigTits line will play 25 minutes tonight. They look like they are on fire!

Keep it up boys.

That was some very entertaining hockey.

I don't think the Ottawa goal was Cube's fault. Huet put him in a very difficult position with that pass.

I can't believe the pace to the game. It sure is fun to watch.

I agree. Huet passed to him when he wasn't skating, with 2 guys to worry about. Huet, might not have had better options, but our guys in front should have picked up their man.

I am afraid it is Higgins too, imo. :(

They should be broken up... Noticed on that 2-on-2 when Koivu had the puck and Higgins was with him neither of them seemed to know what to do... They think too much and try the perfect play.

Problem is all other lines are doing well.

Watch the replay, Huet had no good options but to give it to Cube. Cube had full control, he could have reversed it easily. He took it, and was looking up ice for a breakout pass when he got his pocket picked. He should have known he had no time.

I do agree that the coverage in front of the net was brutal. Huet made the initial save, how come only the Sens were ready to pounce on the puck???

I should add, I don't think any of it was really bad, just a defensive breakdown.

Edited by brobin