Game Thread | Habs vs. Evil Incarnate | 07/02/08

Cataclaw

I'll tell you this much: this team steps back a notch when Hamrlik is not in the lineup. This guy may get criticized for the lack of flashy offence, but he's almost as important as Markov to our team D.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell you this much: this team steps back a notch when Hamrlik is not in the lineup. This guy may get criticized for the lack of flashy offence, but he's almost as important as Markov to our team D.

Sorry, I like that insight so much I thought I'd post it twice :lol:

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

This is the best post ever. Makes me feel like I was there!!!!!

Thanks Neech

Hey thanks!!!

But I wasn't there. :)

Good morning Ladies!

Was at the game last night. I've got no voice left...i screamed "Leafs Suck" and "six-ty-se-ven" all night long!

Haha, good job. Even if they lost that must have been such an exciting game to be at. The Kovalev goal kind of reminded me of that Rivet goal on Theodore coming out of the penalty box in terms of awesomeness.

Once again the Plex-Kovy-Kosty line provided all our offense. Allthough Kosty had some problems, but he's playing so well lately, everyone is allowed one bad game in a while.

Yeah, I don't really fault him for our loss. I was just suggesting that maybe Carbo could put Latendresse on the PP because Kosty wasn't doing much there, and Lats could be a bigger presence in front of the net.

Habs lost on purpose last night they are long term thinkers.

Montreal does not want Toronto in the basement.

Yeah, I was kind of hoping for OT so both teams would get points, and hopefully Toronto goes on a run and manages to finish 10th.

Yeah, I was kind of hoping for OT so both teams would get points, and hopefully Toronto goes on a run and manages to finish 10th.

Yeah or 9th I would be very happy.

As long as the Habs are top 6.

Hey thanks!!!

But I wasn't there. :)

Oh well, it still made me feel like I was .

Habs lost on purpose last night they are long term thinkers.

Montreal does not want Toronto in the basement.

You're probably right considering Saks was already on his way to the bench and taking his skates off while Markov was giving him the puck with time on the clock.

It's all part of the Master plan!

Oh well, it still made me feel like I was .

You're probably right considering Saks was already on his way to the bench and taking his skates off while Markov was giving him the puck with time on the clock.

It's all part of the Master plan!

Yep and Brisebois with more ice time than Komisarek.

He is a very solid defensman and can move the puck well, we might have overpaid a little for him but he was one of Gaineys better pickups.

Yep, Streit and Brisby were brutal last night. Although Brisby through a nice hit. I thought Price was very solid, can't blame him on any goals . He kept them in during the first and second.

Unfortunately this team is currently a 1 trick pony. If the Pleks line doesn't win it, know one will. They were very good again.

defensive zone was brutal. All the D were pretty bad. Gorges I thought was a standout on the good side.

The reasons are pretty simple why the Leafs beat the habs:

work ethic, physical play and they forecheck the D into turnovers.

So i'm hoping Hamrlik gets back Saturday and the Habs pick up the 60 minute effort again.

I saw the habs picked up Trotter from DU. I will check up on him if i can, i live in denver so there should be something on him.

I think Carbo needs to stick to those lines when everyone is healthy and let them devlop chemistry!

A Kost - Plekanec - Kovalev

Higgins - Koivu - Ryder

Latendresse - Lapierre - S Kost

Bégin - Smolinski - Kostopoulos

Markov - Komisarek

Harmlik - Streit

Bouillon - Gorges

Huet

No more Brisebois please! He was just horrible on the 2nd Leaf goal :puke:

Two games. One versus the Sens, and one versus the Leafs.

One win. Pretty much what could be expected... But it's always harder to lose to Toronto. But they can't lose every night.