Question/Answer Thread

Habsfan84

I'm watching appollo 13 and there's a dude not in the shuttle and not named gary sinise...who is that guy ??

No Idea

Why do people always use a Tomato as the example of a fruit that everyone thinks is a vegetable since the rule goes that if a vegetable has seeds its a fruit. Arent there many other veggies with seeds.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Idea

Why do people always use a Tomato as the example of a fruit that everyone thinks is a vegetable since the rule goes that if a vegetable has seeds its a fruit. Arent there many other veggies with seeds.

I don't think that rule exists. I think it's just that vegetables grow from the ground and fruits from trees...

Why do the Habs suck?

No, the seed rule is what helps classify some food as a fruit. The difference is that vegetable isn't a botanical term whereas fruit is. Cucumbers, squashes, those are all considered fruit as well. The difference in the terms though is where the confusion comes from.

And to answer your question, because Chara is a man-beast

Will Matt Duchene be as good as Jonathan Toews? (because I really hope so)

• 12 years later...
On 4/19/2009 at 12:31 AM, jetsniper said:

No, the seed rule is what helps classify some food as a fruit. The difference is that vegetable isn't a botanical term whereas fruit is. Cucumbers, squashes, those are all considered fruit as well. The difference in the terms though is where the confusion comes from.

And to answer your question, because Chara is a man-beast

Will Matt Duchene be as good as Jonathan Toews? (because I really hope so)

(I ended up in this thread after searching my email for something completely unrelated, didn't find what I was looking for, but found something that made me do a search for something else on here. Gotta love internet rabbit holes.)

Anyways, Matt Duchene will have flashes of greatness, but his career will largely be marked by mediocrity. I'm not cheating by answering a 12 year old question at all.

Question to anyone who wants to answer: Who do you despise more - Zdeno Chara or Mark Scheifele?

Question to anyone who remembers him: Does anyone else wonder what ever became of Pierre the Great?

On 6/5/2021 at 9:40 AM, Fanpuck33 said:

(I ended up in this thread after searching my email for something completely unrelated, didn't find what I was looking for, but found something that made me do a search for something else on here. Gotta love internet rabbit holes.)

Anyways, Matt Duchene will have flashes of greatness, but his career will largely be marked by mediocrity. I'm not cheating by answering a 12 year old question at all.

Question to anyone who wants to answer: Who do you despise more - Zdeno Chara or Mark Scheifele?

Question to anyone who remembers him: Does anyone else wonder what ever became of Pierre the Great?

I use  "Free PTG" on this site once or twice a year just to mess with Brian. :D

4 hours ago, JoeLassister said:

Lot of former members we've lost over time.

Jetsniper (because he got caught cheating)

BTH

PTG

JLP

Colin

And we can't forget Maca/Psycing. Even his social media is all gone. He had a website a while back and teased an article about his time in HWL, but it never came. 

I knew jetsniper didn't leave in good terms, but I couldn't for the life of me remember the situation. I assume HWL related cheating, like KoZed?

Colin still pops on and posts once or twice a year. All while ignoring my PMs. Jerk!

simonus is another one I wonder about.

Or puck7x, co-founder of the site.

16 hours ago, Fanpuck33 said:

And we can't forget Maca/Psycing. Even his social media is all gone. He had a website a while back and teased an article about his time in HWL, but it never came. 

I knew jetsniper didn't leave in good terms, but I couldn't for the life of me remember the situation. I assume HWL related cheating, like KoZed?

Colin still pops on and posts once or twice a year. All while ignoring my PMs. Jerk!

simonus is another one I wonder about.

Or puck7x, co-founder of the site.

What about Streamer ?

8 hours ago, dlbalr said:

He left when HWL disbanded.  I'm in a pool with him as well but he hasn't been on here in ages.

Just checked the email addresses in the H2H league... Why did I think the Alex in that league wasn't actually Alexstream? Haha. I guess because when I saw Aussie Canuck I thought it was AussiePosse and was totally wrong.