Confirmed: Halak starts

carey31price

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CKAC

Halak will play tomorrow.

So Price will get Sunday's game i would assume. I'm happy for Halak.

He's probably saying finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

I completely agree. If the Habs can make it to the second round, I'll be happy! I don't really think they can make it to the 3rd round.

I'm not making any predictions, but if they make it to the second round, why not the third? Who's going to stop them?

[/b]

I'm not making any predictions, but if they make it to the second round, why not the third? Who's going to stop them?

Looking at the standings now, I'm confident that the habs can beat any of the other teams, the only team that scares me are the Penguins. They have good goaltending and an amazing offense.

Any team in the east can win the east as their is a lot of parity. A hot goaltender, luck, and no injuries on any team can be the difference.

Beating the teams from the west for the cup will be far more challenging, imo.

Looking at the standings now, I'm confident that the habs can beat any of the other teams, the only team that scares me are the Penguins. They have good goaltending and an amazing offense.

I am no affriad of the Pens goaltending and their defense is brutal the Devils are the team that sacres me.

Any team in the east can win the east as their is a lot of parity. A hot goaltender, luck, and no injuries on any team can be the difference.

Yeah, this is the situation. We can look at the other teams and say 'who's going to beat us? None of these guys are real contenders.' But every other team is saying the same thing. If we have success, it will be on the back of great goal-tending.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really, really surprised.

But, there's still no controversy. Price is still our number one, I'm sure Carbo has made that very clear to him. He wants to reward Halak after two great performances, and ride a hot hand.

Looking at our last games, I thought Halak might get 3 starts - v. St Louis, one v Laffs, one maybe v Buffalo. We're about to start 8 games of inter-division warfare, and Price will be our guy (unless Halak shuts out the Blues - then what?). Plus, tough to not give a goalie a start after a shutout. Let Price relax, then show the rest of the division what they can expect for the next few years. It is the playoffs after the Blues - let's go get them.

Ideal situation, two hot young guns fighting it out for first. Looks like healthy friendly competition and we, the fans should be the winner. Price & Halak talk like they're pals and both want the number one spot...Price is still my starter for the playoffs however...but it would be great to go in to the playoffs with 2 hot hands.

Of course he's in...I would have figured Carbo for a moron if not: you don't sit a goaltender when he's got a shutout streak in the works unless he's hurt.

(unless Halak shuts out the Blues - then what?).

If Halak shuts out the Blues, he should get the next start too. It's not like Price is going to be upset by this...I'm sure he'd be pissed if he got sat down coming off of a shutout.

Edited by sbhatt

Of course he's in...I would have figured Carbo for a moron if not: you don't sit a goaltender when he's got a shutout streak in the works unless he's hurt.

If Halak shuts out the Blues, he should get the next start too. It's not like Price is going to be upset by this...I'm sure he'd be pissed if he got sat down coming off of a shutout.

This is all that it comes down to right now. The guy gets a shutout....it's a no-brainer. No coach would sit him at this point.

Carbo said that Price will start Thursday even if Halak gets a shutout.

That would be different..

• 2 weeks later...
Price to start Friday

Latendresse close to returning.

TSN ICE CHIPS

Awesome, I will be there. Watching a 10 alarm fire and eating Buffalo Chicken wings!

I am going up as well.

Care to say hello?

Sure, what section are you in? They have a bar on the main floor. I could meet you there between periods.

I will be easy to spot. I will be the only one not wearing Zubaz

Sure, what section are you in? They have a bar on the main floor. I could meet you there between periods.

I will be easy to spot. I will be the only one not wearing Zubaz

I do not have tickets yet.

My dad and I are going to get scalpers.

I will send you a PM.