Brisebois to Crap for this Organization

Habsfan84

26 games left with Brisebois, then he'll retire. We won't have to worry about him fv.cking up at the blue line anymore!

Edited by Habsfan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find he's pretty much invisible nowadays which I have no problem with. I don't think he's cost us any games, he's doing all he can and as long as he isn't hurting the team (which I don't think he is), I'm fine having him in the roster.

Jorges GP 36 G 0 A 4 Pts 4 -4 Pim 17 PP 0 Shots 25 pct 0

Breezy GP 33 G2 A 6 Pts 8 -5 Pim 24 PP 2 Shots 37 pct 5.4

And you want Gorges over him. All I hear is praise for Gorges and bitching about Breezer but their stats are just about equal. Please explain this, or start a thread of how crap for the team Gorges is because he is no better, actually stat wise much worse as he doesn't even contribute on the PP. But yeah, I know, a bunch of you have a bone on for the guy. I just don't get it and either did the Sharks.

And you want Gorges over him. All I hear is praise for Gorges and bitching about Breezer but their stats are just about equal. Please explain this, or start a thread of how crap for the team Gorges is because he is no better, actually stat wise much worse as he doesn't even contribute on the PP. But yeah, I know, a bunch of you have a bone on for the guy. I just don't get it and either did the Sharks.

I'm not in the Gorges camp, but I will say that he's more of a physical force than Breezer and he's yet to reach his potential. It is unfair to say that he doesn't contribute on the PP... I'm sure he'd be better statistically if he was granted the chance to consistently play on the PP. Finally, I feel that in my opinion Gorges has stepped up more than Brisebois in the absence of Hamrlik.

I am guilty as the next for blaming Breezer for our troubles, but really.... no single person is to blame. Our boys are failing as a team, and hopefully it's only a matter of time before they right the ship. I have a feeling that it will coincide with Hammer's return.

This kind of comment makes me think you haven't been watching the games. Gorges has been decent in the last month or two, not stellar but solid. He's really cut down on the blunders that he's kind of known for, and he's had a few very strong games. He plays physical, competes, and manages to win battles. Brisebois, on the other hand, is useless. He had maybe ten decent games at the beginning of the year, but now he just turns the puck over, forgets to cover his man, or loses a battle for the puck. He is a significantly weaker player than Gorges. That's pretty bad, because Gorges is a #6 defenseman, and that would put Brisebois at around 9 or 10. He sucks.

I'm not in the Gorges camp, but I will say that he's more of a physical force than Breezer and he's yet to reach his potential. It is unfair to say that he doesn't contribute on the PP... I'm sure he'd be better statistically if he was granted the chance to consistently play on the PP. Finally, I feel that in my opinion Gorges has stepped up more than Brisebois in the absence of Hamrlik.

I am guilty as the next for blaming Breezer for our troubles, but really.... no single person is to blame. Our boys are failing as a team, and hopefully it's only a matter of time before they right the ship. I have a feeling that it will coincide with Hammer's return.

Agreed....

And 90% of the fans will think it is something else that did it.

Hamrlik back for the panthers game?

???

Gorges is one of the VERY FEW Habs on the team who win their battles along the boards. Keep your eye on him, he goes into the corners with players twice his size and comes out with the puck most of the time. He's our best defenceman in his own zone after the big three. I couldn't be more happy with this guy's play, and let's not forget that he's younger than O'Byrne who is still only just learning how to be an NHL player.

I'm also satisfied with Brisebois thoough. He's our #8 defenceman, that's it - he provides depth, leadership and a bit of offensive ability for the second PP unit, if ever Streit or someone gets injured. He hasn't been doing much but did we ever expect him to? He came in with low expectations, a low position on the depth chart and a low salary - he's doing his job.

Much rather have Gorges in there instead of Breezer.

Agreed! Let's not forget that Gorges is 13-14 years younger than Breezer. Josh has room to imrpove, Breezer can only get worse!

I'm also satisfied with Brisebois thoough. He's our #8 defenceman, that's it - he provides depth, leadership and a bit of offensive ability for the second PP unit,

You're kidding right? He has 2 goals all season and 2 points on the PP, qnd we can now call that "a bit of offensive ability"?

Ten years ago, when we said somebody had some offensive ability, he would score 25-30 goals. Today if a d-man scores 2 goals we say he has offensive ability?

I agree that Breezer can make a good first pass, but that' about all he can do well.

Edited by Habsfan

Gorges doesn't play on PP. Brisby has most of his points on the PP. So that's the point total. Gorges also hustles, hits and sticks up for his team mates. Brisby does none of those things.

As BTH points out he also is 22. wins more battles then most including Markov, who hasn't been that good in his own end.

Wow, i didn't know he only had a few PP points

Agreed! Let's not forget that Gorges is 13-14 years younger than Breezer. Josh has room to imrpove, Breezer can only get worse!

You're kidding right? He has 2 goals all season and 2 points on the PP, qnd we can now call that "a bit of offensive ability"?

Ten years ago, when we said somebody had some offensive ability, he would score 25-30 goals. Today if a d-man scores 2 goals we say he has offensive ability?

I agree that Breezer can make a good first pass, but that' about all he can do well.

