Will a Trade make the Habs a legitimate 2008

HabsWEST

You think Jokinen would cause Shit with Koivu are you kidding me?

I dunno, maybe he meant crazy Finnish hijinks? :blink:

I think that those two would go together like PB and J.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do I

remember when Koivu gave up his all star spot a few years back remember who he gave it to?

I thikn what he meant was that Koivu would have to give up his spot as number 2 Centre to Jokinen. I don'T know if Koivu would accept that. Maybe Jokinen would be willing to play on the wing?

My gut feeling is that Koivu and Jokinen would not get along. I think Jokinen would try to take right over before long, and Koivu would resent it. Finns are a hard-headed proud bunch. This would be 2 alpha dogs going at it.

?

Yep, those Finns, they're all so predictable. Can't put two of them in the same room. :rolleyes:

These guys took an underdog Olympic team to the gold-medal game. Koivu is already seeing Plex take over as the centre on the number 1 line. He's a good leader, and part of what that means is doing the best for the team. I don't think he'd resent any good player joining the team, and if it was another Finn that would be plus if anything.

ok what I see here that I'm sure Gainey is looking closely at is where to fit this new forward.

We are clear on one thing, if Gainey does get an Impact forward he will be playing in the Koivu line, correct?

Ok of the 4 big names mentioned Tanguay, hossa, Sundin and Jokinen only Hossa has played as a RW.

I'm sure all 4 players could play RW if need be, but only Hossa and Tanguay wont pressure Koivu in giving up the centre position and moving him to the wing.

Now if a natural Centre forward is acquired, the chance of having to shuffle the line and all the players is in play. But having said that, the option also lies in the possibility of having 3 top 2 centres. its a gamble, but we are also wanting hopefully to get more than a rental player (only Tanguay and Jokinen would not be rentals in theory) so if it turns out to be an impact centre could we move Koivu to the left or right or on the third line? It will depend of course how and with whom does this impact player fit in with best

if we get a winger only two posibilities:

Higgins/impact.F. - Koivu - Ryder/Impact F./S. Kosty

if we get a natural centre then its multiple scenarios will allow for a lot of juggling perhaps too late for that but it might give us more depth and piss off certain players such as Higgins/Koivu

A. Kosty-Plek-Kovy

Koivu/Higgins/Impact C. - Koivu/Impact C. - Koivu/Impact C./S. Kosty/Ryder

Lats/Higgins - Koivu/Lapierre - S Kosty/Lapierre/Dandy/Smol/Ryder

Edited by CoRvInA