Montreal F1 Grand Prix...

puck7x

Practice was today...

Sato dominated in his BAR-HONDA (Gotta feel bad for JV... BAR finally has a decent car) ... Alonso was 2nd, and Michael 3rd... Qualifying goes tomorrow.

In the Ferrari challange event practice Patrice Brisebois had the 11th fastest time, qualifying with that also goes tomorrow, with the race also on Sunday... Go Brisebois!

Anyone else besides me still follow F1? Its kind of boring and predictable (Schumi always wins) but I still tune in.

Good news for us JV fans ... <a href="http://www.rds.ca/cgi-bin/nouvelles?site=rdw&action=4&SPODIR=information&sport=#102836">Williams is interested</a>

Lets hope something gets worked out and he's back in a car for 2005... He's not THAT old really, only 33, Michael is 35 and look how dominating he is.

So far in qualifying today Button is ahead of everyone else, about halfway through...

Edit: Ralph beats Jenson's time, and gets the pole for Sundays race... Button is 2nd, Trulli 3rd.

[Edited on 2004-6-12 by puck7x]

Originally posted by sakiqc

Pretty exciting qualif. Funny to see BAR rule.. with Jacques Villeneuve away. I guess Button will win tomorrow

Trulli will win tomorrow. The BAR's will have mechanic problems, wouldnt surprise me to see their new engines blow up...

Originally posted by puck7x
Originally posted by sakiqc

Pretty exciting qualif. Funny to see BAR rule.. with Jacques Villeneuve away. I guess Button will win tomorrow

Trulli will win tomorrow. The BAR's will have mechanic problems, wouldnt surprise me to see their new engines blow up...

Well... That was a very horrible prediction. Trulli barely got off the grid, retired on first lap. lol

Michael wins again, surprise, surprise...

Brisebois finished 13th in his race... <a href="http://www.rds.ca/cgi-bin/nouvelles?site=rdw&action=4&SPODIR=information&sport=#102923">LINK!</a>

[Edited on 2004-6-13 by puck7x]

Williams & Toyota were disqualified from the race for illegal cooling system for their brakes.

So it's a 1-2 Ferrari with Button 3rd.

Still boring as hell, most exciting part was the mechanic getting run down.

The most celebrated non-event I've ever seen, what a joke.

Apparently there were NO celebs in town for the race this year... I think it has a lot to do with the race being in doubt for so long, made other plans.

Or maybe they're sick of this sad sport as well... nah they usually come for the parties, not the race.

I think the worst thing is that Schumacher never even had to make an on track pass for the lead. Wee...it was kinda interesting seeing Barichello on Schumi's tail for a few laps before Rubens ultimately made his pit stop.

Originally posted by huzer

I think the worst thing is that Schumacher never even had to make an on track pass for the lead. Wee...it was kinda interesting seeing Barichello on Schumi's tail for a few laps before Rubens ultimately made his pit stop.

It was quite obvious they played around with each other there for show only... there was no way in hell Barichello would get the green light to pass Schumi even if he happened to have the better car.

Which is why every Schumi record is tainted IMO... he's a just a paper champion to me.

Originally posted by Habs77

It was quite obvious they played around with each other there for show only... there was no way in hell Barichello would get the green light to pass Schumi even if he happened to have the better car.

Which is why every Schumi record is tainted IMO... he's a just a paper champion to me.

I'm actually more interested in Constructors than the individual driver. As long as Ferrari keeps things going, I'm a happy camper. I've followed Ferrari for a long time (since the days of Lauda/Regazzoni/Reutemann/etc) so I'm not a bandwagon fan, either.

• 2 weeks later...

F1 used to be good....now it's laughable, boring and a waste of time....and F1 knows it too....they're in deep trouble....time to fix F1

a friend of mine had dinner at a ranch near my house the other night....there were 11 people there.....he was introduced to a few people he didn't know.....one of the guys was a foreigner there to check on his horses which are bred & trained on this ranch....

my buddy never realized that he had dinner with Micheal Schmacher!!!!!

GO NASCAR!!!