I mean he's an offensive-minded player. He's a more clever passer than most other defenceman. If one of our offensive guys gets injured, he's a logical replacement for the PP. Who else would it be? Bouillon? Komisarek doesn't get PP time (maybe he should be given a chance but Carbo is happy with him in a completely defensive role).

Komisarek doesn't get PP time (maybe he should be given a chance but Carbo is happy with him in a completely defensive role).

I think that in time, Komi could become just as good as Breezer on the PP.

Edited by Habsfan

Gorges doesn't play on PP. Brisby has most of his points on the PP. So that's the point total. Gorges also hustles, hits and sticks up for his team mates. Brisby does none of those things.

As BTH points out he also is 22. wins more battles then most including Markov, who hasn't been that good in his own end.

Wow, i didn't know he only had a few PP points

He just reminds me of a young Breezer everytime I see him, that is all, his puck movement is the worst on our defence. Yes he wins battles on the boards, only to turn it back over on p-poor passes. Alot like Breezer. I consider the 2 very equally inept. I would still rather Dandy over either of them on the point. Maybe he will grow into a solid reliable defenceman, but development should not be done in the NHL. His coverage in his zone stinks.

Stats now

Jorges GP 38 G 0 A 4 Pts 4 -5 Pim 19 PP 0 Shots 26 pct 0

Breezy GP 35 G2 A 6 Pts 8 -5 Pim 24 PP 2 Shots 37 pct 5.3

They get closer to being equal each game. I said way back when, like November when a bunch wanted him to have more ice time that once he did his then -1 would slide, it has. Oh, and don't say you can't judge a d-man by his +/-, it is as important a stat as goalies save percentage.

Well i won't make excuses for Gorges but he has paid on his wrong side quit a bit. He is solid with Bouillon when paired together.

I think he is alot better then Brisbois, that guy looks actually scared to be out there.

Well i won't make excuses for Gorges but he has paid on his wrong side quit a bit. He is solid with Bouillon when paired together.

I think he is alot better then Brisbois, that guy looks actually scared to be out there.

I think all of Habs faithful can agree with that. Gorges has been a pleasent surprise this year.

I think all of Habs faithful can agree with that. Gorges has been a pleasent surprise this year.

Yes.

He is a bottom paring defender.

He is not affraid to take the hit to make the play infact that is something he is great at.

He defends his team mates and is always on of the first in a scuffle.

He keeps his game simple and makes very few unforced errors.

Yes.

He is a bottom paring defender.

He is not affraid to take the hit to make the play infact that is something he is great at.

He defends his team mates and is always on of the first in a scuffle.

He keeps his game simple and makes very few unforced errors.

I agree with all of that, except that he still makes pretty many errors. He's getting better though.

He really does take the hit to make the play, and he gets up like it was nothing. He's been rocked pretty bad a few times this year. I definitely feel good about him being a number 6 D-man on our team, the pairing of him and Bouillon are a pretty solid bottom pairing, and when Hamrlik's back then we have three solid pairings. That's something that we haven't been able to say in Montreal in a while.

I'm very happy with the progress of Gorges. When he was stuck in the pressbox earlier in the year, I was in the minority stating that he should get a chance to play. Not just once in a while, but let the kid play a string of games. Since he has gotten into the lineup, he has shown us that he is mobile, will take a hit, and can be a solid 5th or 6th d-man. Remember the kid is still young. He's got a couple of years experience and he's still in his early 20's. I'd have to agree that when paired with Bouillon, they have been a solid 3rd pairing. Playing about 15 minutes, i have rarely seen those 2 scored upon. And I am not the biggest Bouillon fan by any means. Soon his spot will be taken by one of the Habs younger d'man in the system.

Back to Gorges, rather see him in the lineup than Breezer any day of the week. Give Gorges about 15 to 17 minutes a game and he'll be a solid guy on the 3rd pairing.

I'm very happy with the progress of Gorges. When he was stuck in the pressbox earlier in the year, I was in the minority stating that he should get a chance to play. Not just once in a while, but let the kid play a string of games. Since he has gotten into the lineup, he has shown us that he is mobile, will take a hit, and can be a solid 5th or 6th d-man. Remember the kid is still young. He's got a couple of years experience and he's still in his early 20's. I'd have to agree that when paired with Bouillon, they have been a solid 3rd pairing. Playing about 15 minutes, i have rarely seen those 2 scored upon. And I am not the biggest Bouillon fan by any means. Soon his spot will be taken by one of the Habs younger d'man in the system.

Back to Gorges, rather see him in the lineup than Breezer any day of the week. Give Gorges about 15 to 17 minutes a game and he'll be a solid guy on the 3rd pairing.

Good post. AS far as Gorges is concerned, I think it's obvious he has earned Carbo's respect. The kid still does commit a few mistakes,but that's OKL, he's learning. I find he makes fewermistakes than Breezer. In anycase, next year our defensive core will look something like

1- Markov-Komi

2- Hamrlik-O'Byrne

3- Bouillon- Gorges

Streit will be the 7th d-man or he'll play in front!

I wouldn'r rule out Emelin, if BG can get him signed i doubt it will be in Hamilton. So Maybe someone gets moved in the offseason.

I don't know if Emelin is a LD or RD.

I was thinking the same thing. I am excited to see him play, we could use a guy with a nasty streak.