Confirmed: Halak starts

carey31price

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be interesting to see how Price reacts to receiving sole possession of the #1 job, how Halak responds to finally becoming a permanent on the NHL team and how Danis responds to finally being given a chance to prove himself (it's a bit harsh for a guy who earned himself a callup a couple of seasons ago, to still be playing back-up at the AHL level, especially to guys a few years younger than him).

Price will get the start against Buffalo on Friday.

From TSN Ice Chips:

Carey Price will get the start in goal on Friday in Buffalo. Carbonneau said he'll see how Price plays before deciding on his starter for Saturday's home game vs. New Jersey. Carbonneau says Jaroslav Halak will definitely get some work 'in the next little while.'...

Price will get the start against Buffalo on Friday.

From TSN Ice Chips:

Carey Price will get the start in goal on Friday in Buffalo. Carbonneau said he'll see how Price plays before deciding on his starter for Saturday's home game vs. New Jersey. Carbonneau says Jaroslav Halak will definitely get some work 'in the next little while.'...

That's what I would've done. I'd give Halak the game against NJ because that's the one at home. Halak is still undefeated at the Bell centre.

That's what I would've done. I'd give Halak the game against NJ because that's the one at home. Halak is still undefeated at the Bell centre.

Should Price have a good or great game and emerge with a W I would think he would get both games.

That's what I would've done. I'd give Halak the game against NJ because that's the one at home.

Just for that reason alone I'd let the kid play. As far as Price goes....even if we lose at Buffalo, I won't blame him, it seems we always have a tough time with the Sabers in their building and it never means anything anyway. If we win, I'd still give Halak a go at the devils.....that kid must be ready to kill. He has been shit on for too long, plus he's really good.

GO HALAK GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by SAKS-AVENUE

I think Price should definitely get the start tonight vs NJ...Its a huge game going for 1st so play the guy you think is going to led you into the playoffs!

You are probably right, and Carbo will go with Price, but just for kicks I would love to see Halak. He's great! He's hungry! He's ready! and He's unbeaten at the phone booth. A recipe for a WIN no matter how you want to look at it.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20.....;/1002/CPSPORTS

"Rentrés à Montréal immédiatement après le match, les joueurs du Canadien profiteront d'un congé ce matin. Guy Carbonneau a déjà indiqué qu'il fera appel à la même formation. Price entreprendra donc un troisième match de suite depuis le départ de Huet. "

Well you know......Some in these threads might get a little concerned our bouncy baby boy might be a little tired. :lol:

Yeah last year he really got tired after his WHL season and the WJC's he was spent before he got to Hamilton.

How many games did he play last year 100?

Yeah last year he really got tired after his WHL season and the WJC's he was spent before he got to Hamilton.

How many games did he play last year 100?

I'll bet Price will be one of those goalies that the more he plays the better he is. If you sit him is when he starts to have problems. In the last twenty years has any goalie played the entire season? I know Nabokov has played a lot and Kipper...but entire seasons? Watch Price get 60+ next year.

I'll bet Price will be one of those goalies that the more he plays the better he is. If you sit him is when he starts to have problems. In the last twenty years has any goalie played the entire season? I know Nabokov has played a lot and Kipper...but entire seasons? Watch Price get 60+ next year.

That would be nice. For my fantasy team it would be nice to have 2 60+ goalies going for me in Price/Luongo.

I can cherry pick the good matchups.

Edited by Wamsley01

That would be nice. For my fantasy team it would be nice to have 2 60+ goalies going for me in Price/Luongo.

I can cherry pick the good matchups.

That would not work both of them would struggle.

Golies like Brodeur, Luongo, Kipper and Nabakov would play much worse if they played less I hope Price is the same.

That would not work both of them would struggle.

Golies like Brodeur, Luongo, Kipper and Nabakov would play much worse if they played less I hope Price is the same.

I am talking about my Fantasy League team. I have to fill 82 games, and they play 130 between them I get to cherry pick the matchups for them.

You can also confirm 13-14 of the other 15 games...

I'm pretty sure that Halak will only play once or twice just to "keep him warm"...

Not only to keep him warm, but to be sure he doesn't leave the team this summer like perezhogin??

I could honestly care less if Jaroslav leaves (if Price is able to play 65-75 games) because if he plays that amount of games and wins 40-50 of them who really gives a crap what the back-up does? Sign Joe Shmo to the smallest contract allowed and as long as the habs can pull 5 or 6 wins out of this "shitty" goalie then we are still in the playoffs and likely in good position. IMHO we should consider trading Halak for an Impact player for next season, package him with a prospect or something...like Fischer!

Price has shown that when he is number 1, he is dominant.....he did it in hamilton, he did it in Tri-cities and he did it in thew WJC. Now he is doing it in Montreal. HE struggled when he had to sit, it is obvious he is going to be a good #1 goalie potentially a star with a ceiling of a generational goalie!

I could honestly care less if Jaroslav leaves (if Price is able to play 65-75 games) because if he plays that amount of games and wins 40-50 of them who really gives a crap what the back-up does? Sign Joe Shmo to the smallest contract allowed and as long as the habs can pull 5 or 6 wins out of this "shitty" goalie then we are still in the playoffs and likely in good position. IMHO we should consider trading Halak for an Impact player for next season, package him with a prospect or something...like Fischer!

Price has shown that when he is number 1, he is dominant.....he did it in hamilton, he did it in Tri-cities and he did it in thew WJC. Now he is doing it in Montreal. HE struggled when he had to sit, it is obvious he is going to be a good #1 goalie potentially a star with a ceiling of a generational goalie!

That's not very smart thinking. Who exactly are you going to put in net should Price go down with an injury? or better yet a career threatening injury? Joe Shmo? Halak has a small contract, and he is an incredible goalie. Can't say, I get your reasoning in any way.

That's not very smart thinking. Who exactly are you going to put in net should Price go down with an injury? or better yet a career threatening injury? Joe Shmo? Halak has a small contract, and he is an incredible goalie. Can't say, I get your reasoning in any way.

He just wants halak on the blues. :blink: