Where did they Go!

Habsfan84

This is a thread to find out what happened to those players that were playing in the NHL and then suddenly vanished.

My first player to ask about is what ever happended to Robert Esche? He was playing last year wasn't he? He just vanished and never returned.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a thread to find out what happened to those players that were playing in the NHL and then suddenly vanished.

My first player to ask about is what ever happended to Robert Esche? He was playing last year wasn't he? He just vanished and never returned.

Rebound Rob is playing in Russia this year.

Rebound Rob is playing in Russia this year.

He really had a bad year before he left. How is he doing in Russia.

where is Sergei Berezin?

He is retired now. Berezin's last season in pro hockey was in 2003-2004 where he returned to play hockey in Russia with CSKA Moscow where in 16 games he had one goal and 4 total points.

He really had a bad year before he left. How is he doing in Russia.

I know he's playing with Ak Bars Kazan, but I'm not really sure how he's doing. I can't really find any info. I was glad to see him off the team quite frankly haha.

Yeah, what happend to Jim Carrey?!

Came in, won the Vezina and then returned from wherever he came from... Just like he never existed.

And what about Drew Miller from last seasons Cup winning team?

Did some research on Google, mostly info from a Washington Post article (link below).

Carey was always a bit of an enigma, lots of nerves and very sensitive. He was traded from Washington to Boston because of his poor playoff play the year after the Vezina win and took it personally. The Bruins management disliked his attitude and he was adjusting to new equipment when he posted atrocious numbers, and he was hurt when the team questioned his work ethic. It all went to his head, he had never really had to compete for a starter's role at all in his career. He was a "natural" talent and didn't like that he was competing for a job. Short story, he was flopping all over the place on the ice, poor positioning, the whole deal. Lost his job to Byron Dafoe, got demoted, his desire was questioned. Went to St Louis and played a few games the next year, but it was clear he had lost his desire to play. He had an inner ear concussion playing in the IHL in 1999 and left hockey at age 24. Hockey wasn't the be-all/end-all of his life and I guess that didn't sit well in the NHL.

Here's the word from his former agent Brian Lawton in 2000....

"Jim made $800,000 or $900,000 the year he won the Vezina and then he signed a four-year, $11 million contract. And Jim has done so well with his investments that he doesn't have to work. He's working on his business degree at the University of Tampa and looking to get involved in the financial world. It's disappointing that Jim didn't persevere because he still had a lot to give to the sport. Despite everything that had happened, 24 was too young to leave hockey.''

He lives in Florida and has completely left the world of hockey. He refused to be interviewed for the story. I guess his Vezina is collecting dust in his basement. Kind of sad really but it seems his life turned out well anyhow.

http://members.tripod.com/~mscapsfan/carey0700.html

Mike Danton?

The Canadian Press

Pretrial hearing for former hockey agent David Frost put off to March 13

Feb 20, 2008

KINGSTON, Ont. - A pre-trial hearing for former hockey agent David Frost, who faces fraud charges for allegedly using a player's credit card, will be held March 13.

Frost is charged with one count each of fraud, criminal personation and violating bail. The charges came after a credit card belonging to ex-St. Louis Blues player Mike Danton was used at a Kingston gas station in March 2007.

Danton has been in jail in the United States since 2004 after pleading guilty to conspiring to have Frost killed.

Frost is also expected to stand trial in early May on six counts of sexual exploitation related to alleged incidents in the nearby communities of Deseronto and Napanee between 1995 and 2001.

Copyright © 2008 The Canadian Press. All rights reserved.

Edited by les_glorieux

okay here's a really old one, who's now way past retired but whatever happened to John Casey? As an old blues fan he sort of just disappeared after taking over for injured Grant Fuhr when Oh overrated one was with the blue note.

Claude Lemmeuix

All those russians on the old 90's red wings teams

Danny Markov...

he was negotiating with a lot of teams about a contract..never got one..ended in russia probably.

i couldnt help myself Googling him

He recently signed a two year contract with HC Dynamo Moscow of the Russian Super League

Edited by Dutch_Habs_Fan

okay here's a really old one, who's now way past retired but whatever happened to John Casey? As an old blues fan he sort of just disappeared after taking over for injured Grant Fuhr when Oh overrated one was with the blue note.

Claude Lemmeuix

All those russians on the old 90's red wings teams

Consultant, and former president for the ECHL Phoenix Roadrunners.

• 3 weeks later...
Ok but does anyone still not know were Byron Dafoe is.

He played 18 games for the Atlanta Thrashers in 2003-04 and then retired from professional hockey during the lockout. Not sure what he's doing now.

I really liked Dafoe when he was a Bruin.