The Kidd Trade - Reason #325 why the NBA sucks

simonus

These negotiations had so little to do with anyone's ability to play basketball that the deal was finally settled by having Keith Van Horn—a forward who last played for the Mavs in 2006—come out of retirement to sign a new $4 million deal so he could be traded to New Jersey and not play for the Nets.

hahahaha rotfl rotfl rotfl

dying of laughter

omg

i don't pay much to american sports up here in the north but lol, hysterical.

Very funny. To me it demonstrates the ingenuity of some of the GMs in professional sports. The rules were made with good intention, but as usual, the reason why the game cost so much is some GMs will throw bucket-loads of cash at anyone in an attempt to win championships. We are just lucky to have a reasonable GM who doesn't get suckered in to that kind of tom-foolery! (I mean Gainey here ... I know we don't have a basketball team!)

Raptors were the worst with a $10 million player who never even showed up in Toronto with the Carter trade. The League should have suspended the jerk, but justice is he wins a title with the Heat and collected $millions for never playing for the Raps.