Huet to Wash for 2nd round pick

HabsWEST

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kills any doubt in nets. Going with Price. Halak? Danis must be happy as well with this trade.

It might kill doubts as to who's going to play. It sure as hell does nothing to calm my doubts about the quality of our goaltending though. :unsure:

this could be:

-picking up a piece that's key to a later trade

-clearing cap space to make a larger move

-getting something for an asset that the team had a)lost confidence in or b)knew they would lose for nothing at the end of the year

Price is now the #1 goalie Halak will back up or Danis will. We were not going to sign Huet after this season so Bob tried to get the most he could for him. While we might love Huet I don't think he commands a lot of respect around the league.

I hope its ugraded to Washington's first pick if Washington signs Huet.

But, he is UFA, and he can be signed back, and get a free 2nd pick...

Here is HALAK's chance!!!

Is Gainey looking at a bigger deal, and a Goalie back?

Someone like Roloson??? I hope not...

I cant help but think a Goalie is coming back...

I would just go with Halak and Price....

TSN panel sure have no confidence in Halak, but more of reflecion that everyone thinks Montreal got to little for Huet and this is a shock...

I personally dont think it is that bad a deal......

Wow!

Not a bad trade. I must be one of the few Habs fans that think Price is not ready yet for a #1 role, but it's been thrust upon him so I have to hope for the best.

Wow!

Not a bad trade. I must be one of the few Habs fans that think Price is not ready yet for a #1 role, but it's been thrust upon him so I have to hope for the best.

I'm not sure he's ready right now, but I think he and Halak could really push each other.

What a crappy trade. What the heck is Gainey doing here. Come on a second round pick.

Couln't we have at least given Huet to the Lightning or Detroit for a little in return.

Very dissapointed.