Alouettes News 2004

Habs77

Yea, I haven't been able to even see a game on TV yet, but from what I read in the reports, they are killing it. 5-0... i really gotta catch a game some time soon.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the game, not a whole lot to say. Denson didn't look good tonight. Copeland had a good game with a couple of TDs and the Als picked off McManus 6 times.

The atmosphere at Ivor Wynne was great, Hamilton is pretty excited about the Ti-cats again and it was night and day between Skydome and Ivor Wynne. I really want to go to a game at Molson Stadium because i know the atmosphere is probably 10 times better than Ivor wynne.

I watched the whole game on tv... it was very good, first game I've seen all season. Most of our passes were great... and ohhh boy... all those hits... gotta luv it.....

Anyone else think the Als can pull off a perfect season?

The Als become unbeatable if the offense can truly start rolling... they haven't yet.

The defense gives their 6 INTs and yet the Cats were still just 10 pts behind for most of the game.

We should have put them away much earlier.

But we already saw a big improvement the second Copeland has returned... he showed yesterday just how special he is, when we're in the red zone where it counts.

Denson seemed hurt as some point, and so did Lapointe when he took a helmet to the knee.

But you're right, Denson had a tendency to lose yardage trying to make a big play when just plugging ahead would have been the better choice.

Once in a while I don't mind it, but all game long it started irritating me.

No matter, they have yet to put a complete game together and they're 6-0... that's promising.

IMO our biggest challenger will be TO in the end... they have the D & special teams, and the second they figure out how to use Avery along with their passing game they'll have the complete package.

I still give us the edge, but it won't be easy... hell we had trouble putting away a pretty average Hamilton team last night.

The perfect season is over. The Als got smacked by the Lions, the Lions have ruined the Als perfect season for 4 staight years now I think...

What a stinker. Nothing went right for the Als, AC was awful.

That damn trip to BC always does the trick... notice I said the trip always does it to us, not the team that it there.

The second I heard Sanchez & Butler were out, I feared the worst.

I knew that meant the D wasn't going to be able to win this one on their own as usual... and I we know the offense hasn't shown an ability to win on their own, ever.

Ezra Landry injured, and the most emotionally fragile kicker in the league incapable of playing well in BC... the defence a little hampered by injuries... this game was about the offense showing it could just once lead the team to victory.

And they showed they couldn't... Calvillo again showing how ordinary he really is, choke artist extraordinaire.

Take away the responsibility of calling his own plays, let him focus on execution.

BC has a secondary that was burned by just about every team, our offense can't manage one touchdown... pathetic.

• 3 months later...

Well its time to get excited about the Als again. I went to the Argos/Ti-cats game tonight. Ti-cats never really got any offense going and the Argos handled them easily. The atmosphere at the game was pretty solid with 37,000 fans on hand.

Anyone going to the East Final?

GO ALS GO

Originally posted by Quebecois

Well its time to get excited about the Als again. I went to the Argos/Ti-cats game tonight. Ti-cats never really got any offense going and the Argos handled them easily. The atmosphere at the game was pretty solid with 37,000 fans on hand.  

Anyone going to the East Final?  

GO ALS GO

I'm not going, I'd rather watch at home (good tickets are expensive). 3rd straight year the Eastern final is between the Als and Argos... And hopefully for the 3rd straight year the Als advance to the Grey Cup...

Go Als!

I'm really looking forward to the game too, but first I must bring about some bad news. RB Autry Denson's knee injury has not healed enough yet for him to practice. As a result, it was announced today that he will not dress for Sunday's Eastern Final. Lapointe will start, and Jonas Lewis will back him up. Personally, I'm not too upset with this, Denson had struggled his last few outing, likely because of the injury mind you, but Lewis played well vs Ottawa and Hamilton.

I'm not sure Heppell is back yet (I don't think so though), so I'd assume Cavil will see some time in the backfield as well, he usually gets a carry or two during the game.

Anyone else find the start time a little strange? Usually the East final goes at 1, and the West at 4, but this year, the West goes first, still at 4, while the Argos/Als game is at 7. I'd guess CBC is trying to put something on in primetime besides The Greatest Canadian to coerce some viewers to actually tune in. The change in time better not be due to The Wiggles, that's for sure. :)

Originally posted by dlbalr

Anyone else find the start time a little strange?  Usually the East final goes at 1, and the West at 4, but this year, the West goes first, still at 4, while the Argos/Als game is at 7.  I'd guess CBC is trying to put something on in primetime besides The Greatest Canadian to coerce some viewers to actually tune in.  The change in time better not be due to The Wiggles, that's for sure. :)

I think thats great. I enjoy watching football (and most sporting events) at night rather then the daytime. It'll probably get the CBC higher ratings.

• 3 months later...

A day after losing Copeland to the Stamps, the Als made a rather significant signing today, adding former Argos RB Michael Jenkins to the fold. He signed a 1 year deal, reportedly worth $120 K, plus an option.

http://www.montrealalouettes.com/ViewArtic...0&ATCLID=109959

The interesting note here, is that it's being reported by both TSN and SNET that he will be replacing Autry Denson, and not Eric Lapointe, who last season, hinted at retiring. Jonas Lewis will be the 3rd back.

In other news, former Calgary QB Marcus Crandell is in Montreal, and the Als are very interested in signing him. There's even a report on the FAN 590 (a Toronto radio station) that a deal is done and that a press conference will be held in the near future to announce the signing.