Media Bias

Fanpuck33_

I found an article in the newspaper recently that showed a rather large left-wing bias. It was in relation to the 9/11 Commission investigating links between Iraq and Al-Qaeda. The headline read: "No Link Found Between Iraq and Al-Qaeda." But in the 5th paragraph, they dilineated numerous links between the two parties. People who skim over headlines will see this and get the wrong idea, because that is what the paper tried to do. They know many people will not read to the 5th paragraph. This is bias if I have ever seen it.

Oh boo hoo.... the fact is there were no meaningful links between the two, no WMDs either... nothing to justify invading Iraq.

It was simply an easy target, an oil grab, and a chance to fix his dad's mistake when he failed to finish the job the 1st time.

If links to AlQuaeda & 9/11 was the premise for attacking anyone, you would have attacked Saudi Arabia since most of the 9/11 terrorists were from there and most of the money came from there as well.

But it just happens the royals in Saudi Arabia have a really cozy relationship with the Bushes, have given them millions... and so nothing is done to them.

Go see Farenheit 9/11 when it comes out.

The Bush admin lied, and continue to do so to this very day.

Same goes for the torture scandal... it's a freaking joke.

Did the biased left media doctor the pictures?

Gimme a break.

You should watch the Daily Show with John Stewart, not only funny as hell... but shows clips of the whole Bush admin lying their asses off.

You want biased media, turn to Fox...

the possible links that are often mentioned between iraq and al-qaeda are generally unproven, if not disproven.

To which newspaper are you referring? I am quite interested to find such a liberal bastion. Are you referring to the NYtimes? Washington Post? USA Today? That liberal stronghold - The Wall Street Journal?

Are there liberal journalists? Sure. Are there right-wing journalists? Sure. Whose voice is more prominent? Probably depends on who's listening. One thing to note - most of the people who own newspapers are other media outlets are generally right-wing. Why would they blow so much money to propagate points of view that they disagree with?

Originally posted by Habs77

Go see Farenheit 9/11 when it comes out.

You would have to pay me to go see anything by that asshole Michael Moore. He didn't make this movie to show the truth, he made it to bash Bush. When making this movie, he didn't seek out all the facts, he only paid attention to whatever makes Bush look bad.

Oh boo hoo

This is subverse liberal bias at its best. The headline and the article are completely contradictory. The writer and editor know that most people only skim headlines and articles, so they use the title to blast Bush, knowing that is what people will notice.

You want biased media, turn to Fox...

Yep, the only TV network that liberals complain about, so it is the only conservative network. Sure, they are conservative, but they also employ liberals and always include both sides of the issue.

Originally posted by simonus

Are you referring to the NYtimes?

I came into the middle of a conversation my father was having, so I am not totally sure which paper he was referring to, but I think it was the NY Times.

By the way, did you know that Clinton's autobiography and Harry Potter have the same plot? Both are about a little boy and his wand.