Cedrick Desjardins

Shu

Link

WOW! I was just looking at desjardins stats and was blown away, he seemed to be a top ECHL goaltender. The call up to Hamilton will bring his game to a new level.

The Depth of the Montreal's goaltenders is mind blowing...... Price, Halak, Danis and now this guy!! Cant wait to see what he can do in the AHL.

Link

WOW! I was just looking at desjardins stats and was blown away, he seemed to be a top ECHL goaltender. The call up to Hamilton will bring his game to a new level.

The Depth of the Montreal's goaltenders is mind blowing...... Price, Halak, Danis and now this guy!! Cant wait to see what he can do in the AHL.

Shu you beat me to it. Thanks for starting this thread.

Some history for Cedrick so far from echl site:

ECHL statistics :hockey:

2005-06 Season: Played 41 games with Quebec (QMJHL), posting a 28-10-0 record with a 2.95 goals against average and .906 save percentage…Led QMJHL with five shutouts

Fifth in QMJHL in wins (28), eighth in save percentage (.906) and tenth in goals against (2.95)…Put together an eleven game winning streak from Oct. 26 through Nov. 26

During that stretch had a 2.15 goals against average…Had nine game winning streak from Feb. 3 through March 2…Pair of 43 save games

Spectacular in November, going 8-0-0 with 2.01 goals against average and .931 save percentage

Topped that in February, also going 8-0-0 with 1.88 goals against and .940 save percentage

Career: 2004-05: Played 44 games with Rimouski (QMJHL), winning league-best 30 times

Collected pair of shutouts and finished eighth in league with .909 save percentage and tenth in goals against average at 2.95

Second half of season saw record go 18-0-1 with 2.37 goals against average

After losing game Nov. 19 vs. Quebec, turned in 20-0-3 record rest of season

Had 14 game winning streak from Jan. 7 through March 3

Season-high 47 saves in 4-2 win vs. Moncton, Jan. 16

2003-04: Played 20 games, turning in 8-11-0 record with 3.86 goals against average

Season-high 42 saves in 5-4 win over Victoriaville on Dec. 2

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

Yes, and he is still very young, he was a great signing. Should be a top farmer, at the very least. If he's ever to play in the NHL, it'll be with another team.

According to Hickey, Desjardins is going to jump right into the AHL and play the majority of the games. Yann Danis is just an unlucky guy, I guess.

Yes, and he is still very young, he was a great signing. Should be a top farmer, at the very least. If he's ever to play in the NHL, it'll be with another team.

I wouldn't be so sure of that... Anyone remember a goalie who seemed set in MTL for the foreseeable future, named Theodore?

I wouldn't be so sure of that... Anyone remember a goalie who seemed set in MTL for the foreseeable future, named Theodore?

Yup, and Cedrick has to prove himself once again for the dogs. And Denis just has to bide his time or ask BG for a trade to another team in the offseason.

I was at the Bulldogs game tonight. Desjardins came in after Danis was down 5-0. I actually thought Danis didn't play bad, goal 5 was bad, but I thought Desjardins played really well in relief. He was also the last goalie on the ice in the warmup for either team and almost the last player. My first look at him and I liked him. I particularly like the "Desjardins" advertising on the boards behind him :D

ced1iu6.jpg

ced2jg4.jpg

Edited by Fat Tony

Maybe, but now he has TWO goalies that are way ahead of him on the depth chart and both of them are around his age so they're going to be around for while. Even if Price crashed and burned (which seems very unlikely consdering how steady he is) there would still be Halak around who has starting potential